SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from aflvic (it is referring to metropolitan leagues).......

"Cash or non-cash payments and benefits given or applied to a Player in connection with their travel or accommodation costs associated with a Player’s past, present or future services with a Club as a football player shall be treated as a Player Payment, and therefore are included in the calculation of the Club’s Player Payment ......."

However if the club hires a bus to take the players to a game then it isn't considered a player payment.
So maybe the rumour about the club buying their own plane to bring in their players is not as far fetched as it would seem

Buying a plane to fly recruits in from Darwin would be considered differently than the hire of a bus to take a team to a long distance away game in my view

Doesn't matter where the players were flown in from, on the day they were taken aback by a side as committed over the football as they were.... And I don't think they expected that. The Kangas changed their plan at half time, tried to put the locks (and elbows) into the Swallows but it was too late. Great win by Irymple and we'll see if Ouyen come back next year...

Anyone got any info on Shaun Johns? Last Played at Sth Mildura in 2012 I think. He is working up my clubs way in Victoria.
After some info on him ie position size skill
Age where he has played since leaving Souths.
Cheers

Some pretty big recruits to Red Cliffs for 2018, Fenton and Warmington are jets, expect them to play finals again next season. I know they wouldn't have come cheap either....

Since the end of the season every club has managed to get some sort of story in the Sunny Daily except Irymple, no news on coaches ( are the same blokes going around again)recruits (do the need any). There forwards were off a lot of times ( 9.15 in the big dance they could of had it wrapped up very early)

I know they like to promote their kids and they do that well, but wouldn’t a reliable forward be be handy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the end of the season every club has managed to get some sort of story in the Sunny Daily except Irymple, no news on coaches ( are the same blokes going around again)recruits (do the need any). There forwards were off a lot of times ( 9.15 in the big dance they could of had it wrapped up very early)

I know they like to promote their kids and they do that well, but wouldn’t a reliable forward be be handy?
In terms of coaching i believe irymple have re appointed both todd an will, also heard they have signed Andy Lovett.

Merbein are getting a flogging in the clearance department. About 30 out and a dozen in.
Are numbers going to be a problem at other clubs?

Will Ouyen have a Darwin contingent coming down again this year? If the kangas are going with the same blokes as last year, they have been in good form in the NTFL this summer. Will farrer has won the goal kicking again and his brother polled 6-7 votes in the league medal. Ogden also polled 9, while he and Staunton have kicked a couple of classy goals in the finals series. We know the signing of big Jamar will be huge, he’s playing up north with the crocs also. Southern districts are thru to the grand final this weekend.

Will Ouyen have a Darwin contingent coming down again this year? If the kangas are going with the same blokes as last year, they have been in good form in the NTFL this summer. Will farrer has won the goal kicking again and his brother polled 6-7 votes in the league medal. Ogden also polled 9, while he and Staunton have kicked a couple of classy goals in the finals series. We know the signing of big Jamar will be huge, he’s playing up north with the crocs also. Southern districts are thru to the grand final this weekend.

Mark Jamar?

I guess there is nothing the league can do about it but Merbein clearances out is close to 40 and the season is still a few weeks away.
Just who they all I don’t know but 40 out of a club has got to cause problems.

I guess there is nothing the league can do about it but Merbein clearances out is close to 40 and the season is still a few weeks away.
Just who they all I don’t know but 40 out of a club has got to cause problems.
Looking at merbeins sides for today it appears that they had no trouble selecting a ressies side. That’s more than can be said for a few other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back