Recommitted Logan McDonald [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is sort of the point. Hawkins is the poster child for the slow developing key forward cause he was really poor until late in his fifth season.

But most gun key forwards don't start quite so slow. There are a lot of young key forwards with similar stats to that. How many have careers like Hawkins?
Key position players take a while to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins was a famously slow starter. Not sure he is a great comparison point.

I do really like the look of mcdonald (particularly that game he single handedly killed my entire team) and wish we threw a billion dollar contract at him as revenge over bud.

Hawkins was a famously slow starter. Not sure he is a great comparison point.

I do really like the look of mcdonald (particularly that game he single handedly killed my entire team) and wish we threw a billion dollar contract at him as revenge over bud.

What about Barry Hall, Nick Riewoldt and Josh Kennedy who McDonald is also ahead of?

You can't compare a modern KPF to a KPF from the 80's and 90's as it was so much easier to kick goals back then.

I was just comparing McDonald to some of the best key forwards who debuted in the last 20 years.
I get that, the discussion just reminded me what a freak the Horse was.

Coleman and 98 goals in an ordinary team at 19 years of age. Had he not have done his knees could have been anything.

1697445859991.png

The point is that Logan is progressing well. He is up there with all the key forwards of the modern era except for Buddy.

Jack Darling had kicked over twice as many goals, had around 400 more disposals and about 125 extra marks (including 60 more contested) at the same point in his career.

Jack has still been a very consistent player and hit some very good heights, but never how he was tracking early.

Logan could still go either way I think.

Lol. Nick averaged twice as many disposals and almost the same number of goals while playing a bunch of time in defence. He had come off winning the rising star the year before. Logan McDonald was dropped during finals last year.

What are you trying to prove here? Of course some key forwards start slowly (Reiwoldt was not one of them). Is this supposed to be a positive now?

We've got people saying he's worth more than 3x first rounders here. And the defence isn't that he's actually going well it's that it's not unheard of for a guy going this badly to come good? Wow yeah better make it 4x first rounders:drunk:

Jack Darling had kicked over twice as many goals, had around 400 more disposals and about 125 extra marks (including 60 more contested) at the same point in his career.

Jack has still been a very consistent player and hit some very good heights, but never how he was tracking early.

Logan could still go either way I think.
yep

sam weidemann played in a far worse team, yet at the same age as mcdonald was looking to be tracking toward being a quite serviceable key forward if he maintained an upward trajectory

josh schache isnt really far off mcdonald in a stat comparison at the same age

you cant just post these stat comparisons and try make a point as to how these players will look in 3-4 years based on how others at the same point ended up

He's too much of an unknown quantity. I have the Swans winning the flag next year, so his price will largely depend on how he contributes to the flag.

yep

sam weidemann played in a far worse team, yet at the same age as mcdonald was looking to be tracking toward being a quite serviceable key forward if he maintained an upward trajectory

josh schache isnt really far off mcdonald in a stat comparison at the same age

you cant just post these stat comparisons and try make a point as to how these players will look in 3-4 years based on how others at the same point ended up
Come on mate. He's matching Hawkins at the same age. Definitely should be the most valuable trade in AFL history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back