SANFL video

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by yob
:) I'm a westies supporter, I was 6 months old when they won their last premiership, let me hang on :)

Seriously, do you think if I called the ABC I could buy a copy of the tape?

Probably - that's where I got my copies of the 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998 and 1999 Grand Finals from - I might ask them if they have 1990 and 1992 to complete the set :D

Originally posted by yob
:) I'm a westies supporter, I was 6 months old when they won their last premiership, let me hang on :)

Seriously, do you think if I called the ABC I could buy a copy of the tape?

I know the game you are talking about. Dunno about it being the best comeback in the history of the sport tho.

9 goals up at quarter time, and West cameback. Simister took a speccy with about 30 seconds left and goaled from the goalsquare to win the game by a point?

That match was somewhere in the opening 10 rounds of 1994. Friday night game.

I reckon if you rung the ABC they'd have a tape in storage somewhere.

Videos Direct to You in Waymouth St (down at the West Tce end) do sell some old SANFL games, mostly GF's though including as far back as the 60's

Originally posted by Uncle Steve
Not even close. Not even the greatest finals comeback. Greatest comeback would have been Central at Unley, forget the year (70s?), when they came back from 12 goals down to win.

1982 that was Uncle Steve.

Round 8, Friday May 6 1994.

West 15.12 def Port 15.11, think Port lead 9.2-0.1 or something like that at 1/4 time.Port and Sturt played at Port Lincoln the following week.

I have that game, the exact ABC telecast from that night.

I'm after an SANFL video myself: 1999 SANFL v. VFL

I have found it hard to get a hold of, ABC Adelaide and Videos Direct to You don't have it, the only way I have found to get a hold of it was ABC Melbourne and they want $100+ for it.

Originally posted by raboyle
I'm after an SANFL video myself: 1999 SANFL v. VFL

I have found it hard to get a hold of, ABC Adelaide and Videos Direct to You don't have it, the only way I have found to get a hold of it was ABC Melbourne and they want $100+ for it.

I've actually still got that match on video. That's the one which Danny Hulm played in isn't it???

I've got a copy of the 1983 West v Sturt Grand Final on tape, taped directly from the TV, including all the prematch. Absolutely sensational. I'm not sure about copying VHS to VHS but I'm thinking of getting put on DVD. yob, PM me if you are interested.

Originally posted by poptiffscherry
I've actually still got that match on video. That's the one which Danny Hulm played in isn't it???

I think so, along with Rhett Biglands, David Brown, Brian Leys and Julian Wait.

Is it a copy from the ABC or taped off the TV?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by yob
Wanna make some coin and sell me a copy? :)

My memory is shocking, but I swear the score was 60-something to 1 at quarter time.

Watching it now and it was 9.1-0.1 at 1/4 time, they then got another goal within the first minute of the 2nd qtr, the game started at 8.00pm and ABC came on at 8.30pm so the first quarter is missing(apart from highlights).

If you wanna PM me your address or postal address or whatever, I'll copy it for you and I'll put my address in with it and you can just send me the cost of the postage and the tape if you want...probably just $10, will be at least a week or two before I'll be able to get around to it though, damn study.

I remember bits and pieces of that West vs Port game. Wasn't it Monday night football?

In the second quarter someone from Port (maybe Adrian Settre, not sure) kicked it out on the full by about two metres and the goal ump gave it a point. No one thought much of it until the scores got close.

I spent the next week walking around saying 'SIMISTEEEEEEEEEER'. Great commentary.

Also for Glenelg supporters such as myself, if you can get a copy of the game in round 1 1994, do it. Glenelg beat Port by 100 plus points and Scott Hodges broke his ankle. It helps me forget about the grand finals I went to as a kid (well not quite).

For all you knob Port supporters, I know how 1994 ended(I was there) so there is no need to remind me.

Originally posted by Uncle Steve
Not even close. Not even the greatest finals comeback. Greatest comeback would have been Central at Unley, forget the year (70s?), when they came back from 12 goals down to win.

I remember Woodville coming back from 50-odd points down early in the last qtr against Westies at Richmond. 1984 I think. I remember it well because I left the game at that point and when I got home I found out they had won :eek:

I am looking for 1986 season highlights. That was the year Woodville produced their stunning finals assault. I remember they used to make "The way it Was" videos but they stopped at 1985 :(

Also looking for 1988 night final win over Port. Still remember Port fans going for Woodville that night, still jacked off that Ebert was given the arse for John Cahill. (That attitude changed some 6 months later though !!!)

Originally posted by jmakdiddy
Also for Glenelg supporters such as myself, if you can get a copy of the game in round 1 1994, do it. Glenelg beat Port by 100 plus points and Scott Hodges broke his ankle.
It was round 1 1995, and the margin was closer to 90 points.

I ordered my copy from the ABC shop first thing Monday morning following that game. :cool: Gotta love the third quarter, where the Bays hammered 12 goals into the breeze, most coming after the halfway mark of the term...

That Glenelg player was Jarrod Hocking. I'm pretty sure The way it was vids were made up to 1987 too. I saw them advertised in the Footy Times yearbook that year so hopefully some have survived somewhere. Probably going to dig out my tape with the 1994 Magarey medal telecast on it when i head home for the weekend too, complete with the marks of the year!

ps

SIMISTER!!!!!!!!:D :D

Originally posted by bulldog pommy
some port player dislocated his elbow that night as well

David Hutton.

Dont think he played another game.

Originally posted by GrahamH
I remember Woodville coming back from 50-odd points down early in the last qtr against Westies at Richmond. 1984 I think.
Great win, that one. Shocking players like Mark Stanton (who???) and Roger Clift were kicking goals. Clift even kicked a checkside goal on the run. :eek:

Originally posted by McAlmanac
Great win, that one. Shocking players like Mark Stanton (who???) and Roger Clift were kicking goals. Clift even kicked a checkside goal on the run. :eek:

Don't complain too much about Roger Clift, at least you got Andrew Rodgers for him!:eek:

Originally posted by Adrian Shelton
Rogers was ours? i'll never get to sleep tonight now!:mad:

Sorry to break that one to you. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. Rodgers hadn't played any league with us (In fact I don't even think he'd played reserves) and Clift had "potential":rolleyes: . That rates up with there with letting Mark Bickley go to South that one.

Originally posted by Adrian Shelton
I'm pretty sure The way it was vids were made up to 1987 too.

I've got "The way it was '90" at home so I'm not sure about that. Remember being disappointed that there was only footage from Footy Park games on it. Would love to get myself some "pre-Crows" SANFL footage, pretty hard from Sydney though ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back