Traded Elijah Hollands [Traded to Carlton with #28 & F4 for #26 and F3(Ess)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither but there's a role up for grabs there and I'm sure it would be his thinking.
Competition is always good. But the reality is Hollands has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he deserves a starting spot ahead of either of them.

Only a winger like setterfield was for us, to fit him in the team. Maybe not like for like with Cripps but who is? Right now he has to 'win' second reserve mid over Carroll and Binns, after Kennedy, a few injuries and he may well be starting mid with a changed mix and I don't think he'd get that at GC.

Carroll and Binns played 17 minutes and 17 seconds game time at senior level between them this year.

I don't have much hope for Carroll but given Binns' year at VFL level you'd have to say he too would be behind Hollands heading into 2024.

Sure he'll get a look in with injuries. But the same could probably be said of him were he to end up at any club.

Suspect we are waiting for the complicated 4 club trade involving Paddy Dow to go through before we trade for Hollands.

A real indictment on the draft and the advantage that GC have in being able to list any zoned player.

They can piss away a top ten draft pick and not care.
An Ill-informed comment that is. The suns have been in basically the bottom for the ladder for 13 years. Hollands was not any priority pick or anything along those lines he is simply a top 10 pic that hadn’t worked out. If you look at Richmonds history, there’s plenty of them at your club.

An Ill-informed comment that is. The suns have been in basically the bottom for the ladder for 13 years. Hollands was not any priority pick or anything along those lines he is simply a top 10 pic that hadn’t worked out. If you look at Richmonds history, there’s plenty of them at your club.

Every club has had their fair share of top 10 picks that didn't work out. Two just got traded half an hour ago (Dow and Coffield)

Also it has to be said Richmond poaching Tom Lynch from the Suns was a significant factor Gold Coasy getting all their bonus picks and NGA region/catchment areas expanded.

Read the post I wrote that you responded to before you blast one out.

Never said Hollands was a priority pick.
What I’m saying is that it’s obvious GCs additional zoning assistance means they don’t care if they piss away top draft picks.

Brodie, Bowes and now Hollands are three that they’ve given away for peanuts. They don’t care if their top picks don’t work out because they get so much local talent in.

Not many clubs can have three top ten picks in three years walk away from the club for little in return.

Edit: 4 top ten draft picks including Peter Wright.

Last edited:

What I’m saying is that it’s obvious GCs additional zoning assistance means they don’t care if they piss away top draft picks.

Brodie, Bowes and now Hollands are three that they’ve given away for peanuts. They don’t care if their top picks don’t work out because they get so much local talent in.

Not many clubs can have three top ten picks in three years walk away from the club for little in return.

I read it, you’re putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Our academy it not related to any of the players you list being moved on, so I called your comment out

Which one of Touk, Rowell or Anderson makes way for Brodie, Bowes or Hollands?

Would you prefer Wright or King?

We couldn’t possibly hold onto all the top and talent we’ve got over the years. No club could’ve. We have correctly and selectively held onto who we think are the better players. Have we got it right every time no, but I think they’ve done a half decent job.

Our academy it not related to any of the players you list being moved on, so I called your comment out

We couldn’t possibly hold onto all the top and talent we’ve got over the years. No club could’ve. We have correctly and selectively held onto who we think are the better players. Have we got it right every time no, but I think they’ve done a half decent job.
Yep, so tell me.
Are you upset you have let four top ten draft picks in the last four years go for peanuts?

Because if not, id say you’ve been gifted plenty of top end talent to piss away top tens each year and not care.

No other club would lose these sorts of assets in this time and not flinch.

This year is no different, you will get three top 20 kids in your academy.

Suns also still have issues with player retention, which is part of the reason you have such a bountiful NGA.

Bowes is literally the best local talent the Suns have ever brought in to the club and he is one that was pushed out? Besides that our best performed local player in 11 years is… Alex Davies maybe? Alex Sexton if you want to include him? Lachie Weller if you discount the fact we paid pick 2 for him?

Im sorry, I’m just not sure who else you are talking about when you mention all these incredible locals who we have brought in to this point who have allowed us to move these guys on?

I don’t know if you have been keeping up with the AFL, but the Suns haven’t exactly been better off for failing to develop these players? I personally would much rather we just develop the players we bring in so I’m not sure where you’re coming from with this rant?

Yep, so tell me.
Are you upset you have let four top ten draft picks in the last four years go for peanuts?

Because if not, id say you’ve been gifted plenty of top end talent to piss away top tens each year and not care.

No other club would lose these sorts of assets in this time and not flinch.

This year is no different, you will get three top 20 kids in your academy.
Again your argument that we gave away elite talent because of our academy is false and that’s what you were called out about.

Am I happy about us giving the talent we have had away for peanuts? Ask any Suns fans about just how happy I am about it. Im more than happy to discuss the wasted talent issue with you but don’t pretend that it’s linked to the academy

Sorry but again you’re wrong, this year is very different, we have never had 2 let alone 3 academy boys in the top 20, this came about because on 10 years of hard work building the game in SEQ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns also still have issues with player retention, which is part of the reason you have such a bountiful NGA.
Correct, and to combat those issues we have had to over pay to keep players, the academy is allowing us to slowly, but surely bring in more local talent and remove the over paying issue, moving forward. It’s a great initiative, but let’s not pretend that it reaped huge rewards for us as our Tigers friend would have people believe. The outcome for effort has been extraordinarily small up until this year, and all we are getting is three highly regarded teenagers. They could all be stars and they could all be flops. We won’t know for a number of years yet.

Correct, and to combat those issues we have had to over pay to keep players, the academy is allowing us to slowly, but surely bring in more local talent and remove the over paying issue, moving forward. It’s a great initiative, but let’s not pretend that it reaped huge rewards for us as our Tigers friend would have people believe. The outcome for effort has been extraordinarily small up until this year, and all we are getting is three highly regarded teenagers. They could all be stars and they could all be flops. We won’t know for a number of years yet.

It's not as if you are getting those 3 Academy kids as a free hit either. You had to trade a very valuable pick (5) to get the points to cover the bids for your incoming academy kids or go into deficit next year

Bowes is literally the best local talent the Suns have ever brought in to the club and he is one that was pushed out? Besides that our best performed local player in 11 years is… Alex Davies maybe? Alex Sexton if you want to include him? Lachie Weller if you discount the fact we paid pick 2 for him?

Im sorry, I’m just not sure who else you are talking about when you mention all these incredible locals who we have brought in to this point who have allowed us to move these guys on?

I don’t know if you have been keeping up with the AFL, but the Suns haven’t exactly been better off for failing to develop these players? I personally would much rather we just develop the players we bring in so I’m not sure where you’re coming from with this rant?
I’m not talking about locals.
I’m talking about giving away top ten picks for peanuts.
Read my post then comment please mate.

My view is you’ve got such a leg up with top draft picks and local talent allowed to come in you are ok with pissing away top ten picks.

Again your argument that we gave away elite talent because of our academy is false and that’s what you were called out about.

Am I happy about us giving the talent we have had away for peanuts? Ask any Suns fans about just how happy I am about it. Im more than happy to discuss the wasted talent issue with you but don’t pretend that it’s linked to the academy

Sorry but again you’re wrong, this year is very different, we have never had 2 let alone 3 academy boys in the top 20, this came about because on 10 years of hard work building the game in SEQ.
You aren’t reading my posts bigun.

You are giving away elite talent for nothing because you get so much top end talent in.
Whether they are top ten draft picks or elite local talent, giving away four top ten draft picks in four years for nothing means supporters like you don’t bat an eyelid to it. Don’t pretend you care.

The Bowes trade last year was an absolute disgrace. But it doesn’t matter because you get three elite players this year and another last year. And likely 2-3 next year. I’m not complaining, it’s just fact.

You aren’t reading my posts bigun.

You are giving away elite talent for nothing because you get so much top end talent in.
Whether they are top ten draft picks or elite local talent, giving away four top ten draft picks in four years for nothing means supporters like you don’t bat an eyelid to it. Don’t pretend you care.

The Bowes trade last year was an absolute disgrace. But it doesn’t matter because you get three elite players this year and another last year. And likely 2-3 next year. I’m not complaining, it’s just fact.
IMG_0639.gif

I’m not talking about locals.
I’m talking about giving away top ten picks for peanuts.
Read my post then comment please mate.

My view is you’ve got such a leg up with top draft picks and local talent allowed to come in you are ok with pissing away top ten picks.
So you’re not talking about locals, you’re talking about…. local talent allowed to come in? You’re right, maybe I am confused by your words mate.

The reason we have a “leg up” with top draft picks is because clubs like yours have come in and pillorised us over the years and we have been in a constant state of rebuild as a result. No sh*t we’re used to players leaving the club.

I honestly have no idea what the point of your argument is? Every Suns fan on here is absolutely filthy that we have essentially been a revolving door for talent so I’m not sure where you have gotten this viewpoint of yours from.

Anyway… back to giving away Elijah for nothing.

Anyway… back to giving away Elijah for nothing.

You finally got it Young, took you a while but well done.

You’re giving away ANOTHER top ten pick for nothing and don’t care about it. The forth in four years that GC have pissed away.

Mate if any other club in the AFL did this it would be gross mismanagement. But suns fans just don’t seem to care.

You finally got it Young, took you a while but well done.

You’re giving away ANOTHER top ten pick for nothing and don’t care about it. The forth in four years that GC have pissed away.

Mate if any other club in the AFL did this it would be gross mismanagement. But suns fans just don’t seem to care.
Sorry, thought the sarcasm was obvious. I’ll add the /s for you, but don’t worry, you’ll get there Rich. Just might take you a while. ;)

Mate he ran a 5:5X 2KM TT. Nick Daicos is the best 2KM runner at the Pies and he runs a 6:3X.

He is an elite runner, he just hasn't had the opportunity at GCS in his favoured position.

You sure about that?

His brother runs a 5:54 2km and he was nowhere near the same runner as he was and is significantly heavier.

You sure about that?

His brother runs a 5:54 2km and he was nowhere near the same runner as he was and is significantly heavier.
yes

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

1697537967291.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back