SANFL 2016 - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I refuse to watch AFL teams play in the SANFL
What's the alternative though? the AFL clubs having their players spread from arsehole to breakfast throughout the SANFL like before?

Would you want Collingwoods players sent to umpteen sides across the VFL?

What's the alternative though? the AFL clubs having their players spread from arsehole to breakfast throughout the SANFL like before?

Kick out the crows and bring in a 10th SANFL side either based in the north east or split up woodville west torrens.

Let Port Power have their players in the Port Magpies and West Adelaide. The Crows should have their players play for sturt and norwood

Kick out the crows and bring in a 10th SANFL side either based in the north east or split up woodville west torrens.

Let Port Power have their players in the Port Magpies and West Adelaide. The Crows should have their players play for sturt and norwood
lol no! our players are Port Adelaide football club players and that's where they will play we won't entertain changing that.

Look in a perfect world there would be an AFL reserves league but I guess that would make the SANFL even more irrelevant.

The AFL, instead of wasting money on a half arsed contrived womens league should get serious and have a reserves competition.
Having AFL players spread through their respective SANFL clubs is preferable then having two stand alone AFL reserves teams.
Westies would have loved having Jonno Beech (0 AFL games),Riley Bonner & Will Snelling (1 AFL game each) playing for them this season.

Remember this is not about what is best for the AFL, this is about what is best for the SANFL

The AFL, instead of wasting money on a half arsed contrived womens league should get serious and have a reserves competition.
Having AFL players spread through their respective SANFL clubs is preferable then having two stand alone AFL reserves teams.
Westies would have loved having Jonno Beech (0 AFL games),Riley Bonner & Will Snelling (1 AFL game each) playing for them this season.

Remember this is not about what is best for the AFL, this is about what is best for the SANFL
I agree that an AFL reserves comp is the ideal but it would relegate the SANFL to 3rd tier which would make it less attractive to the public than it already is.

Beech is an AFC player, Bonner & Snelling are PAFC players the old system will never be accepted by the AFL clubs again and rightly so.

What's the half-time free kick count? lol the memo must have been sent

No Alf in da Snaffle

They go and play in the VFL with the other Reserves sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glad sturt won... There would of been riots in hindley street.
Dunno

2qxuyde.jpg

Noticeable difference in the attitude of the Adelaide players this week. When Crows were still in the AFL finals, all the reserves were busting a gut to make the A team. Yesterday it was as if they just wanted to join their A team for Mad Monday. Amazing how this has totally compromised the finals series.

Noticeable difference in the attitude of the Adelaide players this week. When Crows were still in the AFL finals, all the reserves were busting a gut to make the A team. Yesterday it was as if they just wanted to join their A team for Mad Monday. Amazing how this has totally compromised the finals series.
So an AFL reserves side is still yet to win a GF and you are still whinging?

*Oh yea I'm fine with joining the VFL btw but do you guys want the SANFL to flounder even further if that happens?

So an AFL reserves side is still yet to win a GF and you are still whinging?

*Oh yea I'm fine with joining the VFL btw but do you guys want the SANFL to flounder even further if that happens?

No, not whingeing, I'll leave that to Port fans because they're so good at it. My comment was simply an observation about the game yesterday. I'd like to know what part of what I posted was wrong.

At risk of diminishing Sturt's effort (which was outstanding) I agree with this. On face value one club was playing as though their 'life depended on it' and 9-10 months of hard toil and sacrifice was on the line. The other didn't give that impression. The intensity and hunger for a contest that the Ravens showed against the Dogs and Panthers appeared to be lacking. Admittedly they did have some key outs (2 of which came about due to a result in a completely different competition- completely logical hey?) from the previous week but the attitude didn't look right.

Couple that with some remarkably one-sided umpiring in the first half (as far as the stats go anyway, some more cynical folk may suggest the umps were pulling strings) and one club having next to no support behind the fence, it was a prelim with an unusual atmosphere and feel to it.

Loved the passion and delight shown by the Sturt boys as they sung their song. Yesterday meant a lot to one club.

For interest's sake:

Ravens' and Port's record in SANFL finals when their AFL side is alive- 3 wins (PA v SA, AD v SA, AD v CD), 1 loss (PA v NWD)
Ravens' and Port's record in SANFL finals when their AFL side is idle- 0 wins, 4 losses (PA v NWD, PA v WA, PA v CD, AD v STU)

Small sample size admittedly but is a trend developing?

Last edited:
That's a bit rough on poor old
Port magpies supporters who are still clinging to the club they love even after it was ripped and wrenched from their grasp
Well they can ask the tough questions to Kock & Co. They're the ones that U-turned on the proposal.
There's no easy answers that are a good middle ground for all. I seriously think this is the best option and one that can even have benefits to the reserves teams in the long run.

That's a bit rough on poor old
Port magpies supporters who are still clinging to the club they love even after it was ripped and wrenched from their grasp
Perhaps they could have a meeting to learn the A,B,C's & realize the club joined the AFL in the 90's.. I'm sure there's an old phonebox somewhere they could hold it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back