Solo living - bills

Remove this Banner Ad

Giddy Up

All Australian
May 26, 2006
victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thinking of making the step out on my own and trying to budget how much I can afford to rent.

also a monthly bill allowence could anyone else provide some feedback on average what they pay for:

- electricity
- water
- gas

I know I’ll have to budget for internet, insurance, kayo/Netflix etc.

My power bill is about $180 a quarter and gas about $40 a month in peak season. I have set up direct debit to come out weekly. I pay $20 a week for power and $10 for gas. Don't even realise it gets taken out.

I rent a two bedroom unit/cabin at a caravan park, only costs are rent ($240pw) and electricity ($10-15pw in summer, $30+pw in winter). It's a really good way to go if you're going solo, you need pin codes to enter and exit so security is great, gardening and maintenance is all taken care off and most of the people in my particular park are the older retired type so it's nice and quiet. The trick is to find a good park among the bogan trash parks, it'll take time to get into a good one, I had to wait over 12 months before I got into mine but it's worth the wait, if I was to rent a one bedroom unit in the same area it would cost me an additional $100+ per week and that's not including the extra for water, gas and insurance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back