Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every club would sign Coniglio if they had the chance. The only way a club is ruled out is if he specifically wants a monster playing contract that prices them out of the market. He can get $800k-$1m anywhere and I would be very surprised if he thought that getting $1.4m at St Kilda or something was a better long term financial decision than joining a club like West Coast.

He's no fool, though. Whether he chooses to stay at GWS or move elsewhere it will be a calculated decision based on what's good for his footy career and life thereafter.

People are that desperate for him not to end up at Hawthorn that they’re literally suggesting that the Suns would be a good place for him to go to.
I think we both know that that's ridiculous. Conversely, someone like Carlton, St Kilda, Eagles or even Geelong, is not outside the realm of possibility though. Something that some of your fellow brethren don't seem to be acknowledging.

This thread will pretty much remain a dumpster fire anyway, until one of the below happens -

a) Cogs announces he's resigning
b) Cogs or his management announce that they've put off contract talks
c) Tomlinson signs on, but Cogs remains unsigned

Nothing but hearsay, rhetoric and hyperbole until one of the aforementioned transpires.

Not at all. Pointing out anything is possible isn't a troll.

Just as the failure 0f Hawks to get Shiel across the line proves, among many others over the years to different clubs.
I read many times on BF last year that Lynch was definitely going to the Hawks, like Shiel, he didn't end up there either. Can't wait for Cogs to not go there, just to see what happens to the mindset of all the Hawks supporters, will be delicious

Geelong and collingwood, nearly got bucks fired after round 1 last year haha
Really? Got a link to that?

I know he got 54 touches, but I didn't realise that Collingwood almost sacked the coach that got them to a Grand Final that year over Mitchell's possession count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Got a link to that?

I know he got 54 touches, but I didn't realise that Collingwood almost sacked the coach that got them to a Grand Final that year over Mitchell's possession count.
They weren’t happy with him at that point, it was the second time in as many games he refused to pay Mitchell any respect. Plenty of people wanted his head early last year.

But you said the Suns were only mentioned to wind up people?
Look at you guys frothing at the mouth if anyone mentions he may stay or go somewhere other than the Hawks. Winding you guys up in here isn't hard nor even intentional.

Most on here are accepting that he could end up anywhere or stay where he is, the majority of Hawks fans on the other hand think it's Hawks and only Hawks because "mateship".

If he goes to the Hawks will I care? About as Much as if he goes to any club not the Giants.
If he is out the door couldn't care less where he goes.

Look at you guys frothing at the mouth if anyone mentions he may stay or go somewhere other than the Hawks. Winding you guys up in here isn't hard nor even intentional.

Most on here are accepting that he could end up anywhere or stay where he is, the majority of Hawks fans on the other hand think it's Hawks and only Hawks because "mateship".

If he goes to the Hawks will I care? About as Much as if he goes to any club not the Giants.
So the Cogs to Suns stuff was “clearly a wind up” but now your saying it was not intentional? 🤣

Hawks fans are pretty content, we’re just watching on, waiting to see how it falls like everyone else.

What? Abasi was pointing out that the suggestion he goes to the Suns is ridiculous. Which it is. How have you translated that as him frothing over "anyone mentioning he may stay or go somewhere other than the Hawks". There's no logic to that argument whatsoever. You seem to be very selective with what you choose to remember if you think that's a fair summation of this thread!

What? Abasi was pointing out that the suggestion he goes to the Suns is ridiculous. Which it is. How have you translated that as him frothing over "anyone mentioning he may stay or go somewhere other than the Hawks". There's no logic to that argument whatsoever. You seem to be very selective with what you choose to remember if you think that's a fair summation of this thread!

Its simple, read through the thread.

It is fair. I'm pretty much on record as hoping he stays but couldn't care where he goes if he leaves and the majority are the same.

Where as Hawks fans act out the moment anyone mentions any other club than the Hawks.

Suns isn't as outrageous as many would think.

They have far more coin than anyone else and he may like QLD. You certainly don't know.

Its simple, read through the thread.

It is fair. I'm pretty much on record as hoping he stays but couldn't care where he goes if he leaves and the majority are the same.

Where as Hawks fans act out the moment anyone mentions any other club than the Hawks.

Suns isn't as outrageous as many would think.

They have far more coin than anyone else and he may like QLD. You certainly don't know.
That is just not true, 90% of this thread is s**t canning our list and that is where Hawk fans get up in arms.

If someone is of the opinion that he is going elsewhere that is fine i couldn't care less and i am sure most Hawk fans wouldn't either. Most days when i click on this thread it is just more posts attacking our list. Whether people think that is true or not it would be better fitted in plenty of other threads and not this one.

I've read the thread, the majority I see from Hawks fans is around defending against subjective arguments as to why he wouldn't join Hawks. Ie. no money, s**t list etc. Sure, some have made arguments against him joining other teams and those fans are allowed to defend their team the same way. You seem to only take issue when we do it though. You can't have it both ways.

I'm yet to see any Hawks fan state as fact that Cogs is coming to us. We're hopeful, but we simply don't know. I'm not the only one who has stated that either.

Why would Gold Coast be any more of a troll suggestion than Carlton or St Kilda? They're all at the bottom of the ladder, Carlton has a similarly young list, and Gold Coast at least has a coach.

I guess the assumption is that Sydney and Melbourne don't need a mid and/or can't afford him, but if we threw those two in we'd complete the set.

That is just not true, 90% of this thread is s**t canning our list and that is where Hawk fans get up in arms.

If someone is of the opinion that he is going elsewhere that is fine i couldn't care less and i am sure most Hawk fans wouldn't either. Most days when i click on this thread it is just more posts attacking our list. Whether people think that is true or not it would be better fitted in plenty of other threads and not this one.

Its actually very true.
Hopefully it's known soon so this thread can die it's death it needs. Like Kelly's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back