Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had six spots open up on the senior list, by my count, with no mature age players coming in via trade. I don't see how we could pass both of the late picks from the Ratugolea trade, even if we wanted to.

And if my suspicion is correct and we're leaning towards upgrading Mullin and/or Dempsey, we just needed live picks. Wouldn't have mattered if they were at 29, 49, or 99.

Looks like Port just did the exact same thing we did, lolll.

Guess all people can be equally angry now :tearsofjoy:

Did you or did you not get a Brownlow medallist midfielder and a pick that would have gotten you Ollie Hollands?

Did we or did we not trade out 2x 2nds, 2x 3rds, and a 20 yo mid we had picked in the first round to get you that?

We could have done that deal on our own.
That’s just Graham Wright selling it to the masses.

You got a player well under his value last year and you saw him first up
Put him on the market again and I assure you gets more than 25.

But you keep believing the myth that the picks 40 and 50 we gave for Mitchell had a bearing on Henry’s value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could have done that deal on our own.
That’s just Graham Wright selling it to the masses.

You got a player well under his value last year and you saw him first up
Put him on the market again and I assure you gets more than 25.

But you keep believing the myth that the picks 40 and 50 we gave for Mitchell had a bearing on Henry’s value.
I'll keep up the reality that you were involved in a 3 way trade which helped set you up for a premiership the next year

can't beleive we got 25 and 2 other picks for an already 25 year old VFL level footballer. Thanks Ken!
THIS! people making out an uncontracted fringe player into a World beater to me is hilarious.
He'll be more valuable to Port than he was to Geelong but that doesn't change that it's Sav.

If he stayed, he'd be the whipping boy here.

Last edited:
THIS! people making out an uncontracted fringe player into a World beater to me is hilarious.
He'll be more valuable to Port than he was to Geelong but that doesn't change that it's Sav.

If he stayed, he'd be the whipping boy here.

He has plenty of upside to his game. Can't ever seeing him being a star as his decision making just won't ever be there but in terms of becoming a valuable intercepting defender who can lock down on the opposition's tall timber, he should thrive in the coming years.

Really hope Geelong have their eyes set on a future key defender because I know Jack Henry is tracking along nicely but with a second foot concern in as many years, it's a bit of a worry. De Koning is All Australian potential. Kolodjashnij is absolute garbage as a key defender. There's nothing else coming through on the list.

He has plenty of upside to his game. Can't ever seeing him being a star as his decision making just won't ever be there but in terms of becoming a valuable intercepting defender who can lock down on the opposition's tall timber, he should thrive in the coming years.

Really hope Geelong have their eyes set on a future key defender because I know Jack Henry is tracking along nicely but with a second foot concern in as many years, it's a bit of a worry. De Koning is All Australian potential. Kolodjashnij is absolute garbage as a key defender. There's nothing else coming through on the list.
There's a 200cm, 25 year old bloke playing in Geelong's VFL, Bailey Van De Heuvel, who got invited to the state combine who I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up to fill Sav's void. He'd be available super late and as a stop-gap we could do a lot worse.

There's a 200cm, 25 year old bloke playing in Geelong's VFL, Bailey Van De Heuvel, who got invited to the state combine who I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up to fill Sav's void. He'd be available super late and as a stop-gap we could do a lot worse.

I like that kid and was hoping we would rookie him earlier in the year.
Has excellent hands and is a great size too.

We found Tom Stewart in similar circumstances. Obviously not suggesting he'll be another Stewart but I think you are spot on and we will add Van De Heuvel to the list.

I like that kid and was hoping we would rookie him earlier in the year.
Has excellent hands and is a great size too.

We found Tom Stewart in similar circumstances. Obviously not suggesting he'll be another Stewart but I think you are spot on and we will add Van De Heuvel to the list.
The Flying Dutchman! Very on board for VDH to get a gig in the backline with his initials only bro SDK

And if my suspicion is correct and we're leaning towards upgrading Mullin and/or Dempsey, we just needed live picks. Wouldn't have mattered if they were at 29, 49, or 99.

That's not how it works. You get given enough picks to fill all your empty list spots on the day of the draft. If you have 10 free list spots then you're given picks up to the 10th round. You don't need to trade for extra picks just to fill your list spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back