News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

CD was on trade radio today saying they won’t sell the farm to get up the draft order. I’m not sure we will.

He also didn’t rule it out. The vibe I got was that he was trying to play it cool. Fapping over Rankine live on air wouldn’t be conducive to us getting a favourable deal here.

240px-Marvin-TV-3.jpg

"Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they choose to ask Tom Rehn for his opinions. I know some of you are interested in this sort of thing - it just makes me feel depressed"

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=284663

Welcome to the club Scott, will be great to have him working in tandem with Ryder after seeing how well he did minimising Gawn/Grundy’s dominance in his games against them this year.

Not having a back up ruck or even playing a ruck was a large reason why the club fell into the massive hole it did, so I’m glad we’ve landed one of the better younger ruck prospects who should be about to hit the peak years of his career.

Being an ex Port boy who we should’ve always drafted to begin with helps but knowing how we develop talls West Coast probably did us a favour.

He just doesn't look right in a Port jumper:think: Anyway good luck to him returning home - no doubt has made the correct decision for himself, and will be beneficial to Port.
Looks better in a Prison Bars jumper than the V jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lycett is the player we should have got twelve months ago. Better late than never.

Now we have to work on our other big deficiencies. I note that Davies has said that Port 'will have to rework the game plan' now that we have two ruckmen. Many of us thought we might have to do that anyway Chris?

Do the Eagles supporters rate Lycett? There doesn't appear to be too much disappointment in the air. I think we need him.

I wouldn't be upset about players leaving if we'd just won the flag either.

Lycett always seemed to be in the best players when playing juniors at Port. He was destined to be an AFL player from the time he was 15. A decade later we finally have our man. People are underplaying the fact that we got him for free. In the last two years we have got in Motlop, Rockliff and Lycett for zip.

Don't you love free agency?

Lycett always seemed to be in the best players when playing juniors at Port. He was destined to be an AFL player from the time he was 15. A decade later we finally have our man. People are underplaying the fact that we got him for free. In the last two years we have got in Motlop, Rockliff and Lycett for zip.

Don't you love free agency?
As long as we get something decent if we lose Wingard to it in 12 months.

Just saw his highlight reel
He can mark!
He can play on and rove!
Can kick!
A good get!
I’ve seen a bit of him playing this year over here and the good thing I like about his ruck work is he gives a good contest and knows how to nullify a good ruckman.
Plus he’s not a bad kick either in field play or for goals.
I know a lot will think we are over paying for him but in today’s football it’s nothing.
Yeah I know try telling that to your average Coles worker.

i mean besides Grundy & Gawn i cant think of another other ruckmen i would want to recruit right at the moment. Lycett is as good as anyone and if i had the choice of paying him less and using a 2nd round pick to get him verses paying him a bit overs with no cost at the draft then i'd choose option 2 everyday of the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back