Media S31 "Under the Spotlight" with WW19 - Welcome to Pleasantville

Remove this Banner Ad

Gj6Mn.gif
200.gif

Welcome all to another edition of "Under The Spotlight" .....this week we study the thoughts of SarahSmiles and him being offended by the very existence of the Baghdad Bombers

Now, this is not a thread to bash SarahSmiles , we understand his life experience is quite limited .....but it is a view that is raised from time to time, most recently kdavva74 .....who was very offended

Now, I'm the least racial person you'll ever meet .....but where does RL and fantasy separate, should it separate??

I'm a lover of Music and Movies .....yes you could call me a Movie Addict, as I watch a min of two movies a night.
My collection goes back to the 1920's early talkies
Movies are history books .....they depict life and social values of the time .....rightly or wrongly by today's social values, the PC set want these movies "doctored" or "explained" ......if that's is the case burn all history books on the same grounds .....or should we use these movies and History Books as learning tools for future generations

Sorry ....I took a short detour ....back on track now folks

We operate in the SFA ....posters have persona's ...do we believe that their posting in the SFA is a reflection of their true selves, their true beliefs ......no, it's pure fun, to get a laugh, to get a rise from someone .....or take the micky out of someone, like the Vanilla Slice prank with AceAndy

tumblr_mlf5yaWuBg1qz8x31o1_500.gif
Likewise the Bombers have a position in the SFA ....probably, no definitely the most defined club personality in the SFA

Does it mean the views posted accurately reflect the true thoughts of Tony Lynn 15 , cadsky , Santoz , or TheCoach16 or myself ?

Yes we talk about Bombs, Baghdadi Women, and our pet goats .....is it as frequent as posters have this concept of us, no ! ......do they reflect our true personalities, no !

It's my belief, the problem does not lie with the Bombers Posters, or the Baghdad Bombers Club Image ......it resides with the offended posters who cannot differentiate fantasy from RL .....or worse expect Fantasy to reflect RL

FFS get over yourselves .......it's a freakin set of jokes .....Comedy is about offence, laughing at someone else's expense .....but it seems we're getting all too fragile now to laugh at ourselves .....have some fun
Even the reality shows fascination, is based on other people hoping someone comes a cropper, or being able to vent on the series villain on twitter

To the next level of absurdity ....these guardians of the PC culture, are also the bullying tweeters, the sending of death threats to sportspeople ....the vandals of our history, and those who disregard the health of our Community, because their cause is more important than anybody else's

So let me ask you .......are you are a hypocrite ?
View attachment 932907
0JWGgfg.gif

Wow. I am shocked. I always thought SarahSmiles was a chick?

Like Julius Caesar living in the Middle Ages levels of wrong or 25% of a multiple-choice questionnaire type wrong?

Nah JC was BC - I wanted to rattle on about the remaining vestiges of Roman civilisation in the Middle Ages in Pomgolia - but time was pressing and my bags were melting under the torch.

The Quiz was indeed great fun.

I have no idea why Wayneo (and Ace) are such cowards. Turbos chooks showed greater judgement and heart.

Nah JC was BC - I wanted to rattle on about the remaining vestiges of Roman civilisation in the Middle Ages in Pomgolia - but time was pressing and my bags were melting under the torch.

The Quiz was indeed great fun.

I have no idea why Wayneo (and Ace) are such cowards. Turbos chooks showed greater judgement and heart.

Making error after error doesn't leave you qualified to comment on the greater judgment of anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They haven't disappeared mate .....but look who does use them now

And I could easily mount a case for bullying .....stereotyping ....how far do you want to take this discussion
Wayne, you're just like Trump in that you communicate without actually passing on any information or ideas. Yes, please let's continue the discussion.

Exactly how? This is the crux of the matter so I'd like to see exactly where this occurs.
Goose was more specific:

The whole gag is that people from Iraq and like to shag camels. The whole joke relies on a racist stereotype. It is not clever, there is no nuance, there is no pun.

we do not joke about being camel rooters.
I'm not so sure about that. You may not, but your teammates regularly make questionable comments:

KohPhi's persona aroused by a suggetive gif of a man/camel:
Anyone else get a bit horny watching that?

CALL ME SNAKE's person with the euphemism:
I also tried camel jerking once. But that's a boring story and I'm sure nobody wants to hear about it.

Another euphemism between former and current Bomber personas:
You’ll get no say in the matter with regards to mood, whinny or eeaw :horseface:
Let’s just say your after game initiation will be in the stables...if you can still walk;)
Oh sh*t. Hang on. Nobody said anything about horses or donkeys.
I was told it would be camels
There's always camels. I'll even bring Norma old camel. Its so frail it can barely walk these days but by god it has great humps

And for a different angle some included casual misogyny from VSTone's and MITS' personas:
just trying to find the camels so the wives can get back to the dishes
It’s fu**in tuesday campaigner. Was a big weekend lassoing camels to trade for women. Some of us are a bit tired.

Wayne, you're just like Trump in that you communicate without actually passing on any information or ideas. Yes, please let's continue the discussion.

Goose was more specific:

I'm not so sure about that. You may not, but your teammates regularly make questionable comments:

And for a different angle some included casual misogyny from VSTone's and MITS' personas:

******* disappointed in myself for not making that list.

Goose was more specific:

Exactly where in any of that do we associate people from Iraq rooting camels?

You said it yourself, you're pretending to be Baghdadians:

All I see is personas making references. Again, not once does a persona comment on Iraqi's being camel rooters.

So pretending to be someone who is racist makes it all ok?

This is going nowhere. Neither of us is going to budge and I have camels to tend to. Ciao :thumbsu:

Goose was more specific:

Lol what a waste of time

Goose was more specific:

The goalposts are about to be shifted.

Goose was more specific:

how-to-party-or-what.gif

So it's casual misogyny ......have you actually looked up the meaning of this accusation against the club .....cause I don't think you have, pretty big statement

If I went thru this site and deleted every post that breached PC rules of RL .....trust me, this place closes down

If fact I can probably rustle up your posts ......I'm sure there's examples of belittling, bullying and all sorts of other accusations

My experience, is most of the PC set, and keyboard heroes tend to be the biggest hypocrites in the world .......goes back to the old saying ...never trust someone who says trust me .....it's fact

I will comment on whatever I like or not.
I absolutely support the right to free speech .....I love open debates, and not people thinking who yells loudest wins .....but please make it able to be interpreted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back