Recommitted Nick Haynes [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

100% don't want Nick to leave GWS, but I am a bit surprised that Norths didn't make a stronger play for him. If their tall backline next year consists of Aiden Corr, Biggy Nyuon and Toby Pink ... they certainly could have done with an experienced intercept defender.

He's played 58 games in the last 3 years, and the only reason he wasn't being selected late this season was down to the new coach's preference for player/game style.

His 2024 salary would be the mechanism to get GWS to release a guy they value, but Norths needed to sell some sort of vision to Nick that he could buy into. But they seemed to fall into the trap of focussing on getting pick #7.

If you are being factual that some made claims as you are suggesting, it really wouldn't be difficult to back it up with quotes.

But you would prefer to get argumentive rather showing me a quote.

We all know why...

I can't be bothered asking again, because clearly you have nothing to back up your false claim.
No claim. Fact. No argument.

100% don't want Nick to leave GWS, but I am a bit surprised that Norths didn't make a stronger play for him. If their tall backline next year consists of Aiden Corr, Biggy Nyuon and Toby Pink ... they certainly could have done with an experienced intercept defender.

He's played 58 games in the last 3 years, and the only reason he wasn't being selected late this season was down to the new coach's preference for player/game style.

His 2024 salary would be the mechanism to get GWS to release a guy they value, but Norths needed to sell some sort of vision to Nick that he could buy into. But they seemed to fall into the trap of focussing on getting pick #7.

To be fair we very well may have attempted it but why would somebody with a great contract and two years left in a career relocate from an interstate prelim finalist to a bottom two side? We’re certainly not going to offer him more money.

Any realistic deal would hinge on GWS actively pushing him out and that doesn’t seem to be happening.

To be fair we very well may have attempted it but why would somebody with a great contract and two years left in a career relocate from an interstate prelim finalist to a bottom two side? We’re certainly not going to offer him more money.

Any realistic deal would hinge on GWS actively pushing him out and that doesn’t seem to be happening.
I mostly agree with this ... probably the thing Norths could have offered was more years and guaranteed game time (perhaps just in 2024) at decent wage. I suspect he will get a significantly lowered offer for 2025 from GWS given Kingsley's adjusted game approach. Also, he is Victorian and about to start a family, so ... there was probably an opening there. GWS did say they would aim to assist him if he wanted to leave ... so realistically that put the onus on another club to prise him out rather than us push him out.

As I said, Giants fans are happy with the result!

His manager said he was staying at GWS. That sounds like a decision to me.

A missed opportunity for North, IMHO.

They need a tall experienced defender. GWS would probably accept an F3 and pay half the wage. Maybe even an F4 coming back to North.

Instead it seems North have been focused on trying to get another first rounder, which GWS always said was not going to happen.

Nothing? I literally wrote where to find all the laughter, I mean info.
🤣whose whinging? Adelaide fans taking the itk from Carlton’s info of “Haynes and a pick is coming” and convert that to a “pick 7 because salary dump” has been hilarious.
Put a smile on my dial for a week.
C4[2]Yo`DooR didn't say a pick and Haynes were coming. They said the clubs were having a discussion. This is not quite the same thing.

I am confident Haynes is going to have a ripper of a 2024 season for GWS.

It's easy to forget he is a former AA player and B and F winner for The Giants.

Hasn't been in his best form the last couple of years, but he does seem to be pretty durable (from an injury perspective) and I think all these trade rumours could possibly be a leak from GWS for Haynes to get extra motivated !

I hope he retires as a Giant, he is a foundation player of the club.

In that case a few posters ran wild with the info …. But I’m pretty sure he said a pick, not 7 though
He was asked about which pick, and didn't know. Then came back with the joke about Reidy and pick 7, which may or may not have been interpreted as info on which was involved.
All the discussions were then based on "wow, what if...? ". Of course some were very hopeful. I can't remember anyone thinking it was a done deal???? Some idiots might have though...

He was asked about which pick, and didn't know. Then came back with the joke about Reidy and pick 7, which may or may not have been interpreted as info on which was involved.
All the discussions were then based on "wow, what if...? ". Of course some were very hopeful. I can't remember anyone thinking it was a done deal???? Some idiots might have though...
Always a couple of idiots who get a bit carried away this time of year ….

Do EH plus pick 10 if we take on his salary?

Always a couple of idiots who get a bit carried away this time of year ….

Do EH plus pick 10 if we take on his salary?
Sounds good to me, but I'm not an expert on who they'd want with those picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No WE get 10 as part of your EH salary dump ….. isn’t this how it works? ;)
It would if EH was being paid a lot. Which I hope he isn't, because he hasn't been very good. Late pick I'd imagine.

I’m not sure what you’re implying there …..
I am not implying anything. I am baldly stating that if Eliot Himmelberg was on a year deal of 1.3mil any club trying to offload his contract would need to come with a good draft pick considering he wouldn't be best 22 at any club other than North.

Just like Haynes.

But since Himmelbrrg isn't on an insane contract, Adelaide won't need to give up a pick to take on his contract. Hopefully that is clear now.

I am not implying anything. I am baldly stating that if Eliot Himmelberg was on a year deal of 1.3mil any club trying to offload his contract would need to come with a good draft pick considering he wouldn't be best 22 at any club other than North.

Just like Haynes.

But since Himmelbrrg isn't on an insane contract, Adelaide won't need to give up a pick to take on his contract. Hopefully that is clear now.
Hmmmmm interesting.

He said said Haynes, and a pick was involved.
Adelaide fans ran with it and said it was pick 7,
All through this thread and in the Adelaide forum. Was amusing.
Yeah, you might want to re-read

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back