Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a bit more footy than that mate

Clark played the first six games in the VFL, debuted in the seniors in round 9 v Richmond, played a quarter coming on as sub and then didn’t play at any level for the rest of the season.

He would have most certainly played 12-15 senior games if not for injury.

Just wondering how people value Bailey against a player like Adam Cerra who when out of contract still netted Fremantle pick 6?

Obviously it’ll depend largely on his 2024 season, my bias is obvious so I’ll keep my opinion to myself, I’d be intrigued to see others views.

Just wondering how people value Bailey against a player like Adam Cerra who when out of contract still netted Fremantle pick 6?

Obviously it’ll depend largely on his 2024 season, my bias is obvious so I’ll keep my opinion to myself, I’d be intrigued to see others views.
Say we were to go for him next year and we had Pick 7 again, i'm assuming we'd offer that.

1 top ten FRP for an OOC guy is a good get. Obviously if he has a much better year Doggies push for more.

Smith is being played out of position. Play him in the middle and he would be the best midfielder for most teams, yet he's stuck behind Bont and Liba at the doggies.

He would easily command a top 10 draft pick. If he was keen on coming to the Swans I'd offer 1st and F1st draft pick in a heartbeat. Trading up if needed

Apparently he's a die hard hawks fan from when he was a little kid and is very keen to come to us.

And according to your ITK's, apparently Sav, McKay, Gresham, L. Henry, and Smith have all been 'basically done deals' this trade period.

Perhaps realise that even if ITK's are correct on some info, they don't have it all. You guys have no idea what Smith is thinking. If he was keen to come to you, there'd be less refusal by Connors to even entertain the idea. Whatever the outcome, it seems very unlikely that anything will happen this year.

I walked past my local Cotton Store the other day and saw a couple of cringe posters there featuring Bazlenka.

I still reckon he ends up at the Cattery if he leaves the Dogs (not this year though)

Don't think Hawthorn and Mitchell have sold themselves very well given how they treated Tom Mitchell in his final season at the club (i see no reason why Mitchell would make those recent comments in the media up, clearly he felt aggrieved and hurt)

Say what you want about Geelong, they look after their players and champions..

I walked past my local Cotton Store the other day and saw a couple of cringe posters there featuring Bazlenka.

I still reckon he ends up at the Cattery if he leaves the Dogs (not this year though)

Don't think Hawthorn and Mitchell have sold themselves very well given how they treated Tom Mitchell in his final season at the club (i see no reason why Mitchell would make those recent comments in the media up, clearly he felt aggrieved and hurt)

Mitchell insinuated something similar about Sydney. Bit of a beat up but not many good players get pushed out of two clubs. The only common denominator is him.

His dad was a bit of a campaigner too.

Dogs will want Baz to have a big season next year. I don't think he's going to stick around unless there are some big changes.

Underrated factor, we've been big on helping out player's through mental health issues in the past.
Baz is the face of Cotton On who we have direct links to, he's a surfer who's always down that way in his free time. Can see the appeal.

Apparently he's a die hard hawks fan from when he was a little kid and is very keen to come to us.
Apparently doing a lot of heavy lifting there. We have ITK's in our board too who have repeatedly said Smith and Cats have been linked.

Just because someone is ITK, doesn't mean they have all the secret insider stuff that clubs keep on lockdown and even then, how can we trust they aren't just FOS?

Underrated factor, we've been big on helping out player's through mental health issues in the past.
Baz is the face of Cotton On who we have direct links to, he's a surfer who's always down that way in his free time. Can see the appeal.

He's picking out the colour of his new John Deere as we speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably being the most community oriented club (least of all Vic clubs) helps Geelong in that factor.

Tyson Stengle turned his life and playing career around at Geelong, which is a strong testament to the strong culture at your club.

Probably being the most community oriented club (least of all Vic clubs) helps Geelong in that factor.

Tyson Stengle turned his life and playing career around at Geelong, which is a strong testament to the strong culture at your club.
Big reason why Carlton brought in Brian Cook as well.

Dude has had success wherever he goes. He knows that it starts at the top and sets the standards of the club from there.

Would take Cerra before Smith imo but value wise wouldn't be far off. If Cerra is worth pick 6, Smith is worth pick 8 imo.

And according to your ITK's, apparently Sav, McKay, Gresham, L. Henry, and Smith have all been 'basically done deals' this trade period.

Perhaps realise that even if ITK's are correct on some info, they don't have it all. You guys have no idea what Smith is thinking. If he was keen to come to you, there'd be less refusal by Connors to even entertain the idea. Whatever the outcome, it seems very unlikely that anything will happen this year.

Which ITK have said any of those things, as I dont recall any saying any of this.

Only seen them revealing that we have been interested in them prior to the media revealing it (because most of the media are so lazy they sit on BF all day clicking REFRESH in case they can see any rumours they can "break" themselves on Twitter).

Which ITK have said any of those things, as I dont recall any saying any of this.

Only seen them revealing that we have been interested in them prior to the media revealing it (because most of the media are so lazy they sit on BF all day clicking REFRESH in case they can see any rumours they can "break" themselves on Twitter).

RNL, KeeperLeaguer (I think that's how you spell it), and others that I can't quite recall.

I've kept tabs on everyone's boards since our season finished, and it was speculated quite a bit at various different times that all of those players were nearly over the line. RNL said in one post 'start planning for McKay in your backlines.'

Point is though, I'm not doubting that at some stage interest was shown, but, interest being shown does not equate to the player being just as interested in return. That was why I corrected the poster above to advise that he or anyone else has no idea what Smith is thinking - so does not know if he really is 'keen to come to Hawthorn.'

Would take Cerra before Smith imo but value wise wouldn't be far off. If Cerra is worth pick 6, Smith is worth pick 8 imo.

Smith's first 2 and a half seasons of footy was better than anything Cerra has produced, but for a number of reasons hasn't come close to reproducing that form since.

Although there is an argument that Bevo keeps playing Smith in the wrong position though.

There is a strong possibility in my opinionthat at least one of Bevo or Smith will leave the Kennel at the end of 2024 (if not both)

RNL, KeeperLeaguer (I think that's how you spell it), and others that I can't quite recall.

I've kept tabs on everyone's boards since our season finished, and it was speculated quite a bit at various different times that all of those players were nearly over the line. RNL said in one post 'start planning for McKay in your backlines.'

Point is though, I'm not doubting that at some stage interest was shown, but, interest being shown does not equate to the player being just as interested in return. That was why I corrected the poster above to advise that he or anyone else has no idea what Smith is thinking - so does not know if he really is 'keen to come to Hawthorn.'

Please find that quote from RNL? He very rarely posts and is generally spot on, so its possible it was much more of a "look out folks, we are going to make a move on a player" rather than "its in the bag, baby !!". I dont know who the other poster is.

Most of our ITK are far more careful these days because they got burned by the Coniglio trade where the club were 100% sure he was coming, then the AFL came in with a monster Ambassador $$$ offer to convince him to stay. Even got to the point where Kennett called out the AFL and slammed them for meddling - and never got a "please explain" because the AFL just wanted it to go away.

Please find that quote from RNL? He very rarely posts and is generally spot on, so its possible it was much more of a "look out folks, we are going to make a move on a player" rather than "its in the bag, baby !!". I dont know who the other poster is.

Most of our ITK are far more careful these days because they got burned by the Coniglio trade where the club were 100% sure he was coming, then the AFL came in with a monster Ambassador $$$ offer to convince him to stay. Even got to the point where Kennett called out the AFL and slammed them for meddling - and never got a "please explain" because the AFL just wanted it to go away..

Page 358 and post 8937 of your trade thread. I'm not a poster who just makes things up without receipts, lol.

Page 358 and post 8937 of your trade thread. I'm not a poster who just makes things up without receipts, lol.

A post in August. So as I said, he was revealing who the club are interested in. Months before Free agency started. When our supporters have a crack at the ITK for things like this, its why they dont post as much. He wasnt claiming a done deal.

Keeper league is so full of s**t hahaha, he gives off typical full of s**t ITK teenager that every board has. Baz was 80% done last week now today forget about it. They all eat up every word he says on there though 😂

A post in August. So as I said, he was revealing who the club are interested in. Months before Free agency started. When our supporters have a crack at the ITK for things like this, its why they dont post as much. He wasnt claiming a done deal.

That's not what was said at all. It had been speculated that he was deciding on clubs, and then RNL posted this exact post:

"Might be best to start planning with Big Ben in our back line.

*As of today."

I don't know how you can interpret that any other way. He specifically says 'as of today', to show that a deal is basically done. You'd had discussion about the possibility for months before that, and this was at the end of August when Ben was nearing a decision. Certainly the 94 posters who liked/loved it, and then the dozens of pages of 'we've got him' posts that followed, meant that your ilk thought so too.

That's not what was said at all. It had been speculated that he was deciding on clubs, and then RNL posted this exact post:

"Might be best to start planning with Big Ben in our back line.

*As of today."

I don't know how you can interpret that any other way. He specifically says 'as of today', to show that a deal is basically done. You'd had discussion about the possibility for months before that. Certainly the 94 posters who liked/loved it, and then the dozens of pages of 'we've got him' posts that followed, meant that your ilk thought so too.

To me "as of today" means "but tomorrow who knows"... as I said, the ITK folks dont make guarantee posts anymore unless its literally about to be signed.

Maybe nuance reading is required, and not taking everything literally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back