Sportsbet donations - Michelle Rowland

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Michelle Rowland be sacked?

Don't think she held the gambling portfolio when sponsorship occurred.

Not a new thing according to news reports:

Maybe lower the reporting amount and no 'shelf' companies.

Excepted donations from sportsbet whilst there is a inquiry into sports gambling.
This was before the ALP were in power?

Did she not declare it or anything like that?

Don't get me wrong, donations from gambling companies should be rejected by any party. They should give the money back.

This was before the ALP were in power?

Did she not declare it or anything like that?

Don't get me wrong, donations from gambling companies should be rejected by any party. They should give the money back.
Tad too late to just "give it back" though, isn't it?

She accepted the donation - I'm sure she is smart enough to know the implications of that when she accepted them.
If Albanese wants a transparent government, this is not a good look IMO, if there is no consequence for Rowland.

She accepted the donation - I'm sure she is smart enough to know the implications of that when she accepted them.
If Albanese wants a transparent government, this is not a good look IMO, if there is no consequence for Rowland.
I don't know anything about it.

Were the ALP in power at the time?
Did she fail to declare it?
Did she break any rules or guidelines or anything?

She was shadow communications minister (and got the role when elected).

Communication portfolio has responsibility for Interactive Gambling act and the Australian Communications and Media Authority.

Bad look

It's such an easy one.

In normal times, you acknowledge you took the donations and that it was an error of judgment. And hand them back. But that is actually not enough.

If Albanese was even semi-serious, he would sack her on the spot. It is a seriously poor error from Rowland and she should be held accountable. Why? Because this government ran on integrity. Simple.

Cancel culture in full force. Wokeism in full force. But actually it's not. It's accountability for contemptibility.

Pretty easy decision for Albanese if his Party meant anything.

Correct.

She was shadow communications minister (and got the role when elected).

Communication portfolio has responsibility for Interactive Gambling act and the Australian Communications and Media Authority.

Bad look
I would say just give the money back on principle, recognise that it is causing issues with trust in the Ministry.

Seems pretty simple.

I would say just give the money back on principle, recognise that it is causing issues with trust in the Ministry.

Seems pretty simple.
Easy as well to promote some or swap portfolios.

This is very small in comparison but a bit part of the election was on things like this. Need to see something of substance

Come on Chief, you're on here posting about it, don't then feign ignorance.
Whether they were in govt or not is irrelevant. The shadow comms minister accepts money from a gambling company. Whether technically a transgression or not, Albo has nailed his colours to the mast on transparency and accountability. Many of us (rightly) pillory the LNP for the corruption they've served up for 9 years, so the same scrutiny applies to the ALP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you're on here posting about it, don't then feign ignorance.
Don't be stupid.

Did she declare the donation or not?

Nobody has said no. So she did?

So you've got technical transparency. Was taking it the right thing to do? No. So give it back and monitor it more closely.

This is just LNP twits trying to destabilise their opposition when they do this sort of thing ALL THE TIME.

They don't think it's wrong. But they know that some people will see it as far worse than it is.

After this they will go back to taking money from anyone and giving it back to the donor 10-fold in grants and dodgy deals.

Not a single conservative politician has any moral authority here. They can go jump.

Don't be stupid.

Did she declare the donation or not?

Nobody has said no. So she did?

So you've got technical transparency. Was taking it the right thing to do? No. So give it back and monitor it more closely.

This is just LNP twits trying to destabilise their opposition when they do this sort of thing ALL THE TIME.

They don't think it's wrong. But they know that some people will see it as far worse than it is.

After this they will go back to taking money from anyone and giving it back to the donor 10-fold in grants and dodgy deals.

Not a single conservative politician has any moral authority here. They can go jump.
It was below the requirement that needs reporting to the AEC, so no it wasn't declared

Yeah they have a little PR job. So give it back, or better yet donate it to a related charity helping gambling addicts.

But it's good to see the LNP getting anti-gambling. I assume the NSW Libs will stop selling pokie licenses and stop renewing them. Can't wait for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back