Traded Mabior Chol [Traded with #62 to Hawthorn for F2 (Bris)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Might end up a 4 way trade with Port included.

Richmond Receive: Kosi
Hawthorn Receive: Chol
Port Receive: Soldo
GC Receive: Port Future 2nd

Few picks being exchanged in between. Port will need some picks coming their way to satisfy their Esava and BZT trades.

Surely chol isn't really being paid 800k is he? That is mind boggling insane. Surely it can't be true.

If it is though, GC should absolutely be sending a pick with him to get that horrific price off their books.
$400 pa, I assume the comment was on the remainder of his contract

Hope we walk then unless the Tigers are offering it up for Kozi (they won't).

He just simply is not worth that.
Hard to see how his value has gone up since his FA compo, but the market is crazy for KPP right now.

I think we need to see a few of the other deals go through first to know who's being unrealistic between GC, Hawks, Tigers.

Suns are happy to pay 6% of their cap on a guy playing in the VFL ?
Obviously, rumoured 400-425K per year is not 6% of the cap. Do math again please.

OK, I will help you. After 10% cap increase for 2023 and 425K it's 2.8% (3.1% before 10% increase). 400K is 2.6% (2.9%), respectively.

BTW, rumoured Hawks offer 500K per year is 3.3% after 10% cap increase.

Last edited:
Chol won't stay at GC - pretty confident.

A deal will get done - even if it is last minute.

I think very unlikely GC get Hawthorn's F2 (unless GC give something else of significance back)- but that's ok, seller always starts high - just like Hawthorn with pick 25 for Kozi, etc.

A reasonable deal involving future 3rd's and 4th's will likely get done.

Might end up a 4 way trade with Port included.

Richmond Receive: Kosi
Hawthorn Receive: Chol
Port Receive: Soldo
GC Receive: Port Future 2nd

Few picks being exchanged in between. Port will need some picks coming their way to satisfy their Esava and BZT trades.
Richmond wouldn't do that lol Kosi does not have the same value Soldo has.

Obviously, rumoured 400-425K per year is not 6% of the cap. Do math again please.

OK, I will help you. After 10% cap increase for 2023 and 425K it's 2.8% (3.1% before 10% increase). 400K is 2.6% (2.9%), respectively.

BTW, rumoured Hawks offer 500K per year is 3.3% after 10% cap increase.
Calculating off the last year of a contract (or the first) is wrong. You need to average over the years of the contract as a proportion of the caps in those years, preferably using geometric rather than arithmetic averaging. Hard to know, but I suspect the Hawthorn % is actually lower.

I wish we had actual numbers to work with :(

Richmond wouldn't do that lol Kosi does not have the same value Soldo has.

That's why I said there will be some swaps of picks in between.

I CBF going into what is fair value for those swaps.

I can see the four way trade forming a basis of it though.

Chol won't stay at GC - pretty confident.

A deal will get done - even if it is last minute.

I think very unlikely GC get Hawthorn's F2 (unless GC give something else of significance back)- but that's ok, seller always starts high - just like Hawthorn with pick 25 for Kozi, etc.

A reasonable deal involving future 3rd's and 4th's will likely get done.
I’m starting to think it will settle on F3 and swap of your pick 44 for our 62, you don’t spend your f2 and we get 200 for this year.

However if the club still wants him we may stick to our guns

I’m starting to think it will settle on F3 and swap of your pick 44 for our 62, you don’t spend your f2 and we get 200 for this year.

However if the club still wants him we may stick to our guns
That is starting to look close I think.

I think Hawthorn will trade Kosi to Richmond for an F3, plus an upgrade of late picks this year to get extra points for Hawthorn.

Then Gold Coast will get two F3's (Haw and Rich) for Chol plus an F4.

Then Hawks give an F4 to Essendon for Massimo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hawthorn will trade Kosi to Richmond for an F3, plus an upgrade of late picks this year to get extra points for Hawthorn.

Then Gold Coast will get two F3's (Haw and Rich) for Chol plus an F4.

Then Hawks give an F4 to Essendon for Massimo.

We can just pick D’Ambrosio up for nothing as a DFA in 2 weeks. No need to offer anything more than we already did - pick 63. Bombers have no reason to accept that other than to make it easier for Massimo.

We’ll want at least one F3 to allow more freedom with pick trades. Doubt we give up two F3’s.

I reckon whatever we get for Kosi and a pick upgrade will be the offer for Chol. Way too much carry on about role players.

Don't know where this idea came that Chol is on massive money, he is on around $400k-450k, just above average. I'm not sure how the club feel but I personally would have no issue holding Chol for another year.
Seems like the best result for everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back