Traded Massimo D'Ambrosio [Traded to Hawthorn for #61 and F4 (Pies)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's 20 years old, so not a finished product by any stretch of the imagination.

While there are some limitations to his game at the moment, he has an elite left foot and excellent pace.

Truthfully I'm quite surprised he hasn't been re-signed yet.

Back in May, Twomey (et al) reported the Bombers had put contract negotiations with him on hold. Why would they do that?

Fast forward a month, sure enough negotiations were still on hold, despite rivals circling. (Twomey again)

Then today on Gettable, Twomey brought up his name again, suggesting that if he was North, he'd be right into him.

And I tend to agree.

So does anyone know why the Bombers haven't offered another deal?

While there are some limitations to his game at the moment, he has an elite left foot and excellent pace.

Back in May, Twomey (et al) reported the Bombers had put contract negotiations with him on hold. Why would they do that?

Fast forward a month, sure enough negotiations were still on hold, despite rivals circling. (Twomey again)

Then today on Gettable, Twomey brought up his name again, suggesting that if he was North, he'd be right into him.

And I tend to agree.

List spots are very tight at Essendon

We currently have 1 too many players on the list as it stands currently

Ben Mckay coming in (If you believe the journos) makes it 2 too many players

Id love to keep him as i think he offers something across half back even though he has defensive issues atm, but so do guys like Bailey Dale, J.Lloyd, Rich ect and both the first 2 have improved in this area

Just in that basket where the club would like to keep if theres a list spot but we have bigger priorities and making him wait may not make him feel wanted

The most likely guys on the senior list without contract for next year who could be delisted/retied are

Lord
Tippa
Snelling
Heppell
Phillips (Would have to be replaced by a ruck anyway)

Most of those guys have played all year and in Tippas case we know what he can do when fit and hes been getting better in the VFL

He would be great for North as a DFA.
Slot straight in as that loose uncontested half back that can deliver the ball well, and doesn’t bite off more than he can chew.

This would also release Sheezel to half forward where he belongs.

I’d love him at Richmond but have questions over his lack of defensive accountability. Needs to have support around him to account for this and let him play to his strengths.

And I tend to agree.

They also put talks on hold with Menzie aswell which is crazy averaging a goal a game in a side with no decent small forwards.
It typical dodoro nonsense like signing Stewart for two years our list management and recruiting is a shambles

He won’t be delisted, not sure if any other clubs will come knocking though. Would walk into North/Eagles starting line up.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

idk, maybe pick 805.
Not Funny GIF

🤷‍♀️ You're the one who made a thread about an out of contract rookie who has a career record of 16 games, including 4 games as starting sub, 2 games where he was subbed out, and 1 game where he was named as the sub and never even made it onto the field 😅😅😅 The rest of the time he played VFL or was injured.

Any Reason not signing?
He's one of like 3 players not yet signed so I'd say it's a squeeze on list spots and possibly a hope that if he does stay he might swing a rookie upgrade or a few extra dollars. Don't think he's actually going anywhere, can't see why anyone would exactly want him atm as he's yet to really prove anything.

Richmond were keen on him when he was playing for their vfl team. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them sniffing round. Don’t think they have many list spots though and they already are targeting Kosi and Finn McRae.

🤷‍♀️ You're the one who made a thread about an out of contract rookie who has a career record of 16 games, including 4 games as starting sub, 2 games where he was subbed out, and 1 game where he was named as the sub and never even made it onto the field 😅😅😅 The rest of the time he played VFL or was injured.
🤷

Rumblings on the Hawks board that we're keen. Is a beautiful kick but not sure he fills a list need unless he can impact forward.
Is an upgrade on Bramble at the least, and might even get a look forward of centre. Pacey and can kick well.

Good depth to have.

2 years (on the senior list) vs 1 year on the rookie list.

Should be straightforward swap of an F3.

Great kick, but is a massive liability defensively one on one. If he makes it it'll probably be as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back