Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

F2 is a good result for the Crows, good to see them finally come to their senses and realise there was zero chance of them getting a player.

Good deal for both teams, we get a player who will make our forwardline better, crows get a decent pick

I'm not trading Petty

Lol, ask most Adelaide fans. They think this is highway robbery.
Where has this narrative shift come from? Most crows fans here have said mid-late second for ages, it was dees fans saying he’d never be traded for anything in the second round.

F2 is a good result for the Crows, good to see them finally come to their senses and realise there was zero chance of them getting a player.

Good deal for both teams, we get a player who will make our forwardline better, crows get a decent pick
The only thing I might have liked to have seen to help a little into next year but it would have been splitting hairs and arguing over nothing really would have been one of:
McAdam and F3 for the two F2's Melbourne have or McAdam and F4 for F2 and F3 from Melbourne.

But in the end F2 is enough to get it over the line and happy enough with it.

Don't get the price for Melbourne, he'll be in and out of the team all year.
Pick ~30-35 in a future draft?

I'd much rather McAdam's output when we're supposed to be in a flag window, personally.

Pick ~30-35 in a future draft?

I'd much rather McAdam's output when we're supposed to be in a flag window, personally.
Finished 7th in our B&F twice in last 4 years.

Realistically the pick will be in the 30s. Possibly late 30s. Remember on top of F/S, academy and FA compo north also have the 2 end of first rounders they were given. I’m not expecting Melbourne to drop out of finals at this point.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically the pick will be in the 30s. Possibly late 30s. Remember on top of F/S, academy and FA compo north also have the 2 end of first rounders they were given. I’m not expecting Melbourne to drop lot of finals at this point.
We hope you now finish bottom and we get a start of 2nd round pick from you..death riding and all;)

Realistically the pick will be in the 30s. Possibly late 30s. Remember on top of F/S, academy and FA compo north also have the 2 end of first rounders they were given. I’m not expecting Melbourne to drop lot of finals at this point.

It's 33 as it stands taking North's picks into account assuming the same finishing positions

No, Petty isn't (in play)

The Dees future 2nd round pick is ultimately what this transaction will happen, for some reason the Crows will leave it to the last minute to try make their club look like big shots (least in the eyes of their supporters)

Called it perfectly. Oh wait no you didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back