Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, pretty strong speech!

Got a feeling the boys will be absolutely thrashed this preseason. It's forecasted to be a hot summer so I think they are due for a reality check in terms of fitness.

Near enough isn't good enough and unfortunately we haven't had those standards even during our prelim finishes. I didn't get the Utah stuff since the whole point of preseason was to get absolutely smacked in the heat. You need that strength and conditioning for the home and away season.

I hope this is the turning point. We could all pinpoint the moment a game would change and we knew we were cooked. It was unacceptable but we took it in because we gave a *. Let's see how we go next year and most importantly, let's see how hardworking we really are.

As Sonja put it, it won't change if we want it to, it will change if we are prepared to go through the hardest part of it. Are we prepared?

She's the best 💙🤍🦘
A very impressive speech. Had all the necessary ingredients to engage with the listeners and felt earnest, honest and meaningful.

I heard McLachlan on the radio or TV speaking about how Ron Barassi might be honoured. He came across as a blithering tool.

Just Sonja cracking some jokes with a couple of her groupies.

0fa2ef3b3a60d67c99fa5079fd64a645

Looks like the type that would think there might be a vote or 2 by aligning himself with a big club. He doesn’t strike as a North person.

He follows Rabbitohs who against the odds, resurrected their club after being kicked out of the NRL competition. They're about as close to a North Melbourne side as any other in Rugby League.

He follows Rabbitohs who against the odds, resurrected their club after being kicked out of the NRL competition. They're about as close to a North Melbourne side as any other in Rugby League.
We're just missing Crowe/Murdoch to fund it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elbow comes across as more of a Collingwood man.
Historically he was a Hawks fan but he was wearing a Magpies scarf yesterday. He's not much of an AFL fan.

Historically he was a Hawks fan but he was wearing a Magpies scarf yesterday. He's not much of an AFL fan.

He's a South Sydney nuff and good luck to the dopey *er but he's not a historical Hawthorn supporter

He's a South Sydney nuff and good luck to the dopey *er but he's not a historical Hawthorn supporter
hmmm, depends on your definition of historical I guess.

Albo: My first grand final was 1989, where I saw my team, Hawthorn beat Geelong. Gary Ablett kicked nine goals, got the Norm Smith but in a losing side. When you come from Sydney people assume that you have never seen an AFL game in your life.

(Doorstop interview - Melbourne | Prime Minister of Australia)

hmmm, depends on your definition of historical I guess.

Albo: My first grand final was 1989, where I saw my team, Hawthorn beat Geelong. Gary Ablett kicked nine goals, got the Norm Smith but in a losing side. When you come from Sydney people assume that you have never seen an AFL game in your life.

(Doorstop interview - Melbourne | Prime Minister of Australia)

I'm very aware of the history, but he's a South Sydney Rabbitohs man first, last and forever.

He made his name in their equivalent of our Gold Coast death.

With Sonja’s first full year as President under her belt, I personally see her performance as first class, and shudder to think of how our club would have navigated this year if we had of made the wrong appointment (ie not Sonja) last year.

She’s grown into the role magnificently. She took her time to bring a more public persona and she started to show her sass and verve during the Clarko hunt. When she did, she brought a more bubbly, intelligent, friendly vibe. This has morphed into a more steely ‘I’m that boss bish’ come at me if you dare vibe of recent times which I definitely drink to. She’d have these McClure’s of the world shaking in their boots and I can’t remember the last time I heard anybody have a dig at her - even fireman Kane.
This is important as while we are used to being kicked as a club, and there are still kicks coming at us (see compo package), you just get the feeling that we are generally starting to hold these doofus’ to account a bit more.

Among the achievements and missteps of her first full year, her biggest praise has to go to how she handled the Clarko investigation and subsequent leave.

Her backing Clarko in is a career-on-the-line decision considering her background in community outreach. This has turned out to be a critically correct move seeing the results that has since come out and the appreciation Clarko has shown towards that initial support.

Through all the noise, the club kept aligned, no loose threads, and got on with it as much as they could.

When Clarko stepped down, there was no woe is us, and Clarko was not fawned on as a lost Messiah of sorts. In fact, some of the language was as close to ‘we don’t need Clarko to do well’ as you could get without disrespecting him. Mentally, it allowed Clarko the space he needed to fully recover as well as the mental carrot to lure him to want to prove something, which I believe is important in rediscovering drive.

The integration of Clarko back into the fold seemed to have been as seamless as possible as well. Didn’t feel rushed. Media looked like they were desperate for a Clarko / club / Ratts rift story but that died even before there were embers.

Hopefully those more inner scrotes can share some insight into what she’s done this year but a massive bravo from me Sonja!

With Sonja’s first full year as President under her belt, I personally see her performance as first class, and shudder to think of how our club would have navigated this year if we had of made the wrong appointment (ie not Sonja) last year.

She’s grown into the role magnificently. She took her time to bring a more public persona and she started to show her sass and verve during the Clarko hunt. When she did, she brought a more bubbly, intelligent, friendly vibe. This has morphed into a more steely ‘I’m that boss bish’ come at me if you dare vibe of recent times which I definitely drink to. She’d have these McClure’s of the world shaking in their boots and I can’t remember the last time I heard anybody have a dig at her - even fireman Kane.
This is important as while we are used to being kicked as a club, and there are still kicks coming at us (see compo package), you just get the feeling that we are generally starting to hold these doofus’ to account a bit more.

Among the achievements and missteps of her first full year, her biggest praise has to go to how she handled the Clarko investigation and subsequent leave.

Her backing Clarko in is a career-on-the-line decision considering her background in community outreach. This has turned out to be a critically correct move seeing the results that has since come out and the appreciation Clarko has shown towards that initial support.

Through all the noise, the club kept aligned, no loose threads, and got on with it as much as they could.

When Clarko stepped down, there was no woe is us, and Clarko was not fawned on as a lost Messiah of sorts. In fact, some of the language was as close to ‘we don’t need Clarko to do well’ as you could get without disrespecting him. Mentally, it allowed Clarko the space he needed to fully recover as well as the mental carrot to lure him to want to prove something, which I believe is important in rediscovering drive.

The integration of Clarko back into the fold seemed to have been as seamless as possible as well. Didn’t feel rushed. Media looked like they were desperate for a Clarko / club / Ratts rift story but that died even before there were embers.

Hopefully those more inner scrotes can share some insight into what she’s done this year but a massive bravo from me Sonja!

Standing by Tarryn too.

I imagine quite a few thought the over promoted social justice warrior feminazi quota filler would leap at the opportunity to punish Tarryn for shitty behaviour towards women.

But she stuck by her player - didn't let him off and turn a blind eye, but did the hard yards with him, and Tarryn came back and repaid the faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back