Traded Port Adelaide trade their 2024 F1 to Fremantle for Pick 22 and 2024 F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Good trade by Freo. But that’s now two years without any real top end talent coming in. They’d want to hope Erasmus and Johnson kick on or that is a big gap in the age profile.

Port would want to hope they don’t drop off too much if at all.
Jackson?

I highlighted 2022 and 2023 as a concern. That is two years for Freo with only one pick inside the first two rounds. Henry may help you get back in.

2019 is irrelevant.

There will be a pretty large gap in Freo’s age profile and they will more than likely look to fill it over the next few years. Like the Blues.
I used 2019 because that’s the year after your last top 10 pick
If your concerned about freos age demographic with
2019 3x top 10
2020 1 x top 15
2021 2x top 10

You must be quaking in your boots with Carlton not having a top 10 kid for 5 years and 16+ 25 and over in your match day squad.
No team ever (maybe suns who have never made finals) go the draft every year.
I liked some of your older quick witted posting now it’s just boring drivel.
Humourless trolling

I used 2019 because that’s the year after your last top 10 pick
If your concerned about freos age demographic with
2019 3x top 10
2020 1 x top 15
2021 2x top 10

You must be quaking in your boots with Carlton not having a top 10 kid for 5 years and 16+ 25 and over in your match day squad.
No team ever (maybe suns who have never made finals) go the draft every year.
I liked some of your older quick witted posting now it’s just boring drivel.
Humourless trolling

You aren’t even debating what I have said.

Disappointing to see you derail another thread with Carlton trolling.

Not sure why Port did this deal so soon? - You will have both Essendon and Geelong going after that pick 23 (after doedee compo). Do port further try and split this pick for 2 later 2nds? to use with their existing picks to satisfy Geelong, Essendon and the dogs for Sweet.

An odd one from a timing perspective.

That seems like a terrible deal for Port. That pick is already 23 after the Doedee compo. And there are already 2x end of first round compo picks next year. There's a risk Port end up giving up a pick around 10 for 2 picks that end up late 20s and mid 30s.

If i was port i would have targeted NM's p19 either this year or one of their 2024 ones. Would have been a better deal given freos r2 next year could be in the 30s.

Yeah so am I, Our picks in 22/23 were used to bring in Jackson aka a real top end talent.

Yes. And now Freo have a pretty glaring two year gap in the age profile. One I think they will look to address over the coming years. Blues will do similar.

It’s not a dig at Freo who have made a good trade today.

Good trade by Freo. But that’s now two years without any real top end talent coming in. They’d want to hope Erasmus and Johnson kick on or that is a big gap in the age profile.

Port would want to hope they don’t drop off too much if at all.
If you love Freo that much, you want Port to finish bottom 6 lol

Since you got Walsh(1) in 2018
We’ve added
2019 Jackson (3) young (7) serong (8)
2021 Amiss (8) Erasmus (10)
I know your not out to get me but I’ve given up media because the s**t they dribble, I don’t want to give up bf freo threads because of your half arsed input
nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back