Sporting Globe Newspaper

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
This is probably a longshot, but does anyone here remember the old Saturday Sporting Globe Newspaper? It was referred to as the "Pink Paper" and up until the end of season 1979, each Saturday nights edition carried all the race results from around Australia, and a detailed run down of all 6 VFL games played earlier that day.

I have been searching for a number of years, but am looking for the 1978 Grand Final issue of this paper. I check ebay often, and have contacted anybody who is selling them on there about this issue, but nobody can assist me with it.

So if anybody on here happens to have this particular issue, or any other issue from the late 1970s for that matter, let me know, i would love to hear from you.

This one pictured is from my own collection, and is from the 1978 Semi finals.

1553060161914.png 1553060161914.png 1553060161914.png

I actually threw out exactly what you're looking for a few months ago Langers, otherwise would have happily sent them to you.
My footy stuff had grown too big and i got rid of several 1970s Sporting Globes and hundreds of footy records that really weren't worth much. Kept the good stuff like grand final records of course.

I actually threw out exactly what you're looking for a few months ago Langers, otherwise would have happily sent them to you.
My footy stuff had grown too big and i got rid of several 1970s Sporting Globes and hundreds of footy records that really weren't worth much. Kept the good stuff like grand final records of course.

Thats typical of my luck!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back