Simple Minds

Remove this Banner Ad

Undeniably.

New Gold Dream is one of the finest pop albums ever. Words like mystical,sublime,shimmering & magical come to mind when speaking of this masterpiece.

Sparkle In The Rain was brilliant as well. But they went downhill with the ok but rather ordinary Don't You Forget About Me.

Undeniably.

New Gold Dream is one of the finest pop albums ever. Words like mystical,sublime,shimmering & magical come to mind when speaking of this masterpiece.

Sparkle In The Rain was brilliant as well. But they went downhill with the ok but rather ordinary Don't You Forget About Me.
promised you a miracle is in F, which makes it a pain in the ass to play on bass, pity cos its a killer bassline.

I have the greatest hits cd and love the way it starts with Waterfront. The beginning of that song is only rivalled by Leave them all behind (Ride) as an absolutley, sensationally uplifting intro to a song.

Not really a fan of Jim Kerr as a bloke but love Simple Minds, pure pop but they did it so well.

• Banned
I think for mine the reason they are so great is because their songs were so good to start with that even today they don't sound outdated.

My favourite track is The American.

Followed then by about 20 others top tunes.

Jim Kerr is often overlooked as a decent singer and frontman when discusions come up for those kinds of topics.

Don't You...... Forget About Me.........oh No No No.........don't You........forget About Me

Love It!!!!!!

New album out next month and the first 2 singles are very good.

They have crafted a sound that's as good as any band has.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw them last night and they blew me away.

Their early 80's stuff has aged poorly but it sounds great live and probably was their peak in regards to songwriting but their sound and production did get a lot better from 1985.

Waterfront is a great opener.

Empires and Dance, Sons of Fascination, New Gold Dream, Sparkle in the Rain were the peak years, it was downhill after Don't You (Forget About Me) Once Mick MacNeil left they were lost. Saw some great shows in the 80s in smaller venues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back