Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much recruiting news?

Is it a case of just noone to actually recruit?

What are numbers like at training for clubs any word?
hearing Huonville could be the team to beat with a few returning players and a couple of handy recruits. Cygnet lost a few. Same as Lindisfarne. Quiet out at shark park as usual

Hobart's lost Jimmy Pulford to Victoria.
Moved over there to live the other day.
Not a lot of recruiting from what I'm told.
What ever happened to some of those good young blokes Hobart had a couple of years back like Cripps, Awde, Plummer, the young bloke who's name escapes me that played FF the year they won the colts grand final, kicked a bag that year? Seemed to all make it to senior footy then just disappeared off the radar.

Any news on how many teams are getting a Colts team up?
Storm, Huonville, Lindisfarne, Brighton are a lock
Sorell, Dodges 90% chance.
New Norfolk, Claremont trying hard to get a team up.
Hobart no is the mail I got.

What ever happened to some of those good young blokes Hobart had a couple of years back like Cripps, Awde, Plummer, the young bloke who's name escapes me that played FF the year they won the colts grand final, kicked a bag that year? Seemed to all make it to senior footy then just disappeared off the radar.
Cripps moved to Adelaide
Plummer been in trouble with the law
Don’t know about the rest, it’s been six years.

Crippa and his girlfriend moved to Adelaide for Uni about 14-15 months ago.
He played 83 club games for Hobart with 42 senior games.
Currently plays for the Marion Rams in the Adelaide Footy League, played 18 games last season.
Plummer and Awde both got moved on for their off field behaviour.
Smashing up the timekeeper's box at the TCA on Mad Monday didn't exactly sit well.
Plummer played the first eight senior games for Claremont last year but only played in two reserves games after that. No idea if he's still with them. Awde quit footy.
Zak Hovington played a couple of senior games at Hobart then got injured, later quit the club. Saw he bobbed up playing in the two's at Richmond a couple of years back briefly but doesn't appear to be playing footy now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personal Reasons?

Person who told me wasn’t sure as to why, just said the board is working quickly to find a replacement. You would think it would have to be personal reason this close to the season proper, hopefully he still goes around for a kick still a handy footballer

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Person who told me wasn’t sure as to why, just said the board is working quickly to find a replacement. You would think it would have to be personal reason this close to the season proper, hopefully he still goes around for a kick still a handy footballer

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
From the wording of that muckery article posted above it says both him and Brad Joseph have left the club, both are apparently close mates so that's probably no surprise.
Probably head back to Richmond for a kick, Kobey Phillips would be probably be another off too ya'd reckon. And maybe a couple of others that are close to the coach.
I did hear talk last year that there was some differences in the club over some of the players that came over from Richmond that didn't get on too well with some of the players that were already at the club that caused them to leave, heard that from a few ex players in the outer one day.
Will be difficult to see who they'll be able to get as a coach so close to the season.

It’s a wait and see scenario at the Hobart Football Club currently, there is certainly a rumble or two. Players don’t know what to do with their football future.

I can assure you at least 8-10 people have left the club as of now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back