Toast Seb Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I feel this thread could;ve been written about any of the following, Dmac,Crouch Wood, Ryder, Doug, etc etc.

However, the rise from the ashes of Seb is not getting the attention I think it warrants, espescially across the wider footy world. Many of us have seen him just go to career best form after seemingly looking like he was a liability last year and prior. His decision making under pressure and run has just gone to a super level. There's none of the frustration on the mark that he has shown previously. His running efforts have multiple times shown saved us and lifted us in games.

I am so happy for Seb as many had written him off. He has done somthing that not many players can do, which is improve again after seemingly peaking then regressing. I feel safe with his decision making and excecution atm. There is no doubt in my mind that a key reason for Gresh and Crouch's success this year is largely due to Seb's efforts.

I just love evrything about his game atm and I hope he can continue as he is a real weapon for us atm.

Loving the way he is bursting from stoppages at the moment and then looking for the hit-up a player with a short kick. That really plays to his strengths.

Still has the occasional brain fart, particularly the hospital handballs that put teammates under pressure.

His kicking has improved immensely though which has resulted in him being one of our better players in many games.

Being a Saints supporter I've always had a soft spot for the underdogs and it's been great to see Seb lift his game so much this season, higher than any of the expectations even his greatest defenders had of him. In his current form and team oriented mindset you could easily see him be the difference in the grand final with one or two big effort based moments like his holding the ball tackle on Bont in our final in 2020.

I think it's getting missed in the wider footy world because, while his stats are up on the last two years, they aren't outrageously improved. But what has improved with Seb beyond sight is his decision making and his impact per posession, this which you see from watching him play. He has had a really good year, possibly even better than when he was getting 30 touches a game.

He has not been my favorite player for a number of years - mostly based on how he disposes of/delivers the ball

Very happy to give him a toast this year

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Remove this Banner Ad

Back