Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want him but I want the Swans to offer him some huge contract so the Bulldogs are forced to match.

We can do a North, as they spent a few years doing this to quite a few players in the league, offering big money and forcing the players original club to pay overs to keep said player.
Dude is a gun. He's exactly the type of player we're missing and would set our midfield up for years

I don't want him but I want the Swans to offer him some huge contract so the Bulldogs are forced to match.

We can do a North, as they spent a few years doing this to quite a few players in the league, offering big money and forcing the players original club to pay overs to keep said player.

Like you did with Naughton? 🤭🤭

Yep. Easier to get a player from the Bulldogs you actually want if you force the Bulldogs to overpay for players you don't want.

I am sure Sydney did want Naughton, but he is not worth what we were offering.

I’m very much ITK regarding Jamarra. He isn’t leaving the bulldogs.
I am much less convinced with Smith though.

We could if the Bulldogs can't afford the $1 million a year contract at least the Swans might be offering.

If Naughton and Smith are both on over a million a season it would be hard to fit in someone else with a similar contract.
JUH would be the priority and he won't be on that... he won't sign beyond free agency

We could if the Bulldogs can't afford the $1 million a year contract at least the Swans might be offering.

If Naughton and Smith are both on over a million a season it would be hard to fit in someone else with a similar contract.

Are the doggies the only club to have multiple players on a million a year? I wouldn’t think so.

Works both ways my man. Fremantle will absolutely ensure you’ll be paying top dollar for Logan McDonald.

You better keep some space for Gulden, McDonald, Rowbottom, Florent and Hayward.

Are the doggies the only club to have multiple players on a million a year? I wouldn’t think so.

Works both ways my man. Fremantle will absolutely ensure you’ll be paying top dollar for Logan McDonald.

You better keep some space for Gulden, McDonald, Rowbottom, Florent and Hayward.

Rowbottom, Florent and Hayward definitely are not earning close to a million a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you missed the point.

They still need to be signed and they are quality players. You’ll be paying top dollar for McDonald and Guldens next contract will be big.

Money doesn’t grow on trees for only your club.

True but the Bulldogs potentially have Bont, Naughton, Smith and JUH all on million dollar contracts. Something might have to give.

Can you stop pretending that your football team is as petty as its supporters.

They’re not strategically offering deals to player A in hope of getting player B. It’s an absurd line of thinking and you either believe it and are stupid or don’t believe it and are sprouting nonsense to try and get a rise.

Just means he got offered a bigger brown paper bag to stick at the Doggies
The absolute level of lunacy to think that the 1996 Footscray Bulldogs could even afford the brown paper bag to begin with, let alone the actual cash to put in it, is beyond hilarious.

The absolute level of lunacy to think that the 1996 Footscray Bulldogs could even afford the brown paper bag to begin with, let alone the actual cash to put in it, is beyond hilarious.
You dare to question BloodySwan??

Mate, he is the world's largest ITK - we all need to accept that! :D

...except Dogs wouldn't match - Swans would need to cough up the overs :D:D

Swans with cap problems for years :D

On the flip side, Baz has tanked his value in the past 18 months or so. It wouldn’t be a good decision for him to sign before the season for commercial reasons and would be backing himself to get back to his best before signing any deal. I wouldn’t expect him to have signed in the first half of the season even in a best case scenario.
100%, plus team performance will drive a lot of this. If he is playing well and the team is firing suddenly the grass isn't as greener to go to a Hawks team that won't contend for 3-4 years if at all or a Cats team potentially on the decline etc...

100%, plus team performance will drive a lot of this. If he is playing well and the team is firing suddenly the grass isn't as greener to go to a Hawks team that won't contend for 3-4 years if at all or a Cats team potentially on the decline etc...
Your assured claim that Hawthorn won't contend for 3-4 years is pretty hopeful.

With Bevo as coach, more than likely, the team will not be firing

Best chance is without Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back