Save the Date - March 31

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of stating the obvious, there is something massively suss about Jones' sudden passion for Essendon's cause, in a code he couldn't care less about.
I thought him discussing the issue with dam Newman was somewhat more suss.

Worse than rolling out Meatloaf for grand final day.

Didn't anyone notice that the guy refers to himself as 'Meatloaf'. Was this not a sign of impending disaster?

I would be much lees angry if some of you lot attacked this with an unbiased view. And upheld the innocent until proven guilty theroy

This is Australia after all
This isn't a criminal trial, after all. Can't believe after the YEARS we've had to get to grips with this idea, that people still don't realise that the players are not on trial for murder and don't have the same rights as an accused would in those circumstances.

Curious. Is there anyone aside from me who feels sorry at all for the 34? Or even the two C'wood guys?
I feel sorry for them that they were put under pressure to do this in the first place, and that their employer didn't keep proper records and immediately publicly disclose all known information when the issue arose.

he didn't. He just gave his opinion.

I do love that you think it's "problematic" that a father is "associating" with his son though. Er, you might be taking this all a bit too seriously
By extension, a "journalist" is being derided for having access to information not generally available to the public? After Caro/Smith/Barrett have been lauded for providing this throughout? The hyposcrisy is strong with this one.

By extension, a "journalist" is being derided for having access to information not generally available to the public? After Caro/Smith/Barrett have been lauded for providing this throughout? The hyposcrisy is strong with this one.
People need to learn to read.

Father supporting his son and in the process learning confidential information - fine

Independent journo reporting and commenting on a major scandal - fine

Doing both at once - not fine

On the flip-side, they get paid very very well. No sympathy. After all, it's just a temp ban from the sport.
mystifying. You mystify me.

Yeah. Forgot about the pay packet. Stuff em

People need to learn to read.

Father supporting his son and in the process learning confidential information - fine

Independent journo reporting and commenting on a major scandal - fine

Doing both at once - not fine
I don't think independent means what you think it does. It means free from outside control; not subject to another's authority or not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence. It doesn't mean agrees with my opinion.

Not one bit, no sympathy at all. As a professional athlete you should know what goes in and out of your body. You can rely on doctors, coaching staff to a point but at the end of the day you are the one responsible.

They should be banned for trying to achieve an advantage over the rest of the competition. I would be saying this even if Hawthorn players were involved, I detest drug cheats.

Guerra, who suffered the cruel blow of a soft-tissue tear in his club's last home-and-away match but remains hopeful of returning if Hawthorn makes the grand final, told Channel Ten on Thursday night: ''I'm doing everything possible: acupuncture, injections and physio.''

Asked what he had injected into his hamstring the 30-year-old premiership player said: ''I'm not too sure to be honest. I just lay on the table and I say, 'you do what you've got to do and I'll be quite happy to just lay there'.

Nah! In the case of Caro/Smith/Barrett: just good investigative journalism. No need for conspiracy theories.

Not one bit, no sympathy at all. As a professional athlete you should know what goes in and out of your body. You can rely on doctors, coaching staff to a point but at the end of the day you are the one responsible.

They should be banned for trying to achieve an advantage over the rest of the competition. I would be saying this even if Hawthorn players were involved, I detest drug cheats.
Whoa! Xtreme by name ...:)

This isn't a criminal trial, after all. Can't believe after the YEARS we've had to get to grips with this idea, that people still don't realise that the players are not on trial for murder and don't have the same rights as an accused would in those circumstances.
In the presence of an AAF, I agree with you. You're shit outta luck on this case though.

I don't think independent means what you think it does. It means free from outside control; not subject to another's authority or not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence. It doesn't mean agrees with my opinion.
If you can't see the problem with someone obtaining access to a confidential process via a family relationship (which is itself questionable) and then turning around and using the information obtained in that way to push an agenda while masquerading as a journalist, then I can't help you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guerra, who suffered the cruel blow of a soft-tissue tear in his club's last home-and-away match but remains hopeful of returning if Hawthorn makes the grand final, told Channel Ten on Thursday night: ''I'm doing everything possible: acupuncture, injections and physio.''

Asked what he had injected into his hamstring the 30-year-old premiership player said: ''I'm not too sure to be honest. I just lay on the table and I say, 'you do what you've got to do and I'll be quite happy to just lay there'.
And don't forget he's still recovering from that fatal eardrum explosion he got from being lightly tapped by Selwood. Amazing the bloke can play with only half a head, really.

Nah! In the case of Caro/Smith/Barrett: just good investigative journalism. No need for conspiracy theories.
Pfft, no conspiracy theories? There would've been several million hours more productivity in the last 2 years, several million less column inches and several million less whatever the measure of foam is over the last 2 years.

Yes, but then if that player ends up having a substance in his body that is against the rules you take any punishment that is doled out to you by ASADA. The player is abrogating their responsibility and is rolling the dice on any potential consequences that arise out of their actions.

Curious. Is there anyone aside from me who feels sorry at all for the 34? Or even the two C'wood guys?

I haven't formed an opinion on the Collingwood pair yet.

As for the 34, I certainly felt sorry for them 2 years ago along with the entirety of the Essendon supporter group.

But they've had 2 years to realise that James Hird is not the Messiah. He's just a self obsessed, manipulative, campaigner who has held to ransom his club, the AFL, and Australian Football more generally to avoid responsibility for his actions.

The whole #standbyhird stuff makes me, as an old local footballer, as a football supporter, and mostly as a father simply want to vomit. So now, anyone who wants to continue to deflect responsibility away from that deceitful prick is not deserving of my sympathy.

If you can't see the problem with someone obtaining access to a confidential process via a family relationship (which is itself questionable) and then turning around and using the information obtained in that way to push an agenda while masquerading as a journalist, then I can't help you.
Why does the family relationship make it any more questionable than information from anyone else to push an agenda being put forward as opinion/investigative journalism/whatever?

Why does the family relationship make it any more questionable than information from anyone else to push an agenda being put forward as opinion/investigative journalism/whatever?
It doesn't, other than the implication that the "concerned dad" role has been used to get the info in question.

I see where this is going. Timmy is above criticism unless any post attacking him also lists the crimes of every other footy journo ever.

Try reading a bit more carefully there mate.

The issue is that he is trying to be a public commentator but is by definition incapable of doing so impartially in relation to this issue.
By definition a commentator makes comments. Which Tim does, very well.

Any idiot can read out a list of facts, but commentators are paid to pass comment on facts and to present opinions. I suppose any idiot can do this too, but that would be an idiot commentator, rather than an idiot factor/newsreader

By definition a commentator makes comments. Which Tim does, very well.

Any idiot can read out a list of facts, but commentators are paid to pass comment on facts and to present opinions. I suppose any idiot can do this too, but that would be an idiot commentator, rather than an idiot factor/newsreader
BtYIXHsCIAAfqxx.jpg

What does this guy count as?

I would be much lees angry if some of you lot attacked this with an unbiased view. And upheld the innocent until proven guilty theroy

This is Australia after all

What would be even nicer is if some of YOU lot actually took the trouble to acquire even a basic understanding of what the principle of innocent until proven guilty means.

I'll give you a clue. It means something very slightly more than **** all. It does NOT mean that the accused has some magical entitlement to public sympathy and trust, that's for sure.

Ask one of the 25,000 Australians behind bars awaiting trial. I'm sure they will offer you a very different view to the one you've decided to take on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back