Traded Dylan Stephens [Traded with #25 to North for #44 and F-EoF]

Remove this Banner Ad

It is Stevie J talking Dylan Stephens on MMM today. 1:11:50 in. Take that for what it's worth.

'He will be representing the Kangaroos in 2024'

We won't use the PSD, but we won't use a first rounder either. Assistance might change things, but it will likely be either a straight swap for 39 or our F2 with something coming back.
Yeah on current picks that's pretty similar to what I was thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if the swans weren't that fussed on the draft this year and would prefer to trade into next year. It could even be Stephens + 41 for F2.

If North are not going to be using any of their later picks, and Carlton want futures for their F/S in the Zac Fischer trade, would they package them to Sydney for the trade?

Maybe Sydney ask them for 44, 57 and 65 (after the Gresham FA compo, this is where they'd be) - equiv pick 30, or 44 and 57 (pick 34)?

Seems a fair trade for all, values Stephens around 36 but makes some Swans dealings a little easier.

North have another top 25 pick to shuffle down the order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney have done well here. Very well run club.

Given up an ordinary player and pick in the 30s in a shallow draft for a first rounder next year.

A draft recruiters want to trade out of and into this one?

With as many as 13 matched bids in the top 30 prospects also?

A draft recruiters want to trade out of and into this one?

With as many as 13 matched bids in the top 30 prospects also?

Can't recall too many teams looking to trade into this draft beyond the first 10 or so live picks.

A first rounder next year will at least give them something to play with.

Can't recall too many teams looking to trade into this draft beyond the first 10 or so live picks.

A first rounder next year will at least give them something to play with.

Twoomey said in his podcast only last week that recruiters think next year is a poor draft and are actively looking to trade out of it into this one, but not finding it easy.

Pick 20 has every chance of being a late 20's pick next year also.

So it's certainly not "a pick in the 30's for a first rounder"

Twoomey said in his podcast only last week that recruiters think next year is a poor draft and are actively looking to trade out of it into this one, but not finding it easy.

Pick 20 has every chance of being a late 20's pick next year also.

So it's certainly not "a pick in the 30's for a first rounder"

Eh I wouldn't put too much stake in people predicting the draft stocks twelve months out.

It was only twelve months ago that people thought the 2022 crop was shallow. Early days but it's looking like one of the best in a while.

Eh I wouldn't put too much stake in people predicting the draft stocks twelve months out.

It was only twelve months ago that people thought the 2022 crop was shallow. Early days but it's looking like one of the best in a while.

I agree with you there.

The other consideration is 2024 is a massive year for FA.

A much larger one than this year.

I agree with you there.

The other consideration is 2024 is a massive year for FA.

A much larger one than this year.
Is it? Like most years, most of those looming as free agents will likely re-sign with their current clubs.

This year we’ve already had two first round picks given out as compensation, and another possible (Gresham).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back