Recommitted Kaine Baldwin [re-signed for 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Baldwin is competing for Zerks spot, really.
Because we have a weird thing where we only want 1 key defender at any time.

That's only if you don't consider Laverde a KPD, which functionally speaking, there is no doubt that is what he is.
Functionally speaking yes, but he has always struggled with key forwards. He'd be better placed as a medium defender

Crows might also show him some interest especially with Murray doing his ACL and Doedee out till mid next year with his ACL. Borlace makes his debut this week and Keane last week (he played 5 games 3 years ago for Collingwood before going home to Ireland) with Butts also injured atm defensive stocks are very low so i'm sure the club will be after at least 1 key defender that's ready to play straight away, so Baldwin might have both the Crows and Port offering him a contract and a spot in their best 22 from round 1 and he is a S.A. lad too

Will trade you a Dan Howe or Charlie Lazzaro?

Liked Kaine in his draft year and was hoping we grabbed him late main draft, would love North to consider here.

Will trade you a Dan Howe or Charlie Lazzaro?

Liked Kaine in his draft year and was hoping we grabbed him late main draft, would love North to consider here.
Pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazz may actually work for you, however what would you think his value is?

Late 3rd/early 4th?
A small forward who's kicked 3 goals in 30 games? Pass

A small forward who's kicked 3 goals in 30 games? Pass

You are thinking Spicer.

Lazzaro has been tearing up as a vfl mid, never plays mid for us when given a senior run.

Stuck behind LDU, Wardlaw, Phillips and Greenwood for that solid inside role.

I'd give a lower end pick for Kaine, definately think he has some value.

You are thinking Spicer.

Lazzaro has been tearing up as a vfl mid, never plays mid for us when given a senior run.

Stuck behind LDU, Wardlaw, Phillips and Greenwood for that solid inside role.

I'd give a lower end pick for Kaine, definately think he has some value.
Fair enough but we have enough undersized inside mids.

If McKay chooses us and Baldwin chooses you I can see him being part of that deal. I still hope we can retain him and Zerk.

totally the type of player north should go after with a 2 year deal, north can then happily cut bonar, young,dawson and go after a young tall in the draft

North should be going after both Baldwin and Massimo considering your backline

Both wouldnt cost much in a straight trade
Our posters have been very keen on Massimo since before his recruitment. Baldwin has looked solid at both levels too.

The re-signing of Heppell means I think Baldwin's spot on the list is gone.

Which is s**t. Whoever gets him from us will have a real player.

What's the idea behind Hep playing on? Is it just for leadership with BZT, Cox and others still developing? Looks past it and think it's time Ridley, Redman and others took over that general of defence role.

The re-signing of Heppell means I think Baldwin's spot on the list is gone.

Which is s**t. Whoever gets him from us will have a real player.

Laverde looks cooked to me. Beats me why Brad favoured him over Baldwin (whom to be fair I have seen very little of)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back