News SaintsW General Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see that not one person wanted a transfer from St Kilda this year amongst a massive movement of players in the AFLW.
Very refreshing after losing our bnf winner the past 2 off seasons.

Great to see we are building a strong core that are still early 20s and can build together. Smith and Patrikios committing long term is particularly good because those are the 2 we need to become superstars.

She seems super mature :thumbsu:

“Looking back at little nine-year-old me just playing footy with the boys and watching those boys get their name read out, it would just mean the world to me to have that opportunity.

“Even in the earlier years watching the girls go off and play Vic Metro and bring back what they learnt, I think being around people while growing up is such an important thing.”

Whiley then went on to make her own mark at the Vic Metro level, playing for them in the two most recent carnivals. She also made her Victorian Football League debut this year for the Western Bulldogs in round seven against Williamstown.

“It really opened my eyes. It’s another level up again, just the professionalism and then amount of fun and enjoyment that the girls are still able to bring into it but being able to flick the switch when necessary to get the most out of training,” she said.

“While captaining the Jets, my goal was always to be leading by example so being able to bring back what I learned and setting the standard was quite beneficial I think.”

Like many other girls in the same position as Whiley she has opted into the national draft, declaring she would be grateful to land at any of the 18 clubs in the competition.

“A lot can be said for that independence and my parents have always been very supportive so I know that it still won’t be too far and they’re just a phone call away,” she said.

“I still feel very supported if my name happens to get called for a team interstate.”

Last edited:
Assuming our last remaining pick will be father/daughter selection Charlotte Simpson, daughter of Sean Simpson

What was the deal with our pick swap involving Collingwood? Pretty sure we had picks 10, 30 and 50 a day ago.

I'm watching the Women's Draft, why the hell is the music so loud? It sounds like they are hosting the AFLW Draft at Chasers Nightclub

What was the deal with our pick swap involving Collingwood? Pretty sure we had picks 10, 30 and 50 a day ago.
I'm not sure what the swap was but after pick 10, we only had room for the father/daughter Simpson we had already committed too so I'm guessing we gave them those picks because we didn't need them to get Simpson.

A contested ball winner sounds like what we need so seems like a reasonable pick.

Anyone know more about her?
The RMC profile is pretty spot on from what I've seen. Good at everything without being really great at anything. That probably sounds a bit more negative than I intend it to be. I'm happy with the pick. She has flown under the radar a bit next to some genuinely spectacular teammates (two first overalls now and a couple that should go very early next year). It'll be interesting to see how she's used. She can play indside and out. I wouldn't be shocked to see her off half back or something like that early. Has some class about her, which seems to be a common theme among recent early picks.

Gave up our second round pick in the Trudgeon deal and got back a third round pick that we traded for Caris. Whiley was our own first and I believe Simpson was our own third. I didn't have sound on, but I wasn't expecting a bid for her. Some numbers got shifted around with deleted picks from teams that didn't have space for them and with bidding moving picks around.

Keira Whiley looks like she kicks with real intent. Will be handy to have another ball player in the team. She looks ready to go physically as well, I hope she comes on sooner rather than later.

We looked really good this year when we were able to move the ball with a real deliberateness. I think Keira can add to that.

Assuming our last remaining pick will be father/daughter selection Charlotte Simpson, daughter of Sean Simpson

Did she nominate us over Geelong? Nice to get a father daughter pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back