Remove this Banner Ad

JohnSavage

Debutant
Mar 26, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Bucks
Got a bit of an issue which has probably been dealt with before but couldnt find anything.

I have been lifting for a several years along with other sports. Have been getting far more serious about it lately and have been trying to build my legs up a bit more. My calves are a little smallish but my main issue is my ankles...

They are tiny. I honestly get quite self concious with it and feel that if I build my legs up much more my calves and ankles will look stupid. Any ideas?

Ankles aren't something you can build up. There is no real muscle around them to build up, only bone.

So don't worry about them being too small, the smaller ankle-calf ratio will give the illusion of bigger calves.

An example, look at this bodybuilder's ankles (there is nothing there):

DSC09315_DROQVOKUUV.jpg

Yep. Four times a day, you want to mix 100g of sugar in a glass of water and scull that down. It's a tough regimen, but hopefully after five or ten years you'll develop diabetes and get some fluid retention to plump those ankles out nicely.

Or you can just accept the fact that nobody on Earth has the faintest interest in your ankles.

Break your ankles, don't do the required physiotherapy for recovery and you will notice they'll be thicker.
If one ankle turns out thicker, re-break the offending skinny one and repeat until desired.

You men have some interesting body issues going on. If it makes you feel better, I've never gone out with mates or have ever made the statement, 'No don't accept his drink. His ankles are too skinny.'

They are tiny. I honestly get quite self concious with it and feel that if I build my legs up much more my calves and ankles will look stupid. Any ideas?

Can't do anything about your ankles obviously, but you can try adding something like this in to your lower leg routine.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/TibialisAnterior/LVSeatedTibiaRaisePL.html

I finish off my leg day with a set of these by holding a dumbell between my feet. Works the Tibialis Anterior which apparently gives your lower legs a fuller look from the front.

You men have some interesting body issues going on. If it makes you feel better, I've never gone out with mates or have ever made the statement, 'No don't accept his drink. His ankles are too skinny.'

You may have a point, but Im pretty sure women are still in front here. The 'explosion' in vaginal cosmetic surgery that Ive heard about would have to be one of the most baffling things I have ever heard.

Those girls mustn't lift..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back