Multiplat S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 - 5th September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This and Atomic Heart are two of my most anticipated releases this year and been wondering how this war may affect them. GSC are based in Kyiv which this obviously immediately affects, but I'm now also curious about Mundfish (Atomic Heart) from Moscow and what impact sanctions or global isolation will have on them.

Somewhat good news.

GSC Game World, developer of the upcoming Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl, is reportedly looking to relocate staff to Prague in order to safely finish its game.

The studio is currently based in Kyiv, Ukraine's capital, though has understandably had to put work on hold while the Russian invasion continues.

I'm sure we could wait longer for a video game as long as everyone is safe.

iguess-kramer.gif

Great trailer really looking forward to this. Really sad that not all the team will be around to see it released RIP Vladimir Yezhov who died fighting in Bakhmut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting article about challenges of developing a game in a war zone.

I haven't pre-ordered a game for years (because it's largely pointless) but I'm tempted to here.

I'm the same. I can make an exception here. Even though it's coming to Game Pass I will pre-order anyway. One of my all time favourite bands are from Kharkiv and since the start of the invasion have been selling merch and doing fund raisers to donate to a few local charities as well buying things like drones, generators and other supplies for the 93rd mechanised brigade. The 93rd are from Kharkiv but have been prominent in the east and have only recently been pulled from a rotation in Bakhmut. I've spent the equivalent to hundreds of Euros buying merch and music of stuff that I not only already have but can also listen to on Spotify but I don't mind as it's for a good cause.

I'm the same. I can make an exception here. Even though it's coming to Game Pass I will pre-order anyway. One of my all time favourite bands are from Kharkiv and since the start of the invasion have been selling merch and doing fund raisers to donate to a few local charities as well buying things like drones, generators and other supplies for the 93rd mechanised brigade. The 93rd are from Kharkiv but have been prominent in the east and have only recently been pulled from a rotation in Bakhmut. I've spent the equivalent to hundreds of Euros buying merch and music of stuff that I not only already have but can also listen to on Spotify but I don't mind as it's for a good cause.

That's awesome mate. Some things just transcend money.

And another hack by russians in what they've said has been a year and a half of attacks.

Ukrainian developer GSC Game World has asked fans not to share an early test build of Stalker 2, stolen and leaked online by Russian hackers as part of what it calls a "year and a half" attack.

"We are a Ukrainian company," it wrote at the time, "and like most Ukrainians, we have experienced many things that are much more terrifying: destroyed houses, ruined lives, and the deaths of our loved ones. Attempts to blackmail or intimidate us are completely futile".

December 1 maybe.

Also had to add an extra "stalker" into thread title because I had a hard time searching for this thread unless I worked out exactly what I wrote it as 😬

Remove this Banner Ad

Back