GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Did hear centrals have had a big pre, who is looking good, the recruits leading the way? Looking fwd to seeing centrals and hill round 1, will be a good one to start off the season. Do agree could be four or five contenders this year if players stay on the park, good to here Thomson will be up again

Wow there is alot of clearences coming in at centrals. Where are they going to fit everyone? We will find out how good centrals will be after rd 3.
I think Banno will be the big improver. i think they will be pushing to get back into the top 5.

Couldn't be good for a club to have so many clearances coming in. Leaves the club in a dangerous position if the coach proves no good, then all the players ship off.

Couldn't be good for a club to have so many clearances coming in. Leaves the club in a dangerous position if the coach proves no good, then all the players ship off.

all the clearences arnt for seniors some for colts aswell, we had a few retirments from the club and have filled those positions so i can tell u from a playing perspective it is a great thing for my club. i have never seen som many players on the track we had over 50 there last night

Did hear centrals have had a big pre, who is looking good, the recruits leading the way? Looking fwd to seeing centrals and hill round 1, will be a good one to start off the season. Do agree could be four or five contenders this year if players stay on the park, good to here Thomson will be up again

yeah has been big pre season happy to get through it with prac's in site. most of the recruits have been very good but think some of our players from last yr have stepped up aswell, got some talented kids come up from 18's so will b a really good mix. as a group we are fitter and more skilfull than last year we needed to be to compete with east and bph and even Inver in the finals. massive first 3 weeks for us to kick start the season.

has been a big pre season at Centrals, really looking forward to see if we can be competitive with a GFL club next week.

have heard Thompson have spent big $$$, could be the real deal this year.

East have lost some very handy players

BPH kept everyone, though have not added to their list

Inver look to have lost some of thie kids to VFL and GFL

Could be a very even comp this year

Who have East lost? Murph is going around again.

yeah has been big pre season happy to get through it with prac's in site. most of the recruits have been very good but think some of our players from last yr have stepped up aswell, got some talented kids come up from 18's so will b a really good mix.[/U] as a group we are fitter and more skilfull than last year we needed to be to compete with east and bph and even Inver in the finals. massive first 3 weeks for us to kick start the season.

With the influx of recruits, and I assume we are recruiting Senior players, then these kids can feel hard done by. It happened a few years ago at Centrals. Good young team, then 6-8 older recruits come in, kids go elsewhere. Wyndhamvale could not be more thankful. Finally playing finals thanks to the Centrals recruitment policy?

Am I far off the mark?

Very far off the mark!! The key to a good succesful side is a mix of young and old! Centrals have recruited a mix of old and young players to play alongside the likes of smith,cornish,quarrier,aldo,shaun maguinnes! Centrals are still a quiet young side yes they were made to look slow and old on st.albans ground but from what i have seen the old and the young guys are working there backsides off!!
And the only players that would play ones at centrals these days are nathan reshki and devon ellis so whyndamvale in div 2 wrfl can be happy as larry about young blokes who didnt have the ticker to stick around and fight for a spot! All sides lose good young players so to keep potting centrals who have played finals the last 4 years is pretty far off the mark to me! Sides like inverleigh kept young players and now the there two best young players have uped and left! Players moving on is part of football.

Very far off the mark!! The key to a good succesful side is a mix of young and old! Centrals have recruited a mix of old and young players to play alongside the likes of smith,cornish,quarrier,aldo,shaun maguinnes! Centrals are still a quiet young side yes they were made to look slow and old on st.albans ground but from what i have seen the old and the young guys are working there backsides off!!
And the only players that would play ones at centrals these days are nathan reshki and devon ellis so whyndamvale in div 2 wrfl can be happy as larry about young blokes who didnt have the ticker to stick around and fight for a spot! All sides lose good young players so to keep potting centrals who have played finals the last 4 years is pretty far off the mark to me! Sides like inverleigh kept young players and now the there two best young players have uped and left! Players moving on is part of football.

wahwah this is a change, yu r normally on here giving it to Centrals. have to say though you r rite with your coments. a few of the fringe players left 2 yrs back as they were not willing to give it a real crack and wanted the easy option of playing in div2. Dev Ellis is a loss for sure, tho he was no world beater and back pocket/half back players can be replaced quite easily. the guys that had the option of Whyndamvale decided against playing below par standard of football and have worked really hard over preseason to play seniors.
wahwah - u must be a player at centrals to know smith,cornish,quarrier,aldo,shaun maguinnes are travelling real well:confused:

With the influx of recruits, and I assume we are recruiting Senior players, then these kids can feel hard done by. It happened a few years ago at Centrals. Good young team, then 6-8 older recruits come in, kids go elsewhere. Wyndhamvale could not be more thankful. Finally playing finals thanks to the Centrals recruitment policy?

Am I far off the mark?

way off the mark, yuo forgot to mention weve had retirements.....kitch, hards, calbert, bourky, monty, kurta, camma, 7 players. so recruiting was a must to replace these players. we have some real good young players coming through and our 18's have been getting massive no's to training so mite have to make 2 teams. This must b good for the future.....you asked are u far off the mark? YES:thumbsdown:

wahwah this is a change, yu r normally on here giving it to Centrals. have to say though you r rite with your coments. a few of the fringe players left 2 yrs back as they were not willing to give it a real crack and wanted the easy option of playing in div2. Dev Ellis is a loss for sure, tho he was no world beater and back pocket/half back players can be replaced quite easily. the guys that had the option of Whyndamvale decided against playing below par standard of football and have worked really hard over preseason to play seniors.
wahwah - u must be a player at centrals to know smith,cornish,quarrier,aldo,shaun maguinnes are travelling real well:confused:

Not a player im good mates with smith,cornish and know afew of the other boys aswell.. And the vibe that i get from alot of them are there looking forward to a big year!! With all the new boys coming down afew spots up for grabs which is making everyone work harder! After watching acouple training sessions and talking to the blokes centrals are going to be a very tall team, definatly going to be an interesting year

G'day,
I'll be disagreeing with you Helmet. Dev Ellis was not just a senior player. The kid was and will be a gun. He is 21 at best??? I understand he is from the Falcons originally and with his mates going back the club can't compete with that. I'd also suggest watching a modern game of Aussie rules. We have come a long way from BP & HBF'ers being positions to hide your duds. Attacking positions that are as important as on ball with the right structures and plans.
D.Cachia can be added to N.Reschke as future senior players that have crossed over. IMO Cach was raw to footy. Burst onto the scene. Started getting worked out by opposition and was possibly let down by a coaching staff not into working one out with individual faults. Just my opinion from the outside.
I'm not saying Centrals have poor coaches though. 4 years as a top 5 side and 3 of those as genuine contenders. So big pats on the back to Leatchy for that.
From what I read that trend will continue and hopefully bring back a green and gold flag.

G'day,
I'll be disagreeing with you Helmet. Dev Ellis was not just a senior player. The kid was and will be a gun. He is 21 at best??? I understand he is from the Falcons originally and with his mates going back the club can't compete with that. I'd also suggest watching a modern game of Aussie rules. We have come a long way from BP & HBF'ers being positions to hide your duds. Attacking positions that are as important as on ball with the right structures and plans.
D.Cachia can be added to N.Reschke as future senior players that have crossed over. IMO Cach was raw to footy. Burst onto the scene. Started getting worked out by opposition and was possibly let down by a coaching staff not into working one out with individual faults. Just my opinion from the outside.
I'm not saying Centrals have poor coaches though. 4 years as a top 5 side and 3 of those as genuine contenders. So big pats on the back to Leatchy for that.
From what I read that trend will continue and hopefully bring back a green and gold flag.

I disagree aswell dev ellis is a freak and will rip div 2 wrfl apart!! Watched alot of him last year and he was IMO the best backman at centrals always reliable and never lost one on ones... Dean cachia is a solid player but too lazy and took the easy option, just have to ask around to find out he believes he doesnt have to run and do the hard yard at training because he is a "full forward" all the same player come and go and whether its $$$ or searching success!! Goodluck to blokes if they do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day,

What about Molivas? He and a few others left after ur first influx of mature age recruits.

What about Molivas? He and a few others left after ur first influx of mature age recruits.

Molivas IMO would be a fringe player.. Doesnt get the hard ball... An lost interest in football, plays average football in a average league now, has really taken a step back in football. Has speed but that is all that he has. He would have only been a fringe player at centrals for the last 2 years. This day and age you have got to be able to win a contest molivas couldnt do that and simply sits outside packs

Molivas IMO would be a fringe player.. Doesnt get the hard ball... An lost interest in football, plays average football in a average league now, has really taken a step back in football. Has speed but that is all that he has. He would have only been a fringe player at centrals for the last 2 years. This day and age you have got to be able to win a contest molivas couldnt do that and simply sits outside packs

Did molly win a bnf at centrals?

Did molly win a bnf at centrals?

Yep won a senior bnf.. A show of the times and how the club has rebuilt i suppose.. I sound silly saying these things but feel free to watch him playing down at whyndamvale and im sure others can agree with me. The likes of david todara(aldo), ryan quarrier quickly took his spot.

Yep won a senior bnf.. A show of the times and how the club has rebuilt i suppose.. I sound silly saying these things but feel free to watch him playing down at whyndamvale and im sure others can agree with me. The likes of david todara(aldo), ryan quarrier quickly took his spot.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but it's good conversation not an arguement but I disagree again. Molly is a very good footballer. Not a great trainer but a very good run and carry goalkicking type. Clubs don't hand b&f's out to duds. He beat some quality players to it that year regardless of how the club went.
I'll cop Aldo. He's a gun but Quarrier? Not sure about that.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but it's good conversation not an arguement but I disagree again. Molly is a very good footballer. Not a great trainer but a very good run and carry goalkicking type. Clubs don't hand b&f's out to duds. He beat some quality players to it that year regardless of how the club went.
I'll cop Aldo. He's a gun but Quarrier? Not sure about that.

Quarrier works harder! And the last thing you want is a young bloke with no work ethic who thinks he is bigger then the team. Your correct in saying bnfs dont get handed out, but players grow and become better molly was at the peak of his powers then.. He has taken a massive downhill slide and went to a worse league to get his ego boost. I for one would rather alot of the other younger guys that played in the same football team as molly! Each to there own though, and this is a great debate i enjoy hearing all oppions

Molly is ahead of Quarrier at this stage. Could the "Q stick" overtake Molly. Yep he may. I think Q is a terrific fella and a hard worker. I just think your righting Molly off in saying he was easily replaced. Regardless of the standard or league centrals youth are running to, they will all be great senior players with natural improvement through age. We are talking about kids here.
WahWah- how are the new recruits going. Who are stand out and which players from previous years look set for a big season?

Molly is ahead of Quarrier at this stage. Could the "Q stick" overtake Molly. Yep he may. I think Q is a terrific fella and a hard worker. I just think your righting Molly off in saying he was easily replaced. Regardless of the standard or league centrals youth are running to, they will all be great senior players with natural improvement through age. We are talking about kids here.
WahWah- how are the new recruits going. Who are stand out and which players from previous years look set for a big season?

I havent watched every session and can only go off what mates have told me but skills are the silkiest iv seen down at centrals, new boys have fit in well and showed a different level of proffesionalism.
Ryan cornish is the fittest bloke at the club, worked his ass off and is flying, afew young blokes like carl who played acouple of twos games last year looks promising.. David todaro and ryan quarrier just have to get there bodies right. Smith wasnt seen until after the new year looks fitter. The overall fitness has increased really blokes like chugg, simmons all are fit and firing. Clearly replacing guys liek calbert,bourke,hardingham,kitchen,devon,montgomery is a hard effort but the influx of young recruits and the progression of cornish,smith and the like means centrals are in for a big year

Belmont seem to be re-assembling a fair portion of their 2007 premiership side. We are 5 years older, is the club heading in the right direction?

Belmont seem to be re-assembling a fair portion of their 2007 premiership side. We are 5 years older, is the club heading in the right direction?

I did see that tate, bogan, pickett and canavan have gone back. They jumped ship with everybody else at a time when belmont could have folded. They win a few games last year and then they head back. I dont no if they are heading in the direction? Last year they had a easy draw this year its a tuff draw only time will tell

I havent watched every session and can only go off what mates have told me but skills are the silkiest iv seen down at centrals, new boys have fit in well and showed a different level of proffesionalism.

praccy v north shore on Saturday? is it at Galvin Park? i think any top 5 team worth their salt will be there watching.....
be interesting to see if all Bombers cards get shown this early to get a win against a GFL team, or if he keeps some secrets and potentially risk the recruits cohesion into the squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back