Recommitted Logan McDonald [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sold on him yet admittedly don’t see a heap of the swans
Could be a star certainly not dismissing him.
Want to see amiss Treacy Sturt and Jackson for another year and McDonald for that matter before selling the farm

The snippets i have seen have been enough to make me think he's a player.

He's in for a pretty decent breakout in 2024 IMO which i actually don't think increases his value from where it is now as i think Freo and Sydney both rate him to his potential.

The snippets i have seen have been enough to make me think he's a player.

He's in for a pretty decent breakout in 2024 IMO which i actually don't think increases his value from where it is now as i think Freo and Sydney both rate him to his potential.
That’s my thinking price won’t change much if he breaks out happy to pay extra.

Lol. Nick averaged twice as many disposals and almost the same number of goals while playing a bunch of time in defence. He had come off winning the rising star the year before. Logan McDonald was dropped during finals last year.

What are you trying to prove here? Of course some key forwards start slowly (Reiwoldt was not one of them). Is this supposed to be a positive now?

We've got people saying he's worth more than 3x first rounders here. And the defence isn't that he's actually going well it's that it's not unheard of for a guy going this badly to come good? Wow yeah better make it 4x first rounders:drunk:
What will the offer be for Logan?
900k for 7 or 8 years?
Not bad for somebody that got dropped

I would do it if it meant not having to pay a draft pick for him. I think he is worth the gamble
Yeah, I don't think clubs at that rude these days.
It's only when clubs ask for ridiculous overs ala geelong this year for Esava.
If Freo made a big offer, assume a low and a mid range first rounder would get it done.

If Freo made a big offer, assume a low and a mid range first rounder would get it done.
If we offered him a big deal next year and he accepted, expect an absolute bounty of picks for him. We seem to think paying less for OOC players is only something other teams do.

If we offered him a big deal next year and he accepted, expect an absolute bounty of picks for him. We seem to think paying less for OOC players is only something other teams do.
I think Freo pay the right amount, the Luke Jackson deal was fair.
I thought you would finish much higher

Yeah, I just remember when you paid zero draft picks for the best player in the AFL era in his prime. Would happily return the favour, even just a little bit.

Funnily enough, another northern club also got the other best player of the AFL era for no draft picks too.

Must be nice.

Yeah, I just remember when you paid zero draft picks for the best player in the AFL era in his prime. Would happily return the favour, even just a little bit.

Funnily enough, another northern club also got the other best player of the AFL era for no draft picks too.

Must be nice.
You could've matched... you didn't
That was free agency...

You could've matched... you didn't
That was free agency...
No. We couldn't. Our budget isn't underwritten by afl house.

Bud gets a career ending injury at 31 and our cap is destroyed for dalf a dozen years.

Only an afl backed club could take that risk.

No. We couldn't. Our budget isn't underwritten by afl house.

Bud gets a career ending injury at 31 and our cap is destroyed for dalf a dozen years.

Only an afl backed club could take that risk.
We were held to buddy's contract, as a free agent there is no way out.
Check out the rules before running your mouth

We would held to buddy's contract, as a free agent there is no way out.
Check out the rules before running your mouth
I know the rules. Sydney would have been bailed out. Afl needs sydney and we all know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what happens when a player retires still in contract. There's no allowing lol. Also Boyd & Beams were traded not FA's.
All true, but beams was still paid outside the cap. That isn't legal but it happened, and "made legal" by the AFL against its own rules. Collingwood were bailed out.

Not sure about Boyd, but I believe part of his contract was also paid outside the cap. Others may know better than me.

Everybody knows if hawthorn had matched the contract they would not have been bailed out though.

All true, but beams was still paid outside the cap. That isn't legal but it happened, and "made legal" by the AFL against its own rules. Collingwood were bailed out.

Not sure about Boyd, but I believe part of his contract was also paid outside the cap. Others may know better than me.

Everybody knows if hawthorn had matched the contract they would not have been bailed out though.
Boyd was not paid outside the cap. When he retired he accepted no pay out because he was heavily front loaded.

Boyd was not paid outside the cap. When he retired he accepted no pay out because he was heavily front loaded.
I have heard otherwise, but I have no special knowledge. He left an awful lot on the table. An awful lot.

I have heard otherwise, but I have no special knowledge. He left an awful lot on the table. An awful lot.
Had 2 years left on what would be like 700k. He was paid in 2016 like close to 2mil including his bonuses or such after his rookie contract ended in 2015 because he was the only player at the dogs on a huge contract that year.

They have their own, Port's and Collingwood's first round picks.

Pick 10, 14 and 18 is not going to get it done.

In saying that though I very much hope McDonald re-signs with us.
Should pull a Hawks/Croad manoeuvre IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back