Recommitted Nick Haynes [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haynes would be an excellent pick up for North. Would add a lot of leadership and experience to the list. Our cap space should be fine for the next few years. No doubt North would try and package up some picks for GWS' pick 7 and Haynes.

Worst case, I'd be happy to take him on a two year deal paying most of that first year if GWS didn't want anything for him.

Haynes would be an excellent pick up for North. Would add a lot of leadership and experience to the list. Our cap space should be fine for the next few years. No doubt North would try and package up some picks for GWS' pick 7 and Haynes.

Worst case, I'd be happy to take him on a two year deal paying most of that first year if GWS didn't want anything for him.
I think that two years on average money from us (with GWS kicking in the rest) would help fill a hole for a token pick. If GWS want to offload some cap, something like Haynes and 7 for 17 and 18 with us paying everything.

Wasn't the question whether the term "salary dump" was ever applied to clubs that weren't GC/GWS?
Sure....but salary dump when you give up a pick coz you're a desperate expansion team.....otherwise is just a trade 😅
Its less of a 'dump' if the bin is giving you something valuable back. Magpies still got 27 out of that deal.

I should have added. 'salary dump where you give up a pick' but thought I was implied.

Sure....but salary dump when you give up a pick coz you're a desperate expansion team.....otherwise is just a trade 😅
Its less of a 'dump' if the bin is giving you something valuable back. Magpies still got 27 out of that deal.

I should have added. 'salary dump where you give up a pick' but thought I was implied.
It would be easier just to say you were wrong.

Adelaide thinking they’ll get a pick out of a deal for Haynes… they forgot about how the Hately deal went down with McCartney… 😂

Nah, wrong. 1.1 became 1.3 all of a sudden
The numbers are so insane for a VFL player that unless there is a pretty big pick coming with him it is better for all concerned if he stays where he is.

I guess maybe North are desperate and bad enough that that might work though? They clearly need all the help they can get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks fans still not over Cogs accepting less to stay I see.
Can you imagine if we had actually taken a broken down cogs on massive cash?

One of the luckiest things to ever happen to HFC.

He did have an absolutely vintage finals series in 2023 though, really turned back the clock.

Still, enjoy your 1.3 million dollar vfl player this year.

Yeh, you wouldn't be third last!
No. We would probably be 5th last. With 7+ million less in our cap over time.

As in, no different except with a worse draft pick, less cap space and less time given to our elite young mids to grow and learn.

Where do I sign up?

No. We would probably be 5th last. With 7+ million less in our cap over time.

As in, no different except with a worse draft pick, less cap space and less time given to our elite young mids to grow and learn.

Where do I sign up?
Let’s not make this thread about Cogs …. That’s been done to death

Remove this Banner Ad

Back