mickyj

Team Captain
Sep 1, 2004
enemy port territory
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
1/woodwesttorrens/2crows
The Woodville West Torrens Football Club would like to announce the signing of Scott Welsh and the retirement of Peter Fiacchi for 2010.

Scott Welsh – 2 years

Originally from West Adelaide, Scott was drafted to North Melbourne, making his debut with the Kangaroos in 1996. In 2000 he was traded to the Adelaide Crows where he spent 8 seasons, kicking 270 goals in 129 games, before moving to the Western Bulldogs in 2008.

At the end of the 2009 season Scott announced his intention to retire from AFL football and return to South Australia.

Upon the announcement Senior Coach Michael Godden said “We are obviously delighted that Scott has chosen the Eagles as his preferred destination upon his return to the SANFL competition”.

“We are looking forward to Scott’s contribution to the football club both from an on field and off field perspective where we hope he can pass on his considerable AFL experience to our younger players”.

Scott Welsh said “When I decided to retire from AFL football, I knew I wanted to return home and play in the SANFL competition and I am thrilled to be joining the Eagles”.

“There is a buzz around the Club at the moment that has me genuinely enthused about the challenge that lies ahead”.

Peter Fiacchi - retirement

Peter has decided to retire after 133 games with the Club, debuting against Port Adelaide in Round 8 of 2001.

Announcing his intentions to the playing group at the first night of pre-season training last night, Peter said “I have thought long and hard over the last few weeks and have come to the decision that with my work, study and other personal commitments I can no longer squeeze it all in and train to the level that is required to play good SANFL football”.

“It has been an unbelievable journey over the last decade with lots of ups and downs but I have loved every minute of it and I will miss the club, the supporters and especially all the boys deeply”

“It is unfortunate to have to come to this decision this year as I would have loved to have played on with our new coach, Michael Godden, as I feel he is going to be fantastic for the Club and will see plenty of success in years to come”.

I am sure that you’ll all join me in thanking Peter for his contribution to the Eagles and wish him all the best in the future

Regards

Kym Ireland

Football Manager

I was at the eagles first training last night .
Here are a few names of either new players or trying out a
Peter Hoben (basketballer) not sure of spelling
James Stewart (returned)
Lee Allmond (brother of Jared)
Judd Robson
Scott Lewis
Ben English (Whyalla)
Ashley Matz
Nathan Rayner
Then the ones already confirmed – Craig Parry, Ben Greiger & Aaron Day
Chris Chubb will train with us when he returns from Melb.

I was at the eagles first training last night .
Here are a few names of either new players or trying out a
Peter Hoben (basketballer) not sure of spelling
James Stewart (returned)
Lee Allmond (brother of Jared)
Judd Robson
Scott Lewis
Ben English (Whyalla)
Ashley Matz
Nathan Rayner
Then the ones already confirmed – Craig Parry, Ben Greiger & Aaron Day
Chris Chubb will train with us when he returns from Melb.

Son of Lee?

What are people expecting from Welsh goal-wise in 2010? I think if he's used solely as a leading FF, he should be capable of around 70-80 goals, especially if Mark Passador (and possibly Brett Burton, if he's not getting a run for the Crows) is still there to provide a foil/take another good defender. Then again, Welsh has never been the hardest working or most consistent of players, so probably 50-55 goals seems like it might be a more realistic target.

What are people expecting from Welsh goal-wise in 2010? I think if he's used solely as a leading FF, he should be capable of around 70-80 goals, especially if Mark Passador (and possibly Brett Burton, if he's not getting a run for the Crows) is still there to provide a foil/take another good defender. Then again, Welsh has never been the hardest working or most consistent of players, so probably 50-55 goals seems like it might be a more realistic target.

Passador , Macgregor,Westbrook have all retired so lots of room up forward.
With Burton, Hentschell , Schultz, Salter,all afl listed I hope they all aren't playing in the afl in the same week .
Mind u there was a very tall basketballer training with the eagles another tippet perhaps !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back