Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

after today's result you have to wonder what the future holds for claremont.

all the rumors were true and resulted in yet another embarrassing result.

hats off to the players that have put their hands up, but there are also a lot of unhappy players in the camp and all say the same thing what are the coaching staff doing.

Brighton by 283. Wow.

Was told by some mates that were there that it was borderline embarrassing. Brighton rested 5 or 6 players and still had that result.

Thats the comps 8th and 9th..

Last week I called they would win by 150...

Will be a interesting to see if the Robins can take a higher scalp in the next two weeks. See if they're the a bit better and improved like some think they are.

2 Point loss to DF.
283 win against ... Claremont.
I just dont get the mentality of dropping your whole 1s team to try and win a reserves match that isn't going to get you into the finals anyway. Just seems crazy.
Went along and had a look at the Hobart and Farne game up at the TCA, Cassidy didn't play for Lindisfarne, they looked very sluggish and ordinary for most of the game, Hobart were playing a lot of kids from the colts and were all over them for long periods of time but their forward entries were a dogs breakfast and kept turning it over, did cut the margin to about 5 points at one time late in the third but then the Farne eventually got away.
Tigers had a RHG but skills were found wanting and it let the Blues off the hook.
Dodges kicked the ass out NN up there, a rare home loss for them, Norfik just seem to be making up the numbers now and probably won't go past 5th.
Huonville gave Sorell a touch up at Sorell by over the century, they look to be hitting their straps again.
Five not quite settled but pretty close, not that teams 4/5 will do anything even if they do get in.

I just dont get the mentality of dropping your whole 1s team to try and win a reserves match that isn't going to get you into the finals anyway. Just seems crazy.
Went along and had a look at the Hobart and Farne game up at the TCA, Cassidy didn't play for Lindisfarne, they looked very sluggish and ordinary for most of the game, Hobart were playing a lot of kids from the colts and were all over them for long periods of time but their forward entries were a dogs breakfast and kept turning it over, did cut the margin to about 5 points at one time late in the third but then the Farne eventually got away.
Tigers had a RHG but skills were found wanting and it let the Blues off the hook.
Dodges kicked the ass out NN up there, a rare home loss for them, Norfik just seem to be making up the numbers now and probably won't go past 5th.
Huonville gave Sorell a touch up at Sorell by over the century, they look to be hitting their straps again.
Five not quite settled but pretty close, not that teams 4/5 will do anything even if they do get in.

Spot on I think
Top 3 hard to split.

Injuries are playing a big part in many results, teams with a lot of talent missing at the moment. Hobart obviously a heap out, Sorell have been cursed this year, NN played a 16yo and 17yo yesterday and look to have been decimated as well.

Huonville timing their run nicely, looking like they have almost all on the park at the moment.

Brighton are better than what people give them credit for, they have great structure in place but just lacking the top end talent that others have to make the most of it, if they recruit a couple they will make further inroads

Current Ladder:
Cygnet (48) - Claremont (H), New Norfolk (A)
Huonville (44) - Bye, Lindisfarne (H)
Lindisfarne (44) - Sorell (H), Huonville (A)
Dodges Ferry (40) - Hobart (H), Sorell (A)
New Norfolk (28) - Brighton (A), Cygnet (H)
Hobart (24) - Dodges (A), Brighton (H)
Sorell (20) - Lindisfarne (A), Dodges Ferry (H)
Brighton (8) - New Norfolk (H), Hobart (A)
Claremont (0) - Cygnet (A), Bye.

Cygnet should win both and finish on 56.
Huonville should win over Lindisfarne to finish on 48.
Lindisfarne should beat Sorell but lose to Huonville to finish on 48, would wanna improve on their effort yesterday.
Dodges should beat both Hobart and Sorell to finish on 48, wouldn't want any slip ups like the Brighton game though.
New Norfolk obviously have a lot out, have a danger game at Brighton but *should* win, but won't beat Cygnet to finish on 28-32. Drop both and things could get interesting.
Hobart likely won't win at Dodges but are big chance to beat Brighton to finish on 28. For them it all comes down to New Norfolk dropping both and them beating Brighton and percentage will be the difference.
They need to find a forward that can kick goals, the amount of time they had the ball up forward and only kicked 6-4 yesterday, may even drop the Brighton game with their lack of scoring power.
Sorell likely won't beat either Lindisfarne or Dodges but even if they did their percentage is cack anyway so that puts a line through them, can be a tricky side at times.
Brighton will be out to show more improvement.
Claremont, well they only have Cygnet down there and if yesterday's anything to go by, they could get pumped by nearly 400.

Spot on I think
Top 3 hard to split.

Brighton are better than what people give them credit for, they have great structure in place but just lacking the top end talent that others have to make the most of it, if they recruit a couple they will make further inroads

Loving seeing my Roo boys adapt to Howard's structure. Getting the most out of the lower end players.

Loving seeing my Roo boys adapt to Howard's structure. Getting the most out of the lower end players.
Called in and watched the second half of the Brighton vs Claremont senior game yesterday and I’m hearing from people close to the sfl hierarchy that a merger is on the cards for Brighton & Claremont Men’s teams in 2022.
Claremont Seniors & Reserves would move out to the new facility at Pontville and play under the Brighton name and the women’s teams and juniors would be still based out of Abbotsfield Park.
I think this could work as it’s going to be hard for both these clubs in the coming years.

Called in and watched the second half of the Brighton vs Claremont senior game yesterday and I’m hearing from people close to the sfl hierarchy that a merger is on the cards for Brighton & Claremont Men’s teams in 2022.
Claremont Seniors & Reserves would move out to the new facility at Pontville and play under the Brighton name and the women’s teams and juniors would be still based out of Abbotsfield Park.
I think this could work as it’s going to be hard for both these clubs in the coming years.

Hahahahahaha hahahahaha as if that is going to happen... hahahahaha

Thing we may disagree on a few things, but your comment is spot on.

He never heard it from the SFL hierarchy, because there is ZERO percent chance they have said anything of the sort.
Yep, it won't ever happen.
Mind you, I did hear a rumour today that Claremont may be about to forfeit the game at Cygnet on Saturday because of a lack of players.
One of their players told me that.

Yep, it won't ever happen.
Mind you, I did hear a rumour today that Claremont may be about to forfeit the game at Cygnet on Saturday because of a lack of players.
One of their players told me that.

I was told the same thing by someone too. They were pretty certain last week would be their last game.

I was told the same thing by someone too. They were pretty certain last week would be their last game.
Would be a first if an SFL team forfeited a senior game you'd think, can't ever remember it happening before/if at all.

While Christine Carr is still involved, I think they will find a way to get a team on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And like I said, Chris will find a way to get players to play. I would put money on her. I may be wrong, but I don't think you will find a more respected person in football, at least in the South. If she can't convince players to help out, no one will

And like I said, Chris will find a way to get players to play. I would put money on her. I may be wrong, but I don't think you will find a more respected person in football, at least in the South. If she can't convince players to help out, no one will
If so then why have so many players left in the last couple of years?
Also she appointed the current coach right? How is that decision looking?

If so then why have so many players left in the last couple of years?
Also she appointed the current coach right? How is that decision looking?

Pretty sure she doesn't make the decisions on her own. And people leave clubs where there is a universally respected person. Doesn't mean you like the club or direction it is going in.

Done arguing with imbeciles.

Pretty sure she doesn't make the decisions on her own. And people leave clubs where there is a universally respected person. Doesn't mean you like the club or direction it is going in.

She isn't even president? She is helping out here and there but she isn't at the club at the moment?

i think if you took of those rose colored glasses and spoke to a few of those guys who left you might think other wise.... in 5 years gone from premiers to a laughing stock.... can't blame players and coaches for that

You're usually on the money and I respect your opinion but whether they were right or wrong to piss off, all those players left due to an issue over the ex coach being lied to about how much money the club had to recruit and also pay the players they had at the time. Their issue is/was with her.

Some mail out of the Carrmont,
A meeting with Allison about his termination end with it being a non event, after Allison demanded the 20k for the second year of his contract if he was to be terminated.
Quality signing that wouldn’t you say !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back