Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell insinuated something similar about Sydney. Bit of a beat up but not many good players get pushed out of two clubs. The only common denominator is him.

His dad was a bit of a campaigner too.

Dogs will want Baz to have a big season next year. I don't think he's going to stick around unless there are some big changes.
Titch clearly has a chip on his shoulder. I don't think him carrying on is a reflection on the Hawks

To me "as of today" means "but tomorrow who knows"... as I said, the ITK folks dont make guarantee posts anymore unless its literally about to be signed.

Maybe nuance reading is required, and not taking everything literally.

Excuse me? Lol, I love that you say that to me, and not the hundreds of your own posters who took it as I did in all their follow up posts - even mods.

Maybe nuance reading is required for them too, you little smartass.

Underrated factor, we've been big on helping out player's through mental health issues in the past.
Baz is the face of Cotton On who we have direct links to, he's a surfer who's always down that way in his free time. Can see the appeal.
I’m not sure Baz has spent one second of his life on a surfboard.

Excuse me? Lol, I love that you say that to me, and not the hundreds of your own posters who took it as I did in all their follow up posts - even mods.

Maybe nuance reading is required for them too, you little smartass.

Im sure our supporters need it as well. Especially the ones who get abusive at the ITK when things change.

I'd say most of our supporters were against the McKay offer. As many are against the Smith offer if it involves our 1st round pick from this year and next.

I said early on I dont think we have the picks the Dogs would want. And if we did, Id be worried about why they are willing to let Smith go for unders.

I’m not sure Baz has spent one second of his life on a surfboard.
He can barely keep his shirt on as it is.
He's certainly not throwing on a rashie and a wetsuit

Surely we’re not still throwing around “childhood club” are we?
Good lord. That becomes basically irrelevant when you get drafted.
Baz will choose what’s best for his future.
If you're weighing up between your childhood club and your current, and they're offering you the same money you'll pick your childhood club.

Dawson talked about this, he got a tour from Riccuto (his idol growing up) at his childhood club. It made his decision that much easier - Port never stood a chance

If you're weighing up between your childhood club and your current, and they're offering you the same money you'll pick your childhood club.

Dawson talked about this, he got a tour from Riccuto (his idol growing up) at his childhood club. It made his decision that much easier - Port never stood a chance

Dude.. whilst I respect your example provided.. Dawson was going from NSW.. back to his home state in SA.

If Baz was from WA and grew up as a freo fan.. and had to choose out of Freo and the eagles, then yeah that would make sense.

This is two Victorian clubs. If the same opportunity and money was on offer between us and Hawthorn, he isn’t choosing Hawthorn purely because he supported them growing up.

Chris Grant was offered the biggest brown paper bag you've ever seen (in real terms) to go to his boyhood club.
Knocked it back the day it was tabled.

Smith's first 2 and a half seasons of footy was better than anything Cerra has produced, but for a number of reasons hasn't come close to reproducing that form since.

Although there is an argument that Bevo keeps playing Smith in the wrong position though.

There is a strong possibility in my opinionthat at least one of Bevo or Smith will leave the Kennel at the end of 2024 (if not both)
Going forward Cerra is the "safer bet" to play 200 games though, potential probably not as high as Smith's, but Cerra doesn't come with any baggage.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude.. whilst I respect your example provided.. Dawson was going from NSW.. back to his home state in SA.

If Baz was from WA and grew up as a freo fan.. and had to choose out of Freo and the eagles, then yeah that would make sense.

This is two Victorian clubs. If the same opportunity and money was on offer between us and Hawthorn, he isn’t choosing Hawthorn purely because he supported them growing up.
He'd already decided he was leaving the Swans, but he still hadn't decided between Port & the Crows. Once both clubs had showed him around it was a no brainer. The decision was between 2 SA clubs

In that scenario would he choose Hawthorn purely because they were his childhood club? Probably not, but would it influence his decision? Absolutely it would

He'd already decided he was leaving the Swans, but he still hadn't decided between Port & the Crows. Once both clubs had showed him around it was a no brainer. The decision was between 2 SA clubs

In that scenario would he choose Hawthorn purely because they were his childhood club? Probably not, but would it influence his decision? Absolutely it would

There is a big difference in going back home to your home state and choosing your childhood team out of two clubs if they are both chasing you.. and choosing your childhood team out of two Victorian teams when you’re already in Victoria. It just doesn’t happen lol. He’ll be going after money / best opportunity to succeed and if he’s happy at the dogs, the relationships a player already forms will absolutely heavily outweigh a childhood team.

Surely we’re not still throwing around “childhood club” are we?
Good lord. That becomes basically irrelevant when you get drafted.
Baz will choose what’s best for his future.

He'll be at Hawthorn. Dogs have dug their heels in this year - which is absolutely their right and I would too - so it will probably be in 12 months time when his contract is up.

But he will end up at Hawthorn.

He'll be at Hawthorn. Dogs have dug their heels in this year - which is absolutely their right and I would too - so it will probably be in 12 months time when his contract is up.

But he will end up at Hawthorn.
Nek Minute! Geelong swoop in

I think Baz would already know whether he is leaving or not. The art of saying a lot without saying anything will be in full force with him and his management all year which will be annoying for the fans. The longer the year goes without a deal the more likely he is gone too, don't think we'll get a late re-committed like Darcy Parish this year.

I think Baz would already know whether he is leaving or not. The art of saying a lot without saying anything will be in full force with him and his management all year which will be annoying for the fans. The longer the year goes without a deal the more likely he is gone too, don't think we'll get a late re-committed like Darcy Parish this year.
On the flip side, Baz has tanked his value in the past 18 months or so. It wouldn’t be a good decision for him to sign before the season for commercial reasons and would be backing himself to get back to his best before signing any deal. I wouldn’t expect him to have signed in the first half of the season even in a best case scenario.

I don't want him but I want the Swans to offer him some huge contract so the Bulldogs are forced to match.

We can do a North, as they spent a few years doing this to quite a few players in the league, offering big money and forcing the players original club to pay overs to keep said player.

I don't want him but I want the Swans to offer him some huge contract so the Bulldogs are forced to match.

We can do a North, as they spent a few years doing this to quite a few players in the league, offering big money and forcing the players original club to pay overs to keep said player.
Wow, you're brilliant.. and the type of flog thing I'd expect from supporters of your club

I doubt we'd match anything crazy. He's also not a free agent so we'd get a decent return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back