Recommitted Ollie Lord [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth at least two first round draft picks...

21 year old that is part of our best 22, tough & aggressive with plenty more upside
Their is a premium on young KPFs who make a direct impact in finals, you just cant find 21 year old players like this.
We put substantial investment into him and would fight to keep him....blah blah Geelong (Chris Scott) rhetoric

2 First rounders or bugger off!!
Thanks Geelong

Genuine question, has he showed anything at AFL level aside from his QF? Was awful in the semi final.
Showed a ton this year, kicked important goals in final quarter of a couple of games (Melbourne game stands out). Stood up and kept our structure alive when we were with Dixon. His only negative was his kicking. Kicked a number of out of bounds on the falls and behinds.

Almost impossible to value Lord currently. Projecting out 2-3 years, he could be worth pick 1 or he could be delisted.

I don’t see why Port would move him on unless an offer really turned our heads and if I were at another club I would want to sit back and try to poach him if he does kick on to A-grade status.

Slightly surprised it’s taken this long for his name to come up. He could really suit Melbourne or North I feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Creating this thread was a tremendous error of judgement. You can't accurately value him and this whole conversation will be a dumpster fire.

I like the kid, he certainly has heart. But his kicking and his lack of forward craft are definitely things that he has to either get right or go find a job in another industry. It's gonna be 2026 before you really know with him.

Gun to my head, you say pick 24 or Lord then I'm taking the pick despite it falling around 30 in a 50 pick draft.

Sav has done way more than him, in his career so far.
Such a stupid comment!
Esava 25 year old, failed up forward and has barely 1 year experience in defence which is average at best.
Lord is 21 years old who has shown far more potential than Esava up forward.

There is a 4 year age gap sad you cant understand this...

By the time Lord is 25 he would exceed Esava and whatever he did at 25.

Such a stupid comment!
Esava 25 year old, failed up forward and has barely 1 year experience in defence which is average at best.
Lord is 21 years old who has shown far more potential than Esava up forward.

There is a 4 year age gap sad you cant understand this...

By the time Lord is 25 he would exceed Esava and whatever he did at 25.
You don't think you're maybe overstating Lord's ability a teensy weensy bit?

Lord has kicked 15 goals in 13 games with an elite midfield sending it to him at the age of 21.

Schache kicked 13 goals from his first 13 games as an 18 year old being fed by a midfield that was getting absolutely flattened every week.

Butcher in his first 13 games was around the same age as Lord and he kicked 22 being fed by probably the worst performing Port Adelaide side ever fielded

Patton was the same age when he played his 13th game and he had kicked 14 in one of the worst professional AFL sides ever fielded.

I like Lord, he's a competitor that won't die wondering. That 4 goal performance probably bought him a 2 year extension. But at the end of that extension if he doesn't improve substantially he'll likely be delisted.

You don't think you're maybe overstating Lord's ability a teensy weensy bit?

Lord has kicked 15 goals in 13 games with an elite midfield sending it to him at the age of 21.

Schache kicked 13 goals from his first 13 games as an 18 year old being fed by a midfield that was getting absolutely flattened every week.

Butcher in his first 13 games was around the same age as Lord and he kicked 22 being fed by probably the worst performing Port Adelaide side ever fielded

Patton was the same age when he played his 13th game and he had kicked 14 in one of the worst professional AFL sides ever fielded.

I like Lord, he's a competitor that won't die wondering. That 4 goal performance probably bought him a 2 year extension. But at the end of that extension if he doesn't improve substantially he'll likely be delisted.

No we rate him highly internally and we are invested a lot into him and there is a premium on young KPF
He's growth will be exponential compared to Ratugolea. This is only his first year.

Be prepared to pay 2 first rounders if your club is keen thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back