Traded Brodie Grundy [traded to Sydney for #46 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney have clearly pitched to a contracted player so onus is on them to get the deal done.
Or just keep the best backup ruckman on our list for when we need them.

Sounds the like sky is falling. Guy got paid 800k to play half a season, isn’t the worst thing to happen in the world. Pretty sure most people here would prefer that over there 9-5 but yeah, let’s all feel sorry for the bloke whose doing it tough.

Clubs were lining up for his services so his obviously an in-demand commodity.

Is a pick in the 30s and 46 what you thought the Swans would pay considering they” pitched” to him?

Why is that ridiculous? Sydney have taken on the entire Melbourne portion of the contract for the player they have acquired from Melbourne.

Yeah even as a Sydney supporter I am not bothered by this. We recruited him so we pay the rest of his salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is that ridiculous? Sydney have taken on the entire Melbourne portion of the contract for the player they have acquired from Melbourne.

A question about that, don’t players get given new contracts when traded? I would assume that the contract would be made with each individual club (who would be paying them) rather than the AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous that Melbourne are not paying a cent but it is what it is I guess.
Why would Melbourne need to pay anything to Grundy?

Nah Sydney went after Grundy, Adams went to Sydney after he was given a nudge from Collingwood, weeks before the Grand Final. Pies want his salary off the books, they just not saying it. Swans needs a ruckman, not another midfielder
So Beatson explained in an interview this afternoon that they were approached mid year about Grundy as he was unhappy at Melbourne.

When asked about Adams, he said his management contacted him between Prelim and GF, so that wasn’t initially planned.

So either your sources are completely off or you are just full of shiit.

Last edited:
So Beatson explained in an interview this afternoon that they were approached mid year about Grundy as he was unhappy at Melbourne.

When asked about Adams, he said his management contacted him between Prelim and GF, so that wasn’t initially planned.

So either your sources are completed off or you are just full of shiit.

Regardless how much i liked a player that would irk me considerably going to a rival club in the middle of finals.

Regardless how much i liked a player that would irk me considerably going to a rival club in the middle of finals.
Yeah I wonder whether Adams was down having to miss the GF with injury, or whether he always planned to do it, but rather than wait post GF, he just felt there was no need to wait. If it gets him more misfiled time and an extension to his career, maybe that was always going to happen.

Deserved a premiership given what he gave the club. I think every Collingwood fan will be wishing him the best.

He played more senior games and kicked more senior goals in 2023 then in 2022

He had a longer riskier contract in 2022 then he does in 2023

He was pushed out in 2022 where as Dees happy to hold in 2023

He had injury clouds in 2022 where he is fit in 2023

But yeah, worth more in 2022 right? Lol

Less AFL games / goals + injury clouds + riskier contract + being pushed out = higher value to some in here.

Comical

Works for me. Just hope we got somewhere to spend this 1.4M

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

So either your sources are completed off or you are just full of shiit.
September 16, which is Semi final weekend, Adams had already contacted Sydney. Beatson is full of shiit that that he contacted between the Prelim and GF. 8CFD3016-C521-42A8-8F45-A30E25534DE5.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back