Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be traded and will probably come good but he looks like there is not a lot going on upstairs and he acts like it as well.
As someone wise once said, 'you don't have to be smart to be a good football player'. 🤷‍♀️

If anything I think it makes him more likely to stay at Collingwood. Would be a hard sell to the average member of another club and therefore to the board of most other clubs, particularly those who watch channel 7 or channel 9 news more than they watch Collingwood games.

As someone wise once said, 'you don't have to be smart to be a good football player'. 🤷‍♀️

If anything I think it makes him more likely to stay at Collingwood. Would be a hard sell to the average member of another club and therefore to the board of most other clubs, particularly those who watch channel 7 or channel 9 news more than they watch Collingwood games.

Anything goes at Moorabbin.
Start at the top with Lethlean and Lyon then just work your way down through Crouch etc …

The coke issue is not the story, he apparently didn't rock up to pre-season in quite the shape some teammates did.
Can't see the Pies looking to off-load him though. Different scenario to Stephenson who has one serious flaw to his game (body-contact) and is an absolute air-head

Way to much overanalysing here

He only just turned 20 yet the kid was under an immense amount of pressure from the media and public all last year.

Yes he has made a mistake and needs to quickly learn about professionalism and the standard's he needs to reach and maintain but to suggest Collingwood would be eager to throw him away to the wolves after one bad pre-season is laughable

HAHAHA

Talk about jumping the gun Dave.

Unlike you ;)

However did De Goey last this long with an attitude like this. Oh, and Swanny too.
The kid is 20. He made a bad decision. They aren't gonna trade him. They love him and they'll support him, to make sure he makes better decisions going forward.

HAHAHA

Talk about jumping the gun Dave.

Unlike you ;)

However did De Goey last this long with an attitude like this. Oh, and Swanny too.
The kid is 20. He made a bad decision. They aren't gonna trade him. They love him and they'll support him, to make sure he makes better decisions going forward.

Well you can't make better decisions going backwards :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion I am sure, but I don't think he has all that much more to his game. What you see is what he has.

Perhaps he will make me look dumb in the years to come.
He’s the complete opposite to your prototype footballer in 2023, which makes Ginnivan an interesting prospect. He’s not the type that is gifted with natural ability, doesn’t standout for kicking, marking or speed etc but does have something a lot of very talented footy players don’t, which is unbelievable footy smarts.

Makes for an interesting career to see where that can take him. He’s very, very clever on the field, and it’s something that can only come naturally, and can’t be taught. If he can show commitment to the craft and work to improving the tangibles in his game, he’ll be a decent AFL footballer.

Under Buckley he would have been gone, he was very short sighted.

McRae will work with him and turn him into a good footballer by levelling him out.

He kicks goals, players who can do that are hard to find. Just ask Carlton, Owies lol.

Under Buckley he would have been gone, he was very short sighted.

McRae will work with him and turn him into a good footballer by levelling him out.

He kicks goals, players who can do that are hard to find. Just ask Carlton, Owies lol.
I dont think we would have seen this Jack under Bucks. He wouldn't have felt he could be himself. But under fly it's different. The kid is only gonna get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back