GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly would have. Couldn't quite believe the margin when I was told on the Sunday. I wouldn't write the Centurions off just yet.

According to one of their key players this is the apparently the best team Werribee have assembled ever. That's a pretty big wrap so it will be interesting to see how they respond.

It's fair to say belting up on the middle of the table and bottom teams wont cut it; they'll look forward to meeting BPH and East again later in the year.

Im not either, still my dark horse for the flag.

interesting to see thats Sportsbet still have North at $12 considering who they have won against the past two rounds..

Inver out to ridiculous odds...

Certainly would have. Couldn't quite believe the margin when I was told on the Sunday. I wouldn't write the Centurions off just yet.

According to one of their key players this is the apparently the best team Werribee have assembled ever. That's a pretty big wrap so it will be interesting to see how they respond.

It's fair to say belting up on the middle of the table and bottom teams wont cut it; they'll look forward to meeting BPH and East again later in the year.

How does this happen? For a team coming off the wraps they talked up through preseason coming off a opening week loss. How can you lose by 100 points ..

Big game now against fellow 0-2 inverleigh , loser in big trouble. Thomson and bph going to be a cracker, Teams look like they may have closed the gap with bph. Can't pick between both games where as the other games would assume straight forward.

How does this happen? For a team coming off the wraps they talked up through preseason coming off a opening week loss. How can you lose by 100 points ..

Big game now against fellow 0-2 inverleigh , loser in big trouble. Thomson and bph going to be a cracker, Teams look like they may have closed the gap with bph. Can't pick between both games where as the other games would assume straight forward.

i still wouldnt read too much into what goes on this weekend... BPH perrenial slow starters and the game being at thompson with a few key ommisions, will be only the third competitive hit out for us this year, some tired bodies at training last night.

W.C. have multiple injury concerns to new recruits, i would expect them to come home strongly in the second half of the year, but Inver will get there first W this weekend.

Strong VCFL club close to northern/western suburbs of Melbourne would like to hear from any interested players that would be keen to discuss the possibility of joining us in 2012. We are specifically looking for a key defender and Ruckman. if interested please PM.

Try Tom Perry at Belmont - that would make it four clubs in his last six games. Goes where the money is.

4 clubs name them? There are 3, Barwon Heads, Bungaree and Belmont Lions. You should get your facts straight in regards to goes where the money is. The reason he left Bungaree is because he got a new job and is on call and needs to stay in Geelong, not for any other reason. He left Heads to Bungaree to play with mates not cash.

4 clubs name them? There are 3, Barwon Heads, Bungaree and Belmont Lions. You should get your facts straight in regards to goes where the money is. The reason he left Bungaree is because he got a new job and is on call and needs to stay in Geelong, not for any other reason. He left Heads to Bungaree to play with mates not cash.
If you could read it says "that *would* make it 4 clubs" meaning if he went there it would be the 4th club in 6 games. Believe what you like about cash - just not what I heard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whos playing this weekend and whats the tips?

So so round, games mainly went to script apart from maybe the bannockburn anakie game. Competition seems to be a bit more even this year. Question, who were the key outs regarding bell post hill east geelong game? Must be quite a while since east have beaten bph. Thomson east geelong will be a belter

So so round, games mainly went to script apart from maybe the bannockburn anakie game. Competition seems to be a bit more even this year. Question, who were the key outs regarding bell post hill east geelong game? Must be quite a while since east have beaten bph. Thomson east geelong will be a belter

BPH had Martin, Addie and D popovski out.

Murphy and Challis were awesome for East, will be the key to their success i reckon.

BPH had Martin, Addie and D popovski out.

Murphy and Challis were awesome for East, will be the key to their success i reckon.

So Murphy got the better of Overall on the weekend? He struggled against him last year from what I can recall.

So Murphy got the better of Overall on the weekend? He struggled against him last year from what I can recall.

Sorry, Stevie O missed as well.
even so, the delivery to Murphy was the best in all the games we have played against him, i dont think Stevie would have had a big effect on Murphys output, but would have helped release Fursland up the ground.

Sorry, Stevie O missed as well.
even so, the delivery to Murphy was the best in all the games we have played against him, i dont think Stevie would have had a big effect on Murphys output, but would have helped release Fursland up the ground.

Fursland you would think be a strength miss match but bph have always had a stout defense that help eachother out. With your past two games against Thomson and east bizza what do you think about Thomson facing east this week?

Fursland you would think be a strength miss match but bph have always had a stout defense that help eachother out. With your past two games against Thomson and east bizza what do you think about Thomson facing east this week?

Fursland going back meant we lost a hit up target accross half forward, but we needed someone to counter murphys speed on the lead.

Suprised with the east/Thommo result, esp. at Richmond cres. not taking anything away from Thommo, but i thought when we had momentum against thommo we could play our game style freely, where as East pressured us regardless of who was in control. that said, we had momentum against thomson for about 20 minutes, which is clearly not enough to win a game of footy.

Thomson are the real deal. gonna be tough to knock them out of top spot from here on.

Bizza, What can you tell us about Witney, Slee and Talarico and will any of them play 1's this year?

"Slee" would be Mitch Sleeman, our waterboy last year. played 4 -5 2's games and thats about it.

Ash Witney played for the club a few years back and has returned after living in QLD. would think there is a few players in line before him.

Sam Talarico was a premiership captain at Bell Park....say no more.

Thanks Bizza, Apparently the guy is Peter Slee from SA Amateur league, thought you may have some inside knowledge? Will Barton play agian this year for the Panthers?

Anyone know whether Jovanovic will play this year or has he genuinely retired? Heard he may play later in the year?

Jovanavic is done. helping out the Forward line back at Ocean Grove where he played juniors.

Tim Barton on track to return in a month or so. has been training fully and has the all clear from the docs, so Grg will just ease him in to footy.

Peter Slee, sorry, young kid who has trained a few nights.

Heading into the week off what are people surprised about mostly? Thomsons unbeaten start? East Geelong sitting at 3-3? Inverleigh had a shocking start and Bph there again but how about north Geelong and anakie. Anything different there than previous years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back