Recommitted Dougal Howard [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be interesting. We want a first but wouldn’t expect hawks early pick. That’s two early. I don’t think you have any second either do you? Used them on weedle
We’ve got the dog’s 2nd.

You are still picking the 30th best available player

Those nga and fs aren’t part of the available pool so being pushed back really shouldn’t be used to undervalue a pick
Still don’t think that would be enough though. Just my opinion. I think he is on the table because he is one of our only players that we have leverage with

You are still picking the 30th best available player

Those nga and fs aren’t part of the available pool so being pushed back really shouldn’t be used to undervalue a pick
Pick 30 getting you the 36th best kid in the draft is worth less than Pick 30 getting you the 30th best kid in the drafts.

When people ascribe a value to a pick it’s based on the expectation of rankings without the total cohort. They don’t pretend the academy and F/S kids don’t exist even if they’re not available to them.

If he is available for pick 30 then Carlton should go hard for him, he'd push one of Gov or Marchbank out of the side (likely Marchy) and we'd have Young, Marchbank, Sam Durdin in our reserves as depth.

If Sam Durdin isn't offered a contract for 2024 and there is any truth to him wanting to leave then I think Carlton may be involved.

Just bizarre he isnt already lined up for Sydney really

As big a no brainer as Chol to Demons id have thought (which also doesnt seem likely)
Chol is s**t, hence why it is a no brainer. Whoever takes him shows that they have no brain.

Just bizarre he isnt already lined up for Sydney really

As big a no brainer as Chol to Demons id have thought (which also doesnt seem likely)
Curious why you disagree with him to Carlton - we have a great FB but our CHB's are undersized (McGovern, Marchbank, Kemp) or not talented enough (S Durdin)

I think having Dougal at CHB would be a huge coup for the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious why you disagree with him to Carlton - we have a great FB but our CHB's are undersized (McGovern, Marchbank, Kemp) or not talented enough (S Durdin)

I think having Dougal at CHB would be a huge coup for the Blues.

I just feel he creates the same problem you had when Lewis Young was in defense is all. I think you replace one problem with another and that is Howards lack of attacking intent. Im not sure Carlton need to worry too much about the tall defenders. Issues to me to focus on is still the area of small forwards and defensive aspects in the midfield

I just feel he creates the same problem you had when Lewis Young was in defense is all. I think you replace one problem with another and that is Howards lack of attacking intent. Im not sure Carlton need to worry too much about the tall defenders. Issues to me to focus on is still the area of small forwards and defensive aspects in the midfield
Yeah fair points, I rate Dougal defensively and structurally far beyond anyone we have except Weitering obviously but I concede I haven't watched too much of his footy except against us, and he always seems to be formidable.

Maybe I need to watch a little more of him and look beyond his defensive acts to see if he is stifling in the same way Young is.

Tom McDonald is also s**t

He is a clear and easy upgrade.
Tom McDonald at least isn't as soft as ice cream in 30 degree heat.

Chol makes Weideman look like Jono Brown

On a related point... what would the Saints want for Coffield?

Given the injury history, he seems like a very speculative investment now. But maybe that's not the view internally.

Would pick 19 for Howard and Coffield be around the mark, if the players were happy to go?
On of the future first would probably get it done unfortunately

On a related point... what would the Saints want for Coffield?

Given the injury history, he seems like a very speculative investment now. But maybe that's not the view internally.

Would pick 19 for Howard and Coffield be around the mark, if the players were happy to go?

We've offered Coffield a contract, so it seems like he'll stay.

Might mean we are more likely to trade Howard.

So you’re the guy.
485a6f004fd660ae0cb0a0d38edd87c3

I'm surprised there hasn't been more said about North being obvious candidates for him.

Mckay is gone, there is no shortage of cap space, and there are plentiful draft picks to work with, which is what the Saints will be after.
Wouldn't be surprised to see North offer one of those future firsts for him.

They need a key defender and they won't want to risk holding on to any of those future picks in case thet get taken off them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back