Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

So other than Leslie who else is still going to be playing at nth this year
Well, Rudy Yonson is looking the fittest I have seen for years, so he may be a chance, and it will be 30 years this season since North's last player payment/money crisis. Fairytale endine to that season with a premiership for the club and Morris medal for Rudy, what are the odds, yeah, .......none at all. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Ash eames reportedly going to don the red black white and teal. If they weren't a genuine chance before they definitely are now.
He'd be ready for the old age home by now wouldn't he? Looks like that sports club across the road from the Panther Dome is finally making some $$$, didn't know Sportee's nightclub had reopened:D:D:D

So it's ok for nth Albury to get prior out of his last contract, but not alright if other clubs want their players when in contract! Double standards

So it's ok for nth Albury to get prior out of his last contract, but not alright if other clubs want their players when in contract! Double standards
Prior was moving across the country home Not Over The Hill To One Of Your Arch Rivals. I can see where ur coming from and you point is valid. north paid to get him back. I have no doubt north will clear him if they are compensated correctly. I have no issues with them doing that there well within there rights. They have to do what any other club would do, stand up and not be pushed around by rival clubs. It's weak if they just cleared him

I heard Ash Eames may have gone cold on the panthers, I can understand the hoppers not clearing prior, but I think its disappointing they wont clear Mcdonald

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Do you blokes really think that Nth are the only ones who haven't paid all their players yet PLEASE have a re think there would quite a few more O/M clubs who would still be paying

I replied earlier that you were wrong with this. But I see on the border mail website, there's a comment on the story about Wang signing Beau wheeler saying "Good pick up, but it's a pity they have not paid any of their reserves players from 2013"

Scary to think, but perhaps you're right.

I would've thought most clubs would have paid players before Christmas at the latest and would now be doing their best to raise funds to pay this years bills.

I replied earlier that you were wrong with this. But I see on the border mail website, there's a comment on the story about Wang signing Beau wheeler saying "Good pick up, but it's a pity they have not paid any of their reserves players from 2013"

I would've thought most clubs would have paid players before Christmas at the latest and would now be doing their best to raise funds to pay this years bills.
Afraid to say unless you are right in the know people are only guessing as to what goes on with football boards

Afraid to say unless you are right in the know people are only guessing as to what goes on with football boards

It is amazing how much absolute rubbish gets posted here re: Wangaratta and reserve player payments. Head 16 you should know better than to buy into that rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is amazing how much absolute rubbish gets posted here re: Wangaratta and reserve player payments. Head 16 you should know better than to buy into that rubbish.

I'm not buying into anything you clown, simply sharing a comment made by "Jim" on the border mail site. I'm also telling old mate meat inspector he could be more right than I first thought.

If you're so upset by all the rubbish on here, why have you got an account?

I'm not buying into anything you clown, simply sharing a comment made by "Jim" on the border mail site. I'm also telling old mate meat inspector he could be more right than I first thought.

If you're so upset by all the rubbish on here, why have you got an account?

to make sure that when absolute rubbish is written it can be at least corrected. keep sharing uniformed opinions, i am sure that really helps and benefits clubs and footy in general.

to make sure that when absolute rubbish is written it can be at least corrected. keep sharing uniformed opinions, i am sure that really helps and benefits clubs and footy in general.

The "uniformed" opinion wasn't mine, it was Jim's!!!

I don't have a clue if Maggie's 2's players have been paid, nor do I give a sh!t. Go back and read a few pages to see if you can figure it all out.

Can I point out that 90% of what is written on this forum is rumour, half truths, uninformed and sometimes well informed opinions.

If you're after groundbreaking, honest and factual news, you've come to the wrong place.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Nth Albury players have been paid? 2 weeks well and truly past. Imagine they would have been seeing as though there has been nothing to the contrary.

Does anyone know if Nth Albury players have been paid? 2 weeks well and truly past. Imagine they would have been seeing as though there has been nothing to the contrary.
If they have been paid does this now mean that Panthers and Jindera will have too pay out 2014 contracts if they wish to get release.If so it could get quite expensive for these two clubs.

If they have been paid does this now mean that Panthers and Jindera will have too pay out 2014 contracts if they wish to get release.If so it could get quite expensive for these two clubs.
I have never understood that "theory". In this example North Albury are saving this amount of money- they haven't spent it- so why would any club have to pay out a player's contract? Maybe some reimbursement perhaps- but why would a club demand to be paid what they will save?

I have never understood that "theory". In this example North Albury are saving this amount of money- they haven't spent it- so why would any club have to pay out a player's contract? Maybe some reimbursement perhaps- but why would a club demand to be paid what they will save?
Ask Prior and the Perth club he played with i am pretty sure it was around $12,000 from someone at the Hoppers

If they have been paid does this now mean that Panthers and Jindera will have too pay out 2014 contracts if they wish to get release.If so it could get quite expensive for these two
Ask Prior and the Perth club he played with i am pretty sure it was around $12,000 from someone at the Hoppers.

might need to take some of your own advice their Meat inspector

I will answer my own question. Have it on extremely good authority many North players haven't been paid, Matt McDonald included. How can they refuse his clearance then, after publicly stating all players will be paid within the fortnight? Surely it is an automatic clearance. Secondly does anyone else find this news startling? Where to for North, when they announce a debt, and their "white knight" hasn't followed through.

I will answer my own question. Have it on extremely good authority many North players haven't been paid, Matt McDonald included. How can they refuse his clearance then, after publicly stating all players will be paid within the fortnight? Surely it is an automatic clearance. Secondly does anyone else find this news startling? Where to for North, when they announce a debt, and their "white knight" hasn't followed through.

The ar$e end of the ladder for many, many years.

Nth have no leg to stand on in regards to not clearing McDonald & Prior. Both contracts had a pay date for 2013 season, both players weren't paid by the date, "contract" for 2014 season ceases to exist or is open to renegotiation...both players have chosen to move on.
Answer me this, McDonald & Prior sign a contract to play the 2013 season, if they don't rock up to play a single game does the club still pay them ? No.
If the club doesn't pay them after they fulfilled their obligations (train & play) are they required to go around again in 2014 ? No.

Move them on Nth Albury and put this matter to bed, stop embarrassing the good people involved in your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back