Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Bizarre choice to use a jumper inspired by the short lived and generally loathed Westar Rules era.
From across the border I couldn't quite fathom the whole Westar Rules thing. I didn't realise this design was part of that (I recall it now, with a demon head on it). I agree that an early design of theirs would make more sense, but I'm happy to see a different design to their usual sash one regardless.

For reasons unknown Glenelg played in their Away jumper for a home game yesterday;
Glenelg chose to wear their away guernsey because it was a twilight match. The club was weary of the sun affecting the players' vision and didn't want them accidentally kicking the ball to the opposition if both clubs wore black guernseys.

Honestly made for a much more aesthetically pleasing match, I reckon.

SANFL 2024.png 2024 SANFL Home Jumpers. Changes are as follows:

Adelaide: New Balfours logo for the front sponsor and a new O'neils logo.

Central District: Unchanged.

Glenelg: New O'neils logo.

North Adelaide: Unchanged.

Norwood: The only major sponsor change. IWS is now the front sponsor instead of the back sponsor. New back sponsor is Valo.

Port Adelaide: Unchanged.

South Adelaide: Magin replaces Loftus as a small sponsor on the front. Fantastic Noodles replace Balfours as above number sponsor.

Sturt: The only club with a new jumper template for 2024. Thomas Farms is now the above number sponsor instead of the below number sponsor. New below number sponsor is Complete Windscreens.

West Adelaide: Copyworld is now a front sponsor. Ace It and Adelaide Image printing are now back sponsors.

Woodville-West Torrens: Sports Centre manufacturer logo has been updated Laurinex cleaning sponsor has been replaced by Jani King.

Last edited:
Are the side panels on Sturt’s jumper new this year? Been working on back jumper icons for Australian Football Coach and I noticed I didn’t have any for last year’s but I don’t know if that’s just me missing that or they just brought them back.

Last edited:
Are the side panels on Stuart’s jumper new this year? Been working on back jumper icons for Australian Football Coach and I noticed I didn’t have any for last year’s but I don’t know if that’s just me missing that or they just brought them back.
You're right. I missed that detail for both years. I'll update soon.

433132204_934723088654280_5434361434270730780_n.jpg

Frankston using a white version of their home jumper as a clash strip. IIRC it was grey last season.

This is a step down, with so much white, it looks kind of sparse to me. Could use another double stripe on the opposite side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth Demons away/clash (?) - inverted design with sash broken up by logo

May be an image of 3 people and text

Perth Demons away/clash (?) - inverted design with sash broken up by logo

May be an image of 3 people and text
Ever since the rebrand, I haven't liked any of Perth's branding. Seriously, how uninspiring are those logos?

Bring back the old demon head, at least that had character.

bit of an interesting one with Casey rocking light(er) blue strip against Port Melbourne..

View attachment 1960141
View attachment 1960142
Never really noticed just how light of a shade Casey went for, I have a feeling it’s lighter than the Melbourne clash which could come down to different manufacturers (VFL standalones and aligned VFL clubs are all with ISC). Looks good though. I suppose there’s that bit of extra freedom they have to go lighter since Melbourne are trying to match an old jumper whereas Casey (Springvale) don’t share the same heritage. Props to them for keeping the back plain blue with no yoke like the old Springvale and Casey jumpers.

Never really noticed just how light of a shade Casey went for, I have a feeling it’s lighter than the Melbourne clash which could come down to different manufacturers (VFL standalones and aligned VFL clubs are all with ISC). Looks good though. I suppose there’s that bit of extra freedom they have to go lighter since Melbourne are trying to match an old jumper whereas Casey (Springvale) don’t share the same heritage. Props to them for keeping the back plain blue with no yoke like the old Springvale and Casey jumpers.
think it was made diffent, maybe just for port and maybe williams town who wear royal blue which means no clash kit but stills clashes with home potenalty

The light blue on the Melbourne clash strip would probably still clash with Port, so I think they had a choice between their old clash jumper of plain white with CASEY written across the front or this. I also think that's why the back is plain blue, the extra red might have caused confusion here.

I actually quite like it, and it did it's job for sure.

Ever since the rebrand, I haven't liked any of Perth's branding. Seriously, how uninspiring are those logos?

Bring back the old demon head, at least that had character.
I sent them this re-work ages ago, they did use the font (which is not mine) for a little while before the new PD stuff
perth demons sash.png demons png.png

Last edited:
I sent them this re-work ages ago, they did use the font (which is not mine) for a little while before the new PD stuff
View attachment 1961724 View attachment 1961726
Agreed, much more character, do you think the visual of a character portraying Satan or similar could be deemed offensive to potential new members, and or juniors and their families, I know the Perth junior district has a varied cultural pool to choose players from in the metro area which is much different than what it was 20 plus years ago. Melbourne Demons in the AFL have also gone down the same path losing their demon character on logo and marketing.

Agreed, much more character, do you think the visual of a character portraying Satan or similar could be deemed offensive to potential new members, and or juniors and their families, I know the Perth junior district has a varied cultural pool to choose players from in the metro area which is much different than what it was 20 plus years ago. Melbourne Demons in the AFL have also gone down the same path losing their demon character on logo and marketing.
yeh and it sucks, it was internally done to appeal to the Chinese market (as far as i know) but now it doesn't matter would love to see us bring it back a bit more always wonder what or how a modernized flamming demon logo could look like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back