Recommitted Sean Darcy [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will match no doubt about it
He's contracted till the end of 2024. He'll have extended his contract at Freo before they even get a chance to offer it.

I highly doubt Geelong are offering him 1m a year if the reports of their cap structure are true. I wouldn't be trusting anything written in the West.

I was informed the other day Geelong are out of the running for Darcy, which is why they are now keen on TDK.
Our focus has always been TDK not Darcy.

Geelong being linked with a player from the region is just normal journalistic click bait. I'm sure we've asked the question but there are probably 20 players we've asked the question about and almost all won't come.

Geelong supposedly have offered 5 years at 5 mill.

View attachment 1707927

They run this story every year (usually Sumich or Duffield), and every year its BS.

Darcy will pen a long term extension - no doubt about that -, but it doesn't quite have the same clickbait ring to it, if those dastardly east coast clubs aren't getting rejected in the process, does it?

Can't wait for him and Parish to re-sign, so we can stop having half ass 'journos' who have a quota and just publish BS constantly to hit them - all because they go 'oh Geelong like Falcons, yep they're interested...I just know it.'

Ugh.

That's strange, cause Darcy is clearly the better player.

Yes, but we've never been a realistic shot, as he's never indicated he wants to leave.

TDK at least looks like he has a decision to make on where he goes. Darcy has never even been in the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They run this story every year (usually Sumich), and every year its BS.

Darcy will pen a long term extension - no doubt about that -, but it doesn't quite have the same clickbait ring to it, if those dastardly east coast clubs aren't getting rejected in the process, does it?

Can't wait for him and Parish to re-sign, so we can stop having half ass 'journos' who have a quota and just publish BS constantly to hit them - all because they go 'oh Geelong like Falcons, yep they're interested...I just know it.'

Ugh.
Honestly, I give Quartermain a little more credit because he doesnt have a history of blatantly making stuff up like Sumich (yet) but yes, this is all a non-event and everyone knows he's staying and staying on less than a mill a year. Easy way to meet a clicks quota for Quartermain though.

Needed a thread for Darcy though before the TDK thread became all about Darcy instead

All based off a West article. 🤡s
Lies No GIF

Geelong being linked with a player from the region is just normal journalistic click bait. I'm sure we've asked the question but there are probably 20 players we've asked the question about and almost all won't come.
Geelong just got caught in the crossfire this time, it's really just the West trying to undermine Freo as usual.

Depends what you view Jackson as I suppose. 800k on a ruck and 800k on a 198cm labrador puppy is good list management

In years to come (2 or 3 years from now) Jackson's contraxt is going to look like a bargain for Freo (especially after the next Collective Bargaining Agreement)

Geelong just got caught in the crossfire this time, it's really just the West trying to undermine Freo as usual.
Geelong get named in this sort of stuff all the time. Any journalist or manager looking to drum up a story puts Geelong's name out there given our trade and free agency history.

And it's true to the extent that I'm sure we phoned up his manager and gave an indication of the sort of contract that would be available if he was keen. But surely 17 clubs have done that. He's a gun young ruck who will be a free agent next year.

But "Club puts feelers out to manager of gun young ruck" isn't sensational enough for a story so they have to add some mayo.

Darcy be a great fit but not at that price.
Already has a suspect knee concern and with a massive frame, too much of a gamble at that kind of money.

Tom De Koning could be a better version of Rhys Stanley and if Collingwood were to win this years flag, it proves you do not necessarily need elite rucks in order to win.

I thought Cats don't offer that sort of money for players? :think:

Or is that only the excuse when they get knocked back by their target who chooses to go elsewhere...
We've got the same salary cap as everyone else. And as a proportion of the cap that contract would be less than Cameron or Dangerfield received. Seems not too crazy for one of the best young rucks in the game.

Or are you just saying Geelong should've offered massive overs for Hopper like Richmond did? How's that working out for you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back