Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I think everyone knows what he's capable of, he's just out of position. Don't see his value dropping on another year like this year. If he goes back on the inside and has a down year then sure but doubt it
Everyone knows what he’s capable of, but if he has another down year his value drops just like any other player in the comp.

Everyone knows what he’s capable of, but if he has another down year his value drops just like any other player in the comp.
If he drops right off, it would probably come down to a simple swap of Baz and Newcombe, with a 2nd rounder coming back to the Dogs.

AmIdoinitright?

If he drops right off, it would probably come down to a simple swap of Baz and Newcombe, with a 2nd rounder coming back to the Dogs.

AmIdoinitright?
You're talking to the club and supporter base that thinks Jacob Koschitzke is worth a second rounder and Brockman worth more than a 3rd

Hawks fans are so delusional lol, honestly have a think about it. Whether we can compete or not we’re trying to win a flag next year of which Smith is critical. Why would we give him up a year early for a future pick we can’t even use right now, making us worse and the team whose future pick we’d have, better. Obviously in that scenario we’d prefer the extra year of Smith and if he wanted to go to the hawks trade him for the exact same pick next year at minimum?

You can be biased but use your head a bit ffs, tell me how that makes sense for us? If you want him this year you pay up with assets we can use.

Hawks fans are so delusional lol, honestly have a think about it. Whether we can compete or not we’re trying to win a flag next year of which Smith is critical. Why would we give him up a year early for a future pick we can’t even use right now, making us worse and the team whose future pick we’d have, better. Obviously in that scenario we’d prefer the extra year of Smith and if he wanted to go to the hawks trade him for the exact same pick next year at minimum?

You can be biased but use your head a bit ffs, tell me how that makes sense for us? If you want him this year you pay up with assets we can use.
What’s biased about saying “there’s an offer on the table, Dogs will take it or they won’t”?

Have you seen anyone saying Dogs will take it, or that it’s definitely happening?

All I’m seeing in here is strawmen arguments and hissy fits at the mere suggestion.

You're talking to the club and supporter base that thinks Jacob Koschitzke is worth a second rounder and Brockman worth more than a 3rd
Except most don’t think that, don’t be fooled by the vocal minority.

Jai Newcombe Sicily and pick 4 for smith and a future 10th rounder coming back, thats how ludicrous the hawks trade suggestions are,

Would hawks fans trade Jai Newcombe for a future first say pick 8 and a slide from pick 5 to 4

A look at the crap pick upgrade and next years first rounder that will be much lower than this year tells you their supporter base is advocating for a rip off

Hawks probably still bottom 4 in 2024. Teams around us are getting better and we are not

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather keep pick 4 and more importantly next year's first. No way is he worth that much. Rather just try to upgrade to pick one or status quo. All parties move on .

You keep copy and pasting this in threads

get some help

Would much rather we just wait the 12 months and get him for free via free agency.
That probably opens him up for us to be in the mix for him, although he's not a Free Agent he's just OOC. Which means a trade still needs to be done.
We'll have a lot of money opened up through retirements, the picks, the culture he likes (surf coast lifestyle) plus a guaranteed spot in our midfield/wing rotation.

For a guy like him that wants to be out of the spotlight of Melbourne, that's perfect for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back