Recommitted Nick Haynes [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Haynes goes anywhere next year it will be to North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would have thought he would want to be a chance of playing finals though... so reckon he would prefer to remain at GWS & take his chances.

You are all over the place here. 1st you say it’s described as a salary dump(funnily enough by only those here and a few media guys saying it could be a good idea.)
Then you say we are open to discussing him being traded. Doesn’t sound like a club wanting to throw him out the door and giving away top picks.
‘Crows and GWS very much in talks for Nick Haynes salary dump’

What part of that doesn’t fit together with what I said?

‘Crows and GWS very much in talks for Nick Haynes salary dump’

What part of that doesn’t fit together with what I said?
Different to what you wrote and I quoted which was “Giants were open to a trade.”

Which very different to Giants very much in talks for salary dump.

Which again, the I’m yet to see where it’s Giants initiated.
It was Haynes.

Yeah that would make a lot of sense, tbh, unless you’re all in on the likes of Kallan Dawson

North has been in discussions with Haynes for months.
Dawson is raw, we need some experience and professionalism around our young players and Haynes would be excellent in that role.
I believe a deal is in play but there’s a bit to go before or if it gets over the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would depend on how much we pay .... it has been reported we are prepared to pay 500K. So do with that what you will.
Even if you pay 500 that is still 800 for a vfl/sanfl player.

The price would be pretty high I would imagine.

Gws can pay him for next year, or they could move him on with a decent pick and front end their current contracts to attack free agency the next few years. That way they won’t have the salary cap problems of the last few years from pushing payments back. They have more first round talent on their list than anyone. Being able to target free agents and plug holes in their team is better than another kid who probably won’t get a gig for a few years then probably heads back home for 2/10ths of * all. Also * paying a bloke over 1mill to sit in the twos or be sub. Let’s be serious, unless there’s a few injuries in the backline he isn’t in their best team next year

Different to what you wrote and I quoted which was “Giants were open to a trade.”

Which very different to Giants very much in talks for salary dump.

Which again, the I’m yet to see where it’s Giants initiated.
It was Haynes.
How does ‘being in talks for a salary dump’ not equate to GWS being open to a ‘salary dump’ trade? Make it make sense 😂

To be honest, I doubt GWS or Haynes initiated it. I reckon the Crows engaged both parties, and everyone seems at least somewhat open to the prospect of a deal happening

How does ‘being in talks for a salary dump’ not equate to GWS being open to a ‘salary dump’ trade? Make it make sense 😂

To be honest, I doubt GWS or Haynes initiated it. I reckon the Crows engaged both parties, and everyone seems at least somewhat open to the prospect of a deal happening
It may have come about due to GWS still chasing Himmelberg..

GWS probably floated it as another option in order to bring Adelaide to the table on Himmelberg.. which wouldve been put on the backburner when Chol nominated hawks..

sure.. Haynes doesnt replace a 200cm KPF/second ruck himmelberg.. but he does provide valuable experience and leadership down in defense to a very young crows side.. one thats just lost doedee.. and burgess can be the kpf that replaces himm, just not the second ruck.

Adelaide would probably sell it to haynes as a “you can replace hinge in defence/off half back and that will allow us to move hinge up to a wing where he can replace a cooked rory sloane.”.. hinge has been valuable in defense/half back all year but he would be far more valuable and damaging on a wing.

GWS probably floated it as another option in order to bring Adelaide to the table on Himmelberg.. which wouldve been put on the backburner when Chol nominated hawks..

sure.. Haynes doesnt replace a 200cm KPF/second ruck himmelberg.. but he does provide valuable experience and leadership down in defense to a very young crows side.. one thats just lost doedee.. and burgess can be the kpf that replaces himm, just not the second ruck.

Adelaide would probably sell it to haynes as a “you can replace hinge in defence/off half back and that will allow us to move hinge up to a wing where he can replace a cooked rory sloane.”.. hinge has been valuable in defense/half back all year but he would be far more valuable and damaging on a wing.
Ooh good point, frees up Burgess to play as a forward (or a defender if need, of course). I’d imagine, in the event of a Butts/Keane injury, Worrell goes to second KPD and Haynes comes in (I mean, Haynes could even be best 22, if Butts or Keane aren’t in form by round 1)

I still like Hinge as a half back, came on as quite a versatile two-way guy in that role last year, and seems to accumulate more in that role, too

Hawks have backed away from Choi offer, so would make releasing Berg easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. I wish I hadn't read all of that....plenty of wishful thinking imo.
People throwing around top ten picks for a bit of cap relief.
How much cap space would the Crows put on their pick 10? Whats it worth? Maybe they could take Haynes. We will pay all of his contract and we get pick 10?
????.. strange comment..

crows dont need cap relief..

we’re all just chating about the rumour (from a Carlton poster that normally have very good intel) that there are conversations being held over nick haynes and a potential trade involving a salary dump..

not sure why you seem all upset about that..

no one’s suggesting anything is set in stone or even going to happen..

Wow. I wish I hadn't read all of that....plenty of wishful thinking imo.
People throwing around top ten picks for a bit of cap relief.
How much cap space would the Crows put on their pick 10? Whats it worth? Maybe they could take Haynes. We will pay all of his contract and we get pick 10?
We don't need Haynes though... so that would be crazy!

Now if you offer one of your gun midfielders, happy to offer pick #10 & more.

Your midfield is 'stacked' And you've got Sloane for another year
If only...

We are I trouble if Sloane plays most games.

Would pay 2x 1sts for 1 of your gun midfielders... & throw in Berg as steak knives.

We have young guys coming through but we need a ready made player.

We don't need Haynes though... so that would be crazy!

Now if you offer one of your gun midfielders, happy to offer pick #10 & more.
My guess is if you don't need him you shouldn't bring him over on a 3 year (or so) contract or so just to try get a pick.
I think the only way he goes anywhere is if he's playing 1s and it extends his career.

Obviously you guys aren't gonna give us pick 10. Just like we aren't gonna give you pick 7 or 15 😉

????.. strange comment..

crows dont need cap relief..

we’re all just chating about the rumour (from a Carlton poster that normally have very good intel) that there are conversations being held over nick haynes and a potential trade involving a salary dump..

not sure why you seem all upset about that..

no one’s suggesting anything is set in stone or even going to happen..
'Salary dump' is a dirty phrase that only gets used when talking about GC (they did it so I guess that's fair) and US....coz we also expansion team I guess....?
GWS gave up Hopper for that pick 7. It's prized with the selections available...why would anyone wanna drop back 3 spots where the drafts goes down a gear?

'Salary dump' is a dirty phrase that only gets used when talking about GC (they did it so I guess that's fair) and US....coz we also expansion team I guess....?
GWS gave up Hopper for that pick 7. It's prized with the selections available...why would anyone wanna drop back 3 spots where the drafts goes down a gear?
Depends if the Giants recruiting team thinks the same ;)

Forgot about Collingwood, the kings of salary dumps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back