Recommitted Tom Hawkins [Signed for 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of chatter that Hawkins / Geelong are yet to come to an agreement for 2024.

Tom Hawkins and Geelong “some ways apart” on 2024 contract

Surely Melb would ask the question as he is still a very good player.
I was ready to say how full of s**t this rumour was when I saw it was a SEN link, then I saw it was an article transposed from Josh Jenkins on air.

Interesting, would be a hell of a pickup for any club in the window looking for a focal point that guarantees 40-60 goals a year. The bloke missed a few games this year, had essentially no pre-season and still snagged 49.

I doubt he goes anywhere. Huge story if he did though.

Sounds like a Buddy situation in his final year. Club trying to offer him minimum chips and Hawkins wanting the kind of contract that would better reflect his output and value to the team. Good on him. I highly expect Hawkins to be the type of player who still looks like he could go around again when he finally calls it a day.

Like he wants to drive from Ceres 3-4 times a week to Melbourne, please.

Sounds like a Buddy situation in his final year. Club trying to offer him minimum chips and Hawkins wanting the kind of contract that would better reflect his output and value to the team. Good on him. I highly expect Hawkins to be the type of player who still looks like he could go around again when he finally calls it a day.

Nah. It is just complete bs from trade radio. Hawkins always waits to the end of the trade period before signing on.

A lot of guesses floating around in here. I’m not itk, I’ve heard from some club staff down at the cattery the club and Hawkins are trying to work out if his body is up to it. Even if it is, is it good for him?

Back is ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. It is just complete bs from trade radio. Hawkins always waits to the end of the trade period before signing on.
Did you read the link. It was Josh Jenkins talking about his discussions with Hawkins.

My guess - the club is probably looking at phasing him out or reducing the amount of games he will play. He wants to play as many games as possible.

It would be shabby treatment if he was to leave.
You'd think that he would have been able to get plenty of better offers in his prime.
Doubt he'd move now though

Did you read the link. It was Josh Jenkins talking about his discussions with Hawkins.

My guess - the club is probably looking at phasing him out or reducing the amount of games he will play. He wants to play as many games as possible.

Anything from Josh Jenkins is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Ask Adelaide supporters about him in the media. He is now out of coaching and nailing his mast to the good ship Hutchy. Click bait is now his game.

Anything from Josh Jenkins is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Ask Adelaide supporters about him in the media. He is now out of coaching and nailing his mast to the good ship Hutchy. Click bait is now his game.
He talked about a phone conversation he had with Tom Hawkins. Nothing Jenkins has said is unreasonable.

The story actually came from Tom Morris, then Jenkins came on air said he spoke with Hawkins to hear from him and said he won’t be leaving.

I highly doubt he leaves, prob just getting his mate to talk to get a better contract .... but if he does, Melbourne should be taking him Veu De Monde and sweet talking him to join.

(Comment about how much Melbourne need a forward, not a fat joke)

A lot of guesses floating around in here. I’m not itk, I’ve heard from some club staff down at the cattery the club and Hawkins are trying to work out if his body is up to it. Even if it is, is it good for him?

Back is ****ed.

His back has been a major issue for a long time nearly a decade-he and the club have done well to manage it for him to miss as few games as he has (and he is very diligent at managing his body).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back