Sportsbet donations - Michelle Rowland

Remove this Banner Ad

Lmao at Michelle Rowland trying to spin this.

"This really has just highlighted how we need to change the rules around donations. Even though no rules were broken, if what I've done has accelerated that conversation, than that's a good thing" (I know I'm paraphrasing).

No one forced her to accept the donations, and there was nothing stopping her from making these donations public knowledge when they occurred (even if they didn't reach the mandatory reporting threshold at the time).

She's the head of online gambling policy, one of the most damaging industries in Australia. To try and pretend that what she did has a hint of nobility, and is anything other than slimy and gross just stinks.

Should be sacked imo.

Yeah this looks like cynical spin.

What would be better?

"It is within the rules everyone abides by. But that is not good enough and from today I am posting every donation above (for example) $100 to my web site, and will audit it every 90 days to make sure I've got it right. I will not accept gambling industry or related industry donations at all." Quote findings and studies showing the best practice, stick to that. Lead by example.

Snooker the Libs.

That definitely would be better, but let's be honest it won't happen.

This is just another case of someone trying to spin their way out of it when they've been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back