Rumour Simon Black

Do we want him or are we going to pass like we did back in the 97 draft?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we get him, if we signed Simpson it means we're obviously going in a new direction. Would be an awesome midfield coach.

Thoughts??

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/simon-black-the-target-of-afl-clubs/story-fni5faul-1226742370133?from=herald sun_rss
Less a rumor and more a hope.

I would love Black, but could we prise him away from his mates, Queensland business interests and inevitable offer from the Lions?

Oh well, I desperately hope we make him an offer too good to refuse. He would fit with the new direction we seem to be taking with coaching appointments.

EDIT: well rumor busted. Seems he was on SEN today and stated that he is going to be an assistant with Brisbane for at least 12 months. Brisbane is a known environment and his wife is pregnant, though in the near future he may consider a move to broaden his coaching experience.

it does raise the issue of luring staff and players west - it is a bigger issue than those living over the rabbit proof fence think.

Think isolation, wife, family, wider involvement in AFL community, relentless travel in season

it does raise the issue of luring staff and players west - it is a bigger issue than those living over the rabbit proof fence think.

Think isolation, wife, family, wider involvement in AFL community, relentless travel in season
I'm not sure it's a massive issue with coaching staff.. Simmo.. Rawlings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back