Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh that was a head scratcher for me. Obviously must have been something RTB liked as I didn't really notice him much.

Thought Steele or Marshall were your best on in R1.

Looking at the stats Henry had a low DE and quite a few clangers. Maybe he was just trying to do too much with the ball in R1? He executed well last night.
Yeah Steele practically carried our whole midfield and could easily get Brownlow votes for that game, while Marshall was similarly excellent. Had the result gone the other way they get CV’s for sure.

I saw that comment on your board, but he was listed as having 17 pressure acts last night, and that was equal-11th on the ground, so to suggest he’s not getting involved in that side of the game certainly wasn’t reflected in the stats.

Especially when you consider he went off injured at the 4 minute mark of the last quarter and didn’t return. So when he went off he was probably top 5 or so for pressure acts.

While last week he was equal-12th.
Yeah but there are pressure acts and there are pressure acts, plenty of half arse acts when you watch him off ball

There was a good point raised on our board, Ross is taking a completely different approach with him. If you watch him offball, he's probably worse than when he was with us and it was the main thing he kept getting dropped for but Ross seems to have said, just do what you do best and create.

Regardless, he really adjusted to the speed of AFL the 2nd half of last year and he's continued on from that this year, it was a shitty trade for what he was starting to show because we always just cop it on uncontracted players. Like freo_leo29 I hated it then and hate it more now.

Given we got a lot of poop in his first 41 games and put so many years into him, I'm not the biggest fan of him personally but at least it's one less Colin Young client
I'd be very surprised if Ross Lyon was allowing anyone to do their own thing and not have to apply the pressure he expects from the rest of the side.

I saw that comment on your board, but he was listed as having 17 pressure acts last night, and that was equal-11th on the ground, so to suggest he’s not getting involved in that side of the game certainly wasn’t reflected in the stats.

Especially when you consider he went off injured at the 4 minute mark of the last quarter and didn’t return. So when he went off he was probably top 5 or so for pressure acts.

While last week he was equal-12th.
So.... Ross Lyon bashed the lazyness of softness out of Liam Henry? Good on him.

He’s had him up at stoppages so it seems he’s not as soft as Hill at least. Been really good so far and a shame he’s now out for 6+.

Henry is an absolute talent who is young and finding his way. Ross might be the coach to get the best out of him.

I think he just didn't want to be in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back