Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fourty Four.

male violence against partners/families is the deadly plague this country (not just this country, obviously) seems incapable of confronting ... even now, after all these years of horrifying headline news stories and blood-chilling statistics ...
it was a shamefully "open" secret 50, 100 years ago ...
it was an acknowledged issue through basic police/legal figures 20, 30 years ago ...
it's been the focus of media and political campaigns, supposed education programs ...
yet still the stories, the victims, the statistics keep coming ...
i'm a 59-year-old white male, lived a generally pretty lucky, arguably even privileged existence in this country ... and i don't get it, i cannot comprehend the hateful seething urge towards violence, that visceral power/possession thing ... geez, i try not to get too emotional over most things but this ... just ...

In news that will surprise absolutely no one - the Wagner boss who tried to stage a coup has died after his plane crashed.

Russia's civil aviation authority says Wagner group boss Yevgeny Prigozhin and Wagner commander Dmitry Utkin were on board a private jet that crashed in Russia's Tver region north of Moscow, with no survivors.

Last edited:

In news that will surprise absolutely no one - the Wagner boss who tried to stage a coup has died after his plane crashed.

Russia's civil aviation authority says Wagner group boss Yevgeny Prigozhin and Wagner commander Dmitry Utkin were on board a private jet that crashed in Russia's Tver region north of Moscow, with no survivors.
Crashed after being shot down by Russian AA. LOL

yes ... a terrible accident ...

The GOP Debate was a fizzier. The best line referring to Trump was “The Elephant not in the Room”.
DeSantis waiting to see other hands go up (when asked if he would support a convicted Trump) was pretty sad.

Christie and Hutchinson the only 2 that wouldn't support him.

So much for conservatives loving law and order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QT in parliament has descended into a total farce.

Catherine King asked a straight question over the Qantas flight monopoly issue and.... crickets.

Coalition (rightly) move a dissent motion as the question is not being addressed and wouldnchaknowit - the useless greens and fake green teals all walk over to the same side of the lefty corruption bus.

SNAFU.

OTG.

QT in parliament has descended into a total farce.

Catherine King asked a straight question over the Qantas flight monopoly issue and.... crickets.

Coalition (rightly) move a dissent motion as the question is not being addressed and wouldnchaknowit - the useless greens and fake green teals all walk over to the same side of the lefty corruption bus.

SNAFU.

OTG.
I move that the member no longer be heard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back